Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

So back at my old job, room where they stored all the server hardware/spares. Usually this door was locked, but if you worked the later shift and checked to see if the door was locked everyday, you would eventually be rewarded for your diligence. Mostly it was full of SAS drives of malformed and misproportioned sizes (as server hardware do) but also regular SATA drives. That and shitloads and shitloads of server RAM. Idk if that stuff could be used as normal RAM even, I don't think it can due to it being ECC or non-ECC (whichever one is bad in desktops).

I also yoinked stuff habitually from the electronics recycle pallet and tested if it was good/still working. Though I don't think this counts as stealing.

Why do you want to know Chill, are you a cop? You have to tell us if you're a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

this laptop i'm postin' on

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Stymie posted:

perhaps we should be more concerned with working for such a company, rather than taking a stapler and feeling smug about it

And just let some other endless line of slavering masses take our place? I scoff sir, scoff at the notion.

If you're so worried about it why don't you get all Red Army Faction in silicon valley and start your own social change. PM me if you get cool patches. I won't be down for hostage taking without a cool patch.

Until then stop raining on the rest of us pillaging our lovely apathetic bosses.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)