Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Irish Deputy Prime Minister Simon Coveney said Boris Johnson’s reported plan to construct customs checkpoints a few kilometers either side of the Irish border was a "non-starter" and not a serious proposal.

Irish broadcaster RTE reported late Monday that the British PM’s new plan for the Irish border involved an "all-Ireland" trade zone limited largely to food and agriculture, with other imports and exports required to pass through newly constructed customs clearing centers between five and 10 miles back from the Irish border on either side. According to RTE, the information came from technical papers, officially called “non-papers,” sent by London to Brussels.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

proud of that jury

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1179009062509395968

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

n4iiiiiiiiii

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

really curious what the state dept ig has to say

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1179159526274035712?s=20

dEeP sTaTe!!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

fbi closed the investigation after a year bc the dude didnt leave a note or manifesto or anything. just planned for a year and did it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the state ig deal tomorrow is going to be a big thing imo

is it open

please say its open

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he had stents put in, hes gonna drop out prolly

hope warren enjoys them points

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper on Wednesday described the complaint submitted by an anonymous whistleblower about President Trump’s communications with Ukraine as the “best written” and “best prepared” complaint he had ever seen.

“I would say that of all the whistleblower complaints that I ever saw during my six and a half years as DNI that this one was the best written, best prepared, footnoted, and caveated as appropriately it should be,” Clapper, who served as DNI under President Obama from 2010 until the beginning of 2017, said at The Washington Post’s Cybersecurity Summit.

and in other investigations

quote:

House investigators are looking into an allegation that groups — including at least one foreign government — tried to ingratiate themselves to President Donald Trump by booking rooms at his hotels but never staying in them.

It’s a previously unreported part of a broad examination by the House Oversight Committee, included in Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, into whether Trump broke the law by accepting money from U.S. or foreign governments at his properties.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 2, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

2 dead 12 seriously injured in the crash.

gently caress, local news is blowing up about this

I've seen that b-17 flying around before, it was gorgeous :(

Slim Pickens posted:

A coworker says his dad had stents put in and went back to work the next day, feeling way better once they were put in. If he quits, it'd be for optics, not health probably?

working a 8 hour shift is probably a lot less intensive than a day running for president

plus the dude is 78

he ain't coming back

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my dad went in for 4 and whelp turned out they all needed doing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Flying_Crab posted:

IMO Bernie dropping could almost cement a Warren victory.

warren gets his votes without any infighting, and she can pull him to campaign for her when hes up for it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i thought he was wearing a white suit for a sec in that clip

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i loving love that he keeps dragging pence in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

McNally posted:

Someone who has literally never posted in GIP. Ever.

i figured thatd happen on an hourly basis

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this is a real tweet

from our president

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1179502966606352386?ref_url=http%3a%2f%2fforums.somethingawful.com%2f

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Members of the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division out of Alaska were conducting night jumps at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center, 25th Infantry spokesperson Cpt. Ashley Sangster said. Three aircraft were operating near two jump sites in a military exercise, Sangster said.
On the first pass to a drop zone near Camp Shelby, something went wrong and several in the unit ended up "in the trees," Sangster said. Weather was "fair" and the aircraft landed safely, Sangster said, so authorities are still trying to determine what went wrong.
Of the injured, 15 were treated by medics in the field and seven were transported to local hospitals, according to US Army Alaska spokesman John Pennell.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i misread that and got confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExk9GRJDR4

gta4 soundtrack was lit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

we got another season of beavis and butt-head out of that so im cool with it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

A Chinese diplomat suggested that China is not likely to be interested in investigating Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden, as President Trump suggested today.

“We do not want to get in the middle of the US politics,” the diplomat said.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i imagine him as an nfl ref when we get these kinda tweets

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SHADOWBANNED!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh poo poo that wing chun technique

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

whats the warren tweet in response to

jacob wohl had a press event where he revealed a marine and warren totally had a hot 3 way and she banged him so hard he had a scar on his back that he posted on ig months ago where he got it from throwing a chair or something idk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Was wondering when this was going to blow up and what it was about. Sounds like political appointees are putting their fingers where they don't belong at the IRS.

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/1179860889010425858?s=19

maddow mentioned this when she did colbert this week

thats a spicy one right there since its so close to the precious tax returns

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BigDave posted:

Jesus Christ people just keep lining up to whistleblow against this prick.

schiff said the house intel committee gets 2-3 inquiries a month on how to whistleblow

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

A boot camp class ring.

whatever the crime, he's guilty

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

House Republicans will force a vote to formally condemn Rep. Adam Schiff when they return from recess, their most aggressive offensive yet as the GOP fumbles for a strategy to beat back impeachment efforts.

The largely symbolic move, which won’t get approved by the Democrat-controlled House, is backed by the House's highest-ranking Republicans and some of President Donald Trump's close allies on Capitol Hill: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.).

hahahahahahahahahaha

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

The fact that rick perry was a stealth good pick because he had the good sense upon being told that DoE manages the nuclear arsenal and also everything with nuclear reactors, to make himself as invisible as possible regarding policy and let smarter people in the department make the decisions, is amazing to me.

he also decided that being on dancing with the stars would be a good idea

before being placed in charge of everything nuclear in america

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i feel that the phrase "before being put in charge of everything nuclear in america" to describe Rick Perry's life is never going to get old.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whyJCcjf6to

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_srb7wcTA

all the chuck mangione jokes killed me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

During a private phone call in June, President Trump promised Chinese President Xi Jinping that the US would remain quiet on pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong while trade talks continued, two sources familiar with knowledge of the call tell CNN.

jesus

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hexyflexy posted:

Congratulations, as much as I try to ignore the news for my health's sake, that's got me loving furious.

same here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

The China poo poo also poses a real interesting question with the call logs: should the Democrats fight in court for them?

Right now, there's plenty of evidence in the clear for articles of impeachment. You don't need the call transcripts, or any of that poo poo, Donnie's admitted to it all in public. You can do the impeachment articles and the trial quick.

But, if you want the call transcripts and all the other poo poo, you're going to have to fight in court. Trump is going to stall (lol you get nothing, it's not a real impeachment inquiry until you vote, lol your subpoena wasn't printed on glossy white paper so it's invalid get hosed) and you won't get anything for months. But you really, really want to know what's in those transcripts.

So, do you get the articles out quick and gently caress the transcripts? Or, do you drag out impeachment to get the transcripts, getting bogged down in the courts? I don't really know.

honestly at this point taking more time = more crimes to charge him with as he's flailing wildly at his crime machine to figure out which crime is going to make this all go away

:honk:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Blame the loving media who don't push back when trump or republicans lie straight to their face, how they ignore the human costs of the lies and governance, how they candy coat what trump says to make him seem "normal".

Seriously, I think the media is more to blame for this situation than anything else.

if we didnt have a free and open press imagine how much of this poo poo would've gone by forever unnoticed

if anything this whole trump presidency has made my faith in journalists that much stronger and is the only reason we're as well off as we are

its not their fault the dems cant make it stick imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm not arguing that free press is the issue, the issue is that the media profits from all this chaos rather than then trying to do the right thing, which would be to honestly cover stuff instead of bringing in rich as gently caress pundits to "analyse" politics etc when it's clearly just capitalist propaganda meant to further their own goals of making more money

ok yeah i gotcha, especially with the nyt saving the "shoot em in the legs" piece for their book