Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
stolen snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m eating the free dinner and then immediately going home

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

not much at my unemployment internship, just a pen with school logo and file folder to submit for my uni documents appliaction and printing said docs, wanted to take flash usb stick but pussied out, for my defence: without supervision i sleept whenever i could, also internship payment is about 262,65 USD here so gently caress me for not stealing more

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this loving thread lmao

Just find a better job that you don't hate, jesus.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just go down to the job factory and get a better one duh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I was out of coffee on a Saturday so I went to the office and made a fresh pot. Only did one hour of work and then left.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh also I stole 25,000 dollars worth of hard drives and sold them to the local used computer parts store.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i could have kept some monitors i brought home for wfh use. they only tracked laptops at that gig and that was the only thing they specifically asked for back.

but honestly they were trash so why bother? i would have just recycled them my now anyway. probably would have saved them money if I’d taken them

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I grab a free drink from the fridge even though I'm about to head home and probably not doing any more work

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jonny 290 posted:

this loving thread lmao

I enjoy my job and still steal poo poo at every opportunity, as is an employee's duty

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

years and years ago i worked for a place that sold music online. i ran dev + ops on the ingestion side, so i had direct access to the flac/aiff/wav/mp3 that the labels uploaded

did get me some pre-release copies of various albums every once in a while, even had a script for fetching all files associated with a sku :yarr:

never shared any of them cause that was when they still cared bout prosecuting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh also when i worked retail, we all stole like crazy

like full on fraud, putting poo poo out back to pick up after work, not scanning high value items at the register, just opening packages and eating stuff at work

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
oh yeah when i was a cook i always ate two meals per shift

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when I worked for a catering company, there was never any extra alcohol to bring back to the shop after weddings

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The vending machine at my old job had just one item where if you gave it exact change, it would vend the item and all of your change back except for one nickel. It was one of those bags of snack mix with like cheezits, pretzels and chips that nobody would ever buy when you could just get a chocolate bar or a bag of the type of chips you actually want, so I don't think anyone knew except for the guys on my team.

It worked for about three or four months before either someone snitched, or the vending company finally noticed the huge increase in this one particular item being sold.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

this loving thread lmao

im such a slave to wage slavery, it drains my motivation to care about living

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Alzabo posted:

back in '08 I got a call at 11AM call on a Saturday morning from a friend CJ'ing at a home mortgage company, who said something like this:

'empty the trunk of your car, the company is done and we're getting paid'.

Spent a few hours there, got a 2u quad socket opteron server, a juniper gateway, a 3com switch and all the copper and DIMMs I wanted.

My only regret was not taking some of that sweet SPARC hardware. :(

Who steals my sparc steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also steal from grocery stores

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Siljmonster posted:

stealing food is not a crime if you cant afford it imo

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

in my teens i briefly worked a newly opened restaurant where the owners girlfriend was the day-to-day manager. After a few weeks, she called everyone in to a meeting demanding to know who stole all the pens. Apparently we had gone through 100 of those cheap-rear end bic pens in the first few weeks... when a colleague said that in a restaurant with 5 cooks and 10 waiters on each shift, its a miracle we didnt go through more, she lost it and said she would not supply us with any more...

after that i made sure to pocket a pen every shift, and a few weeks later she started suppplying us with pens again.

she tried the same tactic when she thought we were using to many dish-cloths. Closing a full restaurant + kitchen with 3 cloths got pretty tiring fast.

sidenote: restaurant was open for about 6 months before going bankrupt. i went by the evening before we all got told we lost our jobs. the same evening bikers showed up and demanded to talk to the owner - apparently he lent 50,000 dollars to stay afloat the last few months.

never made more money in my teens, doing less work.. good times...

today im spoiled and get everything i want from my job, so no need to steal

refleks fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 6, 2019

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i guess this is technically stealing too:

when i worked as a cook we also used to have egg throwing contests to see who could throw them out the back door the furthest. one guy managed to land an egg on the post office roof across the road

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I steal value from the shareholders by working on nonsense projects that will never ship

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cold on a Cob posted:

i guess this is technically stealing too:

when i worked as a cook we also used to have egg throwing contests to see who could throw them out the back door the furthest. one guy managed to land an egg on the post office roof across the road

lmao we would try to hit the container with whatever bad produce we had, from the other side of the loading dock

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'm basically a massive imposter at work so I think that technically counts as stealing

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

qhat posted:

I'm basically a massive imposter at work so I think that technically counts as stealing

hell, same

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

this loving thread lmao

lmao. good one.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

forcing people to care about computers and respecting other peoples opinions about them for 40 o 50 hours a week is an unforgivable offense that requires theft at any chance.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Saying you actually enjoy busting your rear end almost exclusively for the benefit of a bunch of people who literally do not care at all about your welfare is about as Stockholm as it gets.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its ok someday yall will understand

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I will never understand class treason

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Krankenstyle posted:

I don't think u get it, op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Currently my guts are class traitorous because I'm making GBS threads at home instead of on the clock

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Captain Foo posted:

no cops in yospos

no farmers either :siren:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

by the grace of god one day you will understand the joy of having a good job you like.

theres nothing like going home after every fiscal quarter knowing you did everything you could to get your boss a bonus, and enjoyed the journey along the way.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

power botton posted:

by the grace of god one day you will understand the joy of having a good job you like.

theres nothing like going home after every fiscal quarter knowing you did everything you could to get your boss a bonus, and enjoyed the journey along the way.

we all work because they pay us to, not to make someone else richer. that might be a side effect. it’s okay to enjoy your job. in fact, it’s better than being miserable your entire life.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

a fair and balanced response from management. thank you

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

if i had the perfect job i would still steal anything i could get away with

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Siljmonster posted:

If I have to self check out i'm ringing everything up as bananas.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sweevo posted:

if i had the perfect job i would still steal anything i could get away with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

power botton posted:

just be your own boss hth

anybody in the US can start their own small business whenever they want