Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I heard a ref got absolutely wrecked in UGA/Tennessee during a scrum for a fumble, is this accurate?

Also even though it's a bye week, Deacs bitch

Ask and ye shall receive a tweet

https://twitter.com/jen_eration_x/status/1180669522509844480?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
OU is gonna beat Texas. Bummer.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

They're going to have to get past Ohio State.

Also, Tennessee during the first half:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Gator fanfic from Reddit:

:bisonyes:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My dad is the most pessimistic bama fan I know and he watched Auburn Florida yesterday and said "Tua would put up sixty on both of these teams"

hes right

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not sure if this is a point in his favor or not, but Odom's teams always look like poo poo early and get better.

Yesterday was Odom's first win after a bye week and the off-season is like one humongous bye. So should we be shocked we dropped an easily winnable game to start the year?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Raku posted:

My dad is the most pessimistic bama fan I know and he watched Auburn Florida yesterday and said "Tua would put up sixty on both of these teams"

hes right

My dad is also a somewhat pessimistic Bama fan. And being a Bama fan, I think he was even more excited about the Auburn result than I was.

I have a feeling he still has some reservations about Tua putting up video game numbers in truly big games. And weird poo poo can happen in road trips to Jordan-Hare.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LLCoolJD posted:

Pride or outright self delusion?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thermos H Christ posted:

OU is gonna beat Texas. Bummer.

Nah.

Texas going to win. By a lot.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
Good morning, Florida beat Auburn.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

put some bourbon in my coffee and talkin myself into the gators pulling joe burrow and lsu into the suck vortex and winning like 16-7

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Well deserved, says I.

Every conference thinks their refs stink, but no one can slow a game down to a ponderous crawl quite like SEC officials. There was a drat 30-minute delay, featuring about four commercial breaks, in Florida/Auburn when Marcy Marc Curles and the Funky Bunch tried to review a penalty that was, by rule, unreviewable. UGA/UT was an endless slog of weak penalties, including one point where two targeting calls were overturned on back to back plays.

I know I'm asking the impossible of the assemblage of low-level Regions bankers and Breitbart commentators that makes up the SEC officiating talent pool, but fellas...have you ever considered just letting the kids play? OOOooooOOOOOooooo scary, I know. You might have something like AJ Green calling attention to himself, and think of the children, etc.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Anyway UGA looked like butt for 2.5 quarters and are due to pay dearly for a defense without a particular identity and an offense that just wastes 5-star talent everywhere. But you can also look at it as a 39-point win in Knoxville that was half-rear end enough to save Pruitt's job! So to that end, I say

https://twitter.com/Dylanlwebber/status/1180678678465961986?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The defense was incredible in the first quarter and then got absolutely shredded in the second, to the tune of OSU’s most yards in any quarter since 2012. This tells me that the D has more flaws than previously thought, especially in the secondary, but I think a lot of it is that OSU is just that good on offense. The offense couldn’t get things going but I’m not sure what more Salem could realistically have gotten out of them, and obviously turning it over twice in the first four plays completely alters your gameplan. Overall we hung around longer than I expected but the brilliance displayed at the beginning made the rest of the game more disappointing.

Wisconsin and Penn State are going to be a much better barometer of where we’re at. Everyone wants to measure themselves against Ohio State but those programs are much closer to Sparty’s tier, and Dantonio has had Penn State’s number for a while. The Wisconsin game might be a lot like Michigan-Iowa was.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Pruitt was never getting fired before the Bama game. Fulmer wants to swoop in and coach the dregs of the schedule to make himself look like an instant upgrade.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I was at a wedding so I didn't see the hit on Kelly Bryant until now. gently caress Troy.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

D.N. Nation posted:

Anyway UGA looked like butt for 2.5 quarters and are due to pay dearly for a defense without a particular identity and an offense that just wastes 5-star talent everywhere. But you can also look at it as a 39-point win in Knoxville that was half-rear end enough to save Pruitt's job! So to that end, I say

https://twitter.com/Dylanlwebber/status/1180678678465961986?s=20

That UGA math

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hard to envision anything but LSU taking Florida to the woodshed.

Buuuuuut, it's clear Jalen Hurts is going to have a field day against Texas, so ....

Yes, Florida's uhhhh hard-nosed defense will confound LSU, who will completely fall apart and look like a totally different team

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

superbelch posted:

That UGA math

Ha. Long night. 29-point win.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

From my understanding, after Florida drags you into clownball you remain there for the rest of the season.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Am I off, or is this the least upsetty college football season in awhile so far? It feels decidedly unchaotic to this point. Where art thou, xort?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

Am I off, or is this the least upsetty college football season in awhile so far? It feels decidedly unchaotic to this point. Where art thou, xort?

Last season was also pretty much chalk.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Please be okay, Kelly

Cale Garrett, I love you

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Dilber posted:

From my understanding, after Florida drags you into clownball you remain there for the rest of the season.

:hmmyes:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is insane and will never happen but if Florida wins out to the playoffs it will effectively had to go through the top 3 teams in the nation, and the top 4 teams in the SEC and that's absolutely crazy to me.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I think I remember that one TFF official saying that amongst the officials / refs there was a joke that went something like, "Pac 10 refs will see the play and make the wrong call, SEC refs won't see the play and they'll just guess"

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

PostNouveau posted:

Buuuuuut, it's clear Jalen Hurts is going to have a field day against Texas, so ....

Yes, Florida's uhhhh hard-nosed defense will confound LSU, who will completely fall apart and look like a totally different team

Its hate week. Get it together. Oklahoma is a backwater gas field that should be condemned as a super fund site that happens to field an ok football team.

A worse Texas team took them on with Kyler Murray and beat em. Herman's teams are always hyped and always prepared for big games.

Texas is going to win. gently caress OU. Amen.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

gently caress it I’m all in for Florida. Our ranking is deserved because of our ability to make other teams play lovely. Next weekend LSU is going to look like a JV high school team. But so will the Gators. It’s our super power or our contagious disease, depending on your outlook.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gameday doing two Florida games in a row is weird. Obviously that’s the biggest game but the Red River game is right there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

Its hate week. Get it together. Oklahoma is a backwater gas field that should be condemned as a super fund site that happens to field an ok football team.

A worse Texas team took them on with Kyler Murray and beat em. Herman's teams are always hyped and always prepared for big games.

Texas is going to win. gently caress OU. Amen.

It's true, Case McCoy beat OU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think you'll find hate week is Thanksgiving weekend, friend.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

N: OU was the last team to have College Gameday at their home game, an away game, and a neutral site game I believe in 2008. That's kind of interesting. Florida making moves. :smuggo:

V:

vyst fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 6, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

N: OU was the last team to have College Gameday at their home game, an away game, and a neutral site game I believe in 2008. That's kind of interesting. Florida making moves. :smuggo:

V:

I think they make a good effort to spread it around these days. I saw an article that was like "Red River Shootout Snubbed by Gameday" but eh they already did a Texas game this year and they went to the Shootout last year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

I believe in Joe Burreaux.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LLCoolJD posted:

"You guys are screwed without Franks" lol literally nobody ever thought this

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
poo poo, a Charlie Strong Texas team beat OU that one time. Anything’s possible in the Cotton Bowl. Jalen Hurts is absolutely going to throw for like a thousand yards but maybe we get a few turnovers and push their defense around some and who knows?

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Florida Gators Bitch.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thermos H Christ posted:

poo poo, a Charlie Strong Texas team beat OU that one time. Anything’s possible in the Cotton Bowl. Jalen Hurts is absolutely going to throw for like a thousand yards but maybe we get a few turnovers and push their defense around some and who knows?

we rolled up 313 yards on the ground while our historically awful run D held them to 67 yards on 37 carries and our QBs were 9/12 for 55 yards and 2 TDs lmao that game was amazing

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

ARIZONA FIRST PLACE IN PAC 12 GIVE ME MY loving 25 RANKING

Do not under any circumstances, do this. We are king of poo poo mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Do not under any circumstances, do this. We are king of poo poo mountain.

Someone other than Oregon and Utah from the Pac-12 needs to be ranked. You guys are 4-1. Why not?

I mean, hell, Minnesota's going to be ranked a lot higher than 25. Don't you think you could be competitive with them?