Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KungFu Grip posted:

Reminder that this tournament is supposed to be weighed in the voters minds about the wrestler performances from 2017 to 2019, which is why i'm amendment on Hiromu being part of the tournament even though he's inactive near the end of '18 and this year.

El Desperado as well :colbert:

Also please make sure NXT UK talent doesn't completely get ignored: British Strong Style, WALTER, Rhea Ripley, Toni Storm, Jordan Devlin and Zack Gibson are all worth a spot

Also also Mercedes Martinez please and thank you

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The second batch of 32 entrants are below. These are largely workers that are too important to exclude, based off their push in major promotions. They will all get byes into the second round. the first group I posted also gets first round byes.

AJ Styles
Alexa Bliss
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Bianca Belair
Big E
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Charlotte Flair
Fenix
Hiromu Takahashi
Johnny Gargano
Kento Miyahara
Kevin Owens
King Corbin
Kofi Kingston
LA Park
Matt Jackson
Matt Riddle
Nick Jackson
Randy Orton
Ricochet
Roman Reigns
Ronda Rousey
Rush
Sasha Banks
Seth Rollins
Shane McMahon
Shayna Baszler
Shinsuke Nakamura
Tommaso Ciampa

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Punch McLightning posted:

The second batch of 32 entrants are below. These are largely workers that are too important to exclude, based off their push in major promotions. They will all get byes into the second round. the first group I posted also gets first round byes.

AJ Styles
Alexa Bliss
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Bianca Belair
Big E
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Charlotte Flair
Fenix
Hiromu Takahashi
Johnny Gargano
Kento Miyahara
Kevin Owens
King Corbin
Kofi Kingston
LA Park
Matt Jackson
Matt Riddle
Nick Jackson
Randy Orton
Ricochet
Roman Reigns
Ronda Rousey
Rush
Sasha Banks
Seth Rollins
Shane McMahon
Shayna Baszler
Tommaso Ciampa
WALTER

so this is a joke tournament or what the gently caress

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Daisuke Sekimoto
Chris Brookes
Jonathan Gresham
David Starr
Ben-K
Konosuke Takeshita
Speedball Mike Bailey

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

He gets pushed like gently caress in the world's biggest company, it'd be absurd to not include him.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He gets pushed like gently caress in the world's biggest company, it'd be absurd to not include him.

you know who also got pushed like gently caress? hitler

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the wrestler shane mcmahon, you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jacob Fatu
Jimmy Lloyd
DBS, Jr.
Joe Doering
PACO (AAW)
Homicide
Dan Barry
Pinky Sanchez
Addy Starr
Jeff Cannonball
Sexxxxy Eddy
AR Fox
Colt Cabana
James Storm

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 3, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

so this is a joke tournament or what the gently caress

Did you not see past ones, there have always been bad or joke options that no one votes for

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I submit Hana Kimura because she has a rgb sword and all her stable has fake guns

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My suggestions

Asuka (the real one who wrestles for DDT, SEAdLINNNG and YMZ)
Andreza Giant Panda and/or his wife TinTin (they are giant pandas and TinTin had the best match of 2019)
Yuka Sakazaki (she is the joshi that has the best chance of doing well from her AEW appearances)
Meiko Satomura (she's a legend and one of the best in the world)
Microman (had the best match at CMLL's biggest show of the year)
Psycho Clown (he's Mexico's John Cena or Hiroshi Tanahashi and the tournament NEEDS at least one AAA clown)
Maki Itoh (she's very beloved for some reason)
Yuki Kamifuku (the hero of the Wrestlers on Social Media thread and her entrance theme is Old McDonald)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Tessa Blanchard, Willie Mack and The Rascalz (yes as a trio).

Also, did anyone say Nick Gage?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

El Phantasmo
Masaaki Mochizuki
Takashi Sugiura
Kzy

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Shibata. Did anyone say Shibata yet? put him at number one

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'll try to stick to Joshi people that might actually win and not the random mix of rookies and fun comedy people that are my personal favourites.

Riho obviously has to be in now: first AEW World Women's Champion; that match seems to have made a lot of people into big fans of her and she's great with a load of fun stuff from the last two years to back that up. Hikaru Shida might be a good shout as well; I'm not as high on her as others are but she's certainly had some fun matches and she's full time with AEW from the end of the month so that might help her case.

From Stardom: I'd say the top people from the last few years worth including are Momo Watanabe (last two years has basically been her ascent from being a kid to basically the company ace; a great White Belt and Tag Titles run as well; lots of fun matches); Arisa Hoshiki (came back in December and instantly became one of the best wrestlers they had; obvious weaknesses working against foreign wrestlers for whatever reason but I think the quality of the matches she's had especially on this White Belt run make her a contender especially since they're recent); and maybe Hana Kimura for the last little bit but I'm less sure on that. Kagetsu had a World Title reign that I dug but that most people thought was disappointing and there are others who're always good like Jungle Kyona (the perpetual underdog) and Konami (who always has great matches) but I think you have to consider the level of those matches on a list like this.

Outside there: other people have mentioned Maki Itoh from TJPW but Miyu Yamashita has sort of been the person that has defined them for a lot of that time plus she's the best wrestler they have: Yuka Sakazaki might be better known for a poll like this through AEW though. More broadly; Sareee is my 2019 wrestler of the year and has had a lot of fantastic matches; mainly in Sendai Girls but also in Ice Ribbon and allegedly in Diana but they release nothing. Takumi Iroha is the ace of Marvelous and they've really entrenched themselves in the last couple of years as a small-time but growing promotion that produces a load of great young talent: plus she has very good matches consistently; Meiko Satomura has been mentioned for Sendai Girls but I'd also throw out Chihiro Hashimoto who's the best big woman in wrestling. Not a major Ice Ribbon person but Tsukasa Fujimoto is great; can't do more than that.

I'd probably stick to the top two groups though; although its up to you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So Matt Taven makes the list, right?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

So Matt Taven makes the list, right?

He gets pushed like gently caress in the world's biggest 8th biggest company, it'd be absurd to not include him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt posted:

i demand compensation

gently caress u buddy pay me

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to slightly revamp the lists I've posted already, e.g. bumping someone out for Shibata, but that person will still be in the tournament at large. I'm still looking for more feedback on who to include, but I'm going to close the field in the next couple of days and hopefully get something out next week.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Joey Lynch
Daniel Makabe
Tony Deppen
AC Mack
Brett Ison

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

you know who also got pushed like gently caress? hitler
JJ is not included in the tournament

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The field's been determined; expect a thread in a week or two!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is willing to help me out with some of the wrestler descriptions, please private message me here or get in touch with me on Twitter @RodneythePiper. I particularly need help with European promotions and smaller Japanese promotions.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

raises hand
How do you have 64 byes in a 128 person tournament? Wouldn't you need to run a 192 person tournament to even out the brackets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
i have said too much