Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cythereal posted:

Huh. I played Destiny 2 when it was put on battle.net free, and this is all very different - when I played, you started out in the City being invaded, ending with briefly losing your powers. I played through the campaign once, thought it was a completely okay but unremarkable first person shooter, uninstalled, and never touched it again.

Maybe it's time to give this steam f2p mode a shot.

Either way, this sure is a Bungie game. A whole lot of vague babble about 'the X' and 'the Y,' none of it explained well or given any context beyond 'thing good' or 'thing bad.'

The Steam version starts you out playing the first level to Destiny 1 and then drops you in the tower to do as you wilst without going through the story campaigns. Those are "Legacy content" and accessed by going to the vehicle seller, and nothing tells you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

malkav11 posted:

Yes and no. You get to play the major Red War campaign missions, but it's not delivered in the way Ugg's experiencing it and there are some cuts. Like from what I've heard you actually don't do the bit where you're sneaking out of the city while badly wounded, or locating the Farm? Also you used to get to pick a couple exotics as part of the campaign and apparently that is not the case anymore.

I don't know about the farm, but the other day I saw someone play the beginning and you definitely walk out.