Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It's a good thing you recorded this footage pre-Shadowkeep, because apparently the old new character experience doesn't really exist anymore. You can do the main campaign missions, but it's not cohesive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Gideon020 posted:

Should I play base Destiny 2/Forsaken before getting Shadowkeep? Or should I just jump straight into getting Shadowkeep? Been a long time and was thinking of starting over.

I'd start before buying Forsaken or Shadowkeep. There's a whole bunch of it that's free. If you find yourself wanting something that's locked behind one of the paid expansions or the season pass, go ahead and put down some cash. You'll probably end up wanting them eventually if you stick with it, but why not test the waters first?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There's at least one quest that has you talk to Tyra Karn again after you get back to the main hub. I know this because I couldn't remember who the heck she was and had to look it up.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I was going to ask if that was possible, assuming "legacy campaign" means what we're seeing with Ugg. Only going from these two videos but it would seem a shame to never get to see any of it so far.

Yes and no. You get to play the major Red War campaign missions, but it's not delivered in the way Ugg's experiencing it and there are some cuts. Like from what I've heard you actually don't do the bit where you're sneaking out of the city while badly wounded, or locating the Farm? Also you used to get to pick a couple exotics as part of the campaign and apparently that is not the case anymore.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
You can get white drops during the opening of the Riskrunner quest.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
They're entirely separate games at this point, although Bungie have added some of the D1 weapons back into 2 over time and the new opening mission references the opening of 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There is kind of an equivalent to the Grimoire these days, with Lore triumphs. I just wish they'd backported some of the older lore content (e.g. Mars' inventory items) to the Triumph format so they were referenceable more easily.