Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

I have to imagine NFL players in the 50s were playing a lot more injured because of the whole "rub some dirt on it" mentality.

They also were on a gently caress ton of morphine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
And coke

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
And roids.

The glory years, where players had more drugs in their bloodstream than actual blood.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

as opposed to nowadays where multimillionaires with access to a vast global network of medical professionals definitely aren't. Just avoiding that nightshade amirite

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OxySnake posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1183870400280825856?s=19

Imagine getting clowned on by Kirk Cousins so hard you lose your job.

This is stupid. Who else do we have at LB?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

adaz posted:

as opposed to nowadays where multimillionaires with access to a vast global network of medical professionals definitely aren't. Just avoiding that nightshade amirite

Still a far cry from the days when teams would have candy jars full of amphetamines in the locker room.

ELO Musk posted:

This is stupid. Who else do we have at LB?

Kamu Grugier-Hill, Nate Gerry, and Nigel Bradham are good enough considering the Eagles usually use the Nickel as the base defense. The linebackers have been pretty okay and Brown has done absolutely nothing of note for us, so I'm okay with cutting him.

Just for gods sake, sign or draft some real cornerbacks and another deep threat in the offseason. I'm begging you Howie.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 15, 2019

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
The video also looks slower than it probably was in real life because the frame rate when broadcast is different from the frame rate when recording. I saw someone do a frame restoration of a video of Elgin Baylor playing basketball and it looked way more normal than most old basketball videos look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEp_GW2vG5k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Would he be for waivers