Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sirotan posted:

Michael Rosenbaum (CW's Smallville) has a podcast and had Mark Sheppard, Misha Collins, Jared Padalecki, and Jensen Ackles on it last week, for an hour each individually. I've only gotten through Mark and Misha's episodes but they are really great, so I wanted to share:

https://insideofyoupodcast.com/episodes/mark-sheppard
https://insideofyoupodcast.com/episodes/misha-collins
https://insideofyoupodcast.com/episodes/jared-padalecki
https://insideofyoupodcast.com/episodes/jensen-ackles

Is there a way to get this without using iTunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SpannerX posted:

What are you using to listen to pod casts? I use Beyondpod, and when I add the title to Add Feed, it just shows up as subscribe.

I use Thunderbird to subscribe to RSS feeds and download the MP3s onto my computer then manually copy them onto whatever device I want to listen to them on.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SpannerX posted:

I typed the title of the podcast in google with rss and got this: https://feeds.simplecast.com/S7f8vIZx
Does that work?

Yes. Thank you. :-)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kind of thought that the supposed tragedy of Rowena's death was played up a bit much, given that she is a serial killer who's never really done anything to redeem herself that wasn't in her own self-interest.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

But it's the final season, nothing would be ruined by the secret getting out now.
I was hoping that was the direction they were going to go with this season. Instead of it being some bigger scarier monster it could have been the consequences of more and more people finding out about monsters and magic, and ended with them either retiring because they're no longer necessary or being the leaders of some actual organisation responsible for dealing with supernatural threats.

Not that they should be put in charge of anything because they're real dumb and responsible for, like, half the major threats to the world in the past decade, but if Rowena can get a happy ending then so can the Winchesters.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The idea that they never knew how to pick locks, just kind of stuck a bit of metal in there and wiggled it around and the lock popped open because they were the protagonists and "that's how the story goes" is hilarious to me. :roflolmao:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Not nearly enough of the other universe Winchesters. You can't tease us with alternate versions of characters and then only have them around for, like, two minutes. :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

And yeah you still haven't gotten to Scoobynatural or Baby!

Or Fan Fiction. :allears:

The season plots after season five are mostly poo poo, but there are still great characters and episodes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

pile of brown posted:

I skipped the thread bc I don't want spoilers but only 1-14 are on Netflix, where is 15 available?

:filez:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I appreciate that you put the lyrics underneath. Are the lyrics for the previous intro songs written out anywhere? I remember looking for them and not finding them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

EC posted:

I literally just did that after posting! They are probably somewhere but I'm in the process of getting all of them onto YT, and will have the lyrics in the descriptions. I'm hoping to get a few knocked out this weekend, so just watch the YT channel. I'll make a playlist to group them all.

Cool. Thanks. :)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

The daughter is mad at her dad because her mom died so she takes it out on the church parishioners?
Pretty sure the mother was some kind of fundamentalist Christian and when she died the father turned their church into this "everyone's welcome" "all faiths are valid" kind of thing and the daughter basically thought that was heresy.

Sirotan posted:

And we're supposed to believe this teenager is some kind of electronics/engineering wiz to pull off all these murders I guess lmao.
Maybe. Or maybe the reason the demon came to pick her up at the end was because she had demonic assistance all along? Either way. :shrug:

Sirotan posted:

Also how did the crossroads demon just walk right by Cas and be Jack and they didn't even recognize him???
They're idiots.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's probably because the internet ruined me, but all I could think about during the speech Cas gave was "Holy gently caress the destiel shippers are gonna go loving bonkers..."

Not having them kiss at that moment was incredibly disappointing. Why even hold back at this point? The show's already over and done; just do it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2IXL3EUqc

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

I am totally aware of Destiel shippers but I guess I didn't really see it as a confession of romantic love. I think the thing he wanted but knew he could never have was family-even at the end there Dean is saying they should have stayed with Sam and Jack. Seems like no matter what is going on, some member of the group is in peril/hosed off somewhere/etc and they're never all actually together. Same thing happened with Sam and Dean through most of the series, they only got both their dad and mom back for a single day thanks to magic. But I'm fine if people want to interpret it the other way too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The fact that it's so easy to interpret that way is one of the major problems with leaving it like that. It's an absolutely perfect example of queerbaiting, which is something the show has been criticised for for years.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4BZz0BIK0

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Well, that was a thing that happened. I guess the resolution was kind of set up with Jack killing all those plants recently, but I don't think that's nearly enough. I'm kind of half expecting this to be a massive fake-out, because that was just way too easy and convenient. I don't think I could come up with a satisfying resolution to a story where the villain is literally omnipotent, but that certainly wasn't it.

And even after Jack becomes the new god, he's just going to gently caress off and leave everything as it is? I can see an argument for not bringing dead people back because where do you stop with that? But why not, I don't know, get rid of all the monsters? Or do literally anything to help anyone or prevent any suffering? The lesson he took from all this wasn't "do whatever you can to make the world a better place" it was "just let people handle their own poo poo, not my problem"?

Jiro posted:

It feels incredibly rushed and not well thought out, as if they were pretty much backed into a corner plot wise. It really wouldn't surprise me if it was rewritten during the time they had when everything was shut down.
If this was the rewritten version, how poo poo must the original ending have been?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I still can't believe Jack didn't get rid of the monsters - or bring Eileen back to life. Did he just leave her off the list? Even if they couldn't get her back for the last episode, they could have used a photo to show she was still alive.

But seriously, the monster thing. Why? You could have just taken all the monsters and the magic away. It would have made so much more sense.

Pick posted:

I don't want to be mean or anything, but Tumblr has informed me that the car gets to go to heaven in the angel guy doesn't?
He's sort of implied to be there (maybe running the place?) but doesn't appear on screen.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

sd6 posted:

When Dean was dying and telling Sam to stay with him, it was so bad and the death was so lame I thought it was a gag at first, like he was gonna go "nah im fine just loving with you." I was laughing during that whole scene.
I thought it was real to begin with, but the longer it dragged on the more I suspected it might be a fake out. It just went on and on. At one point I started to wonder, if Sam had called an ambulance right away, could they have arrived by now? How far away is the nearest hospital?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QhgQ-g4C0

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Less Fat Luke posted:

Side note, I think Jack would leave monsters alive because a bunch of episodes showed that they're not all evil and that evil ones have the potential to become good.

He could have turned them human though? He wasn't forced to choose between doing nothing and doing this one specific thing (killing them). He's literally omnipotent.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

latinotwink1997 posted:

Brushing BEFORE you eat breakfast?!

Might as well take a shower before working out and mow the grass after it snows while you’re at it.

You shouldn't brush your teeth right after eating, so you might not have time to do it the other way around.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Nah he's filming what sounds like a big role for the Boys. (Likes working with Kripke, it'd seem!)

Well, if you were going to pick between Walker and The Boys... If someone asked you which one you'd rather be in, you'd probably assume they were joking, right? Even as a hypothetical, the answer is obvious.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Darkened Streams by Grim Beard is a YouTube series recapping and reviewing Supernatural, episode by episode (much like Monster of the Week but much shorter and more visual). Currently up to S01E06.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Astroman posted:

Oh, so we're doing another "Sam and Dean are fighting because they don't communicate enough" arc this season.
:roflolmao:

Astroman posted:

I suppose she can moonlight as a Hunter without John knowing?
That's how I'd do it if it were me. It could work. I'm not optimistic, but I'll give it a chance.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

pentyne posted:

The prequel idea is dumb for a lot of reasons, mostly because the power creep from 15 years of SPN means everything on the new show is going to have the impact of a wet fart, unless they do some crazy retcon stuff to make it epic world ending disasters staved off by mama and papa Winchester.
If anything, I think undoing that power creep might be the best part of it. World-ending threats are way, way overdone, and smaller, more personal stakes generally work better anyway. Even having characters who we, the audience, know can't die isn't really an issue since they're not the only people in the world. Imagine if, as well as hunting things, they were also trying to save people? I know, weird concept for Supernatural, but it could work. And there's your stakes. We know Mary's going to get out of there alive, but will anyone else?

Xealot posted:

Though, I also thought Wayward Sisters could've been cool in a Buffy way.
I would've watched it anyway, but it was a huge mistake to centre it on the kids instead of Jody and Donna.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Astroman posted:

I really can't get excited for this. A 2022 set spin-off done well like one with Donna and Jodie would have been great. Or something else in that world. A prequel just sounds like a show that is not for me.

A Donna and Jodie spinoff makes so much sense and could be so good. It's a real shame they ruined any chance of that by trying to do it with the kids as the main characters.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

pile of brown posted:

They even backdoored it in one of the later seasons and it was good
That's what I was referring to when I said "they ruined any chance of that by trying to do it with the kids as the main characters". The issue with that episode was that they were trying to make the kids the stars of the show when it would have been way better to focus on the adults.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The fact that they're starting by retconning/ignoring a bunch of stuff from the original show is not a good sign. Like, if they wanted to be free of that baggage they could have just chosen to not make it be about John and Mary. I'm confident that setting it in the recent past is going to prove to be a massive mistake as well.

And we know that Sam's son becomes a hunter. So why not just make him the protagonist and set it in the near future? You don't even have to worry about getting predictions about the future wrong, because you can just say that after Jack became god their world diverged from ours in unpredictable ways (since Chuck was no longer directing it for his own entertainment). It would give them complete freedom to design their show's world.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

It's obvious there is some kind of timeline fuckery going on or it'll turn out that John's memory is wiped eventually or something because they pretty much immediately show him meeting Mary and killing a demon and revealing to him that his dad was in the Men of Letters.

The first 20 minutes or so when it's just young John and Mary hunting was extremely solid, not sure about the Latika and Carlos characters just yet. They certainly seem to know a lot about hunting and killing demons, making demon traps, etc. which I'm fairly sure Sam and Dean spent like three seasons figuring out how to do.
The framing device (which seems extremely unnecessary so far) appears to be Dean putting the pieces together, so it certainly looks like like it's the case that all this information was lost somehow rather than it being a retcon. It still feels extremely clumsy though, and I would much prefer they just hadn't made it a prequel so that none of this would have been an issue.

Sirotan posted:

("saving people, hunting things")
He didn't finish the line though. :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Episode three was good, aside from the stuff with the radios. They were basically treating them as phones.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The appearance by Loki/Gabriel in the latest episode didn't do much for me, I have to say. Makes the team's victory seem fairly pointless, since we know that he's not Loki, he isn't really trapped in a mirror, and he was just loving with them the whole time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

Did anybody else make it through the entire season of The Winchesters?
I just finished it. Pretty much agree with your assessment. I'll watch the second season if there is one, but to judge by the rushed and half-arsed way they closed everything out in that last episode, it doesn't look like they're expecting one.

Sirotan posted:

Honestly I think the episode before that with the creepy clowns was better written and handled the fan service better.
The clown episode was the best of the season. No contest.

Sirotan posted:

I think the little taste we got of Dean and Bobby at the start was great
That little bit at the start seemed like it was some remainder of a script where they were planning for a second season, but then by the end of the episode they were fully into "shut it down" mode and had to pay it off way too early and without any real buildup. We've been seeing the photo of Dean all season, and having him actually show up (but not be seen by any of the characters) in the final episode would have been a perfect lead-in to a second-season focused more on the mystery of "who is this guy" but they obviously decided instead to just wrap everything up in case (or because) there's no second season coming.

Sirotan posted:

Then the whole Acreda storyline ended like a wet fart
Also seemed like a late rewrite, where maybe they'd have escalated the threat rather than ending it if they'd thought they'd have another season.

Sirotan posted:

As was the final confrontation that they've been building up to for half the season: like 6 people in an alley fighting with swords, lol. Did anybody even land any blows, like even a single one that entire fight? Not a single mook taken out?? Give me some fake blood and bodily peril or something, drat. Nah instead let's drive down an alley at like 18mph.
It was very late-Arrowverse.

Sirotan posted:

All I could think while watching it was they must not have had a budget for anything fun. Maybe they spent it all on having Dean, Bobby, Jack, and Baby back. :iiam:
My guess is, they spent it over the course of the previous episodes because they were banking on drawing this plot out for a second season, so they could have had a very dramatic (but not action-intensive) finale that left everyone in a worse position for the next season. See also: Ada sacrificing her soul and then Latika just magicking it back with no fuss. Definitely meant to be a season two problem, hastily resolved so to not leave any loose threads.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Astroman posted:

Still would rather have had a Wayward Sisters show.

Definitely; but focused on Donna and Jodie instead of the kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I doubt anyone's surprised.