Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs are basically turning every running back they face into prime Jim Brown.

The worrying thing is they're supposed to win when they go up big early. They did that yesterday, and Bill O'Brien, noted idiot, was able to figure out no matter what happens you don't need to panic against this defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hizawk posted:

It's so jarring how unathletic everyone was back then. It was a different sport.
It looks like they're lumbering around in space suits lol

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Chichevache posted:

Bellmaker might just be a nazi.

I read the tweet wrong sorry

E: good on Sage for calling him out, most QBs are chud shitbags

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 14, 2019

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

adaz posted:

will get murdered by a team with a pass rush.

I think one could make an argument that the seahawks, 49ers, and patriots are all very very very good teams

I would not put any faith in the Seahawks at all that defense is busted

Its weird to think that when your QB is having an MVP caliber season but you still tug nervously at your collar when you watch the team

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

And soon they'll have to pay Mahomes like 300 million dollars and can't fix the defense even if they want to

And blew draft picks and even more cap space on frank clark which looks real bad in hindsight.

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs are basically turning every running back they face into prime Jim Brown.

The worrying thing is they're supposed to win when they go up big early. They did that yesterday, and Bill O'Brien, noted idiot, was able to figure out no matter what happens you don't need to panic against this defense.

team YPC against the chiefs. That's uh, not good especially since in the last 2 games they knew they were going to just run down the gut over and over and over. The "blueprint" is out to beat the chiefs now. Step on his ankle and run the ball over and over. I do trust Andy to fix the offense to an extent but not sure how they get better on defense.

adaz fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 14, 2019

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Its Rinaldo posted:

I would not put any faith in the Seahawks at all that defense is busted

Its weird to think that when your QB is having an MVP caliber season but you still tug nervously at your collar when you watch the team

Yeah seahawks defense is straight up not good.bottom half of the league. Some flukey ints have bailed them out two weeks in a row now. Luckily it looks like the offense can put up points with Wilson going hog wild (which is nuts bc schotty etc)

I'm sure getting Reed back with fix all the pass rush and pressure issues :shepface:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also interesting to note that the Chargers suddenly cant run the ball the last two weeks.

Oh, Gordon has been the primary back the last two weeks.

Huh.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

a neat cape posted:

Also interesting to note that the Chargers suddenly cant run the ball the last two weeks.

Huh.

Ekeler hasn’t been doing poo poo either. Maybe your center was important for running the ball? :thunk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bellmaker posted:

Ekeler hasn’t been doing poo poo either. Maybe your center was important for running the ball? :thunk:

That's the real answer yeah

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

sweet thursday posted:

IIRC this is mostly an artifact of FPS differences between old cameras and modern video systems where things rarely get converted in a way that compensates correctly.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I read on Reddit that the way pain management works in the NFL re:Mahomes ankle is you essentially need to pick which half you want to be pain free and the other half is just gonna suck. A theory being that Mahomes has to go up big in the first half before it wears off. Need confirmation from a Fiz or Swickles though

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sweet thursday posted:

Imagine sending CMC in a time machine to play in the NFL in the 50's. Could anyone even tackle him?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bellmaker posted:

I read the tweet wrong sorry

E: good on Sage for calling him out, most QBs are chud shitbags

It's ok. I just got probated for saying that Bernie Sanders is a nazi too. Its 2019: everyone is a nazi.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have to imagine NFL players in the 50s were playing a lot more injured because of the whole "rub some dirt on it" mentality.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

Huh.

The Steelers front 7 is really, really good. Not 49ers 4 Top10 draft picks good, but pretty close.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Imagine sending CMC in a time machine to play in the NFL in the 50's. Could anyone even tackle him?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Willis

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers front 7 is really, really good. Not 49ers 4 Top10 draft picks good, but pretty close.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Artie Burns has to stay on the field for an extended period

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1183826773634629632

lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

No worries, DBs aren't important

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Yeah seahawks defense is straight up not good.bottom half of the league. Some flukey ints have bailed them out two weeks in a row now. Luckily it looks like the offense can put up points with Wilson going hog wild (which is nuts bc schotty etc)

I'm sure getting Reed back with fix all the pass rush and pressure issues :shepface:

Assuming his production from last year is consistent, Reed is one of the best DTs in the NFL. He’s a tremendous pass rusher and the weakest pass rushing part of Seattle’s DL is the interior, by far.

Further, the value of individual pass rushers to the entire defensive pass rushing utility is not linear. There are clearly big jumps when the whole is more than the sum of the parts.

It’s entirely reasonable to think replacing a current JAG DT with our rising DT star will make the Hawks defense a lot better.

Also; trade for Ramsey, :hawksin:, 18-1 babey, etc.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

really queer Christmas posted:

No worries, DBs aren't important

Especially not when you have a stellar pass rush.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Not a Cowboys fan here, just wanted to say they are still in it. Tied with the Eagles with no division losses. Yeah they should have beat the jets, however if they take care of division opponents and stay healthy, they should be fine.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

seiferguy posted:

I have to imagine NFL players in the 50s were playing a lot more injured because of the whole "rub some dirt on it" mentality.

They also were probably on all sorts of pain killers and other drugs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

chilihead posted:

Not a Cowboys fan here, just wanted to say they are still in it. Tied with the Eagles with no division losses. Yeah they should have beat the jets, however if they take care of division opponents and stay healthy, they should be fine.

Washington's still in contention for the NFC East.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr. Nice! posted:

So just like today.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

It's certainly something. I'd quickly blame Spagnuolo but like ah, I think this team is slumping as a whole.

Not even Dave Toub can really get his squad going this year. That's pretty alarming.

Basically hopefully they can regroup and figure thibgs out after the TNF game.

If you've seen any KC media over the last 24 hours, would have thought the Chiefs are the Miami Dolphins :shobon:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So just like today.

Eh, it's a little different. Today you have to get a prescription for adderall. Back then speed was OTC.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Brynden Trawick has to be a randomly generated Skyrim NPC and not a real person right?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Every year a division always makes me wonder why winning a division gets you an automatic home game playoff instead of it being decided by conference

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Major Ryan posted:

E: I love that it's a 2-0 win. I guess the smallest winning margin, but if it doesn't count for anything, why bother attaching a score!?

The funny thing too is that by NCAA rules, it would end 1-0. Add another one to the "esoteric differences in rules" list

Also, yay! Ben Watson is (supposedly) back!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Major Ryan posted:

But that's just if one team forfeits, not both. According to wikipedia actual in-season games haven't been cancelled since the 1930s, with games that physically couldn't be played moved or rescheduled. So there's not really any precedent. Shame, because if the rule was both teams 'lost', we're back at 0-16 all around and all is good with the world.

E: I love that it's a 2-0 win. I guess the smallest winning margin, but if it doesn't count for anything, why bother attaching a score!?

I would die happy if a team forfeited a Week 17 game against a divisional rival, because the lack of points to add to their season total would mean they would miss the playoffs due to the offensive tiebreaker.

A very Belichickian maneuver.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

seiferguy posted:

Seahawks are 5-1 and only have a +19 point differential lol (the niners are +83 for comparison)

Saints are +6 though, holy poo poo

That's an artifact of them getting completely blown out in their sole loss to the Rams (where Brees got hurt) and most of their other games being close affairs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Nice! posted:

I met a former NFL player who played in the 70s who said all locker rooms back then basically had a jar / plate in the middle filled with all sorts of super strong painkillers that you could just grab handfuls of. Like Halloween candy for NFL players.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

If you've seen any KC media over the last 24 hours, would have thought the Chiefs are the Miami Dolphins :shobon:

This is clearly not the case, the Dolphins are doing what they set out to do!

Yeah it's been ridiculous lost season poo poo all over, things will be fineish if everyone comes back from injuries ok and they'll win the division and be in play for a bye. Having said that they're still much worse than expected (or at least expected locally).

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

A.o.D. posted:

That's an artifact of them getting completely blown out in their sole loss to the Rams (where Brees got hurt) and most of their other games being close affairs.

Yeah, it was actually negative until this game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

This is clearly not the case, the Dolphins are doing what they set out to do!

Yeah it's been ridiculous lost season poo poo all over, things will be fineish if everyone comes back from injuries ok and they'll win the division and be in play for a bye. Having said that they're still much worse than expected (or at least expected locally).

It isn't helped by the Patriots looking like loving Thanos with the infinity gauntlet and everyone else is Hawkeye

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1183870400280825856?s=19

Imagine getting clowned on by Kirk Cousins so hard you lose your job.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Come to the Raiders Zach we already played Kirk

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spoeank posted:

Jimmy G has some absolutely mind-numbing interceptions this season. Theyre not even errant passes, they're just bad decisions. My friend and I both went "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" on the end zone pick yesterday. It's making me nervous that the 49ers might not go 19-0 this year.

He had so much time on that throw, too. Literally everyone watching it could see what he was considering and was thinking what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Seahawks are 5-1 and only have a +19 point differential lol (the niners are +83 for comparison)

Saints are +6 though, holy poo poo

Look when you score 13 points a game theres really only so much you can win by