Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

nah posted:

Since 2003 in the regular season the Patriots are .720 against the NFL overall, .737 against the division, and .710 against the NFL minus the division. They've never gone worse than 4-2 against the division and have done 5-1 or better 10 times.

I loathe this contextless argument posing as some kind of affirmation that the AFCE isn't a cakewalk for the Patriots in perpetuity. In the last 20 years, the Dolphins and Jets have 2 playoff appearances, the Bills 1.

Look at any other division for the real story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nodoze posted:

The Patriots have been beating the poo poo out of the Steelers for the last 20 years they would keep doing that just another time a year. Baltimore would take some games off of them so they go 5-1 in the division still because the Bengals are basically the Bills

Maybe so, but they certainly also would have had to share in the constantly injured going into the playoffs dogfight the rest of the AFCN had to deal with, vastly decreasing their playoff success

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The motherfucking Bengals alone have 2 more playoff appearances during the Patriots dynasty than the 3 non-Patriots teams of the AFCE... combined. The Bengals

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

isnt this an argument for the AFCN being poo poo

I guess if you ignore the 4 Lombardi trophies the division claimed in the same timeframe

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nodoze posted:

By that logic the afc east isnt bad then lol

Every division is bad theres like three or four teams that matter and the rest are just cannon fodder. that's how it's been for the last 20 years and that's why the afc keeps sending brady manning ben or one year of Flacco to the superbowl

Edit: since 01 only one QB made the superbowl from the afc that isnt one of those four guys, rich gannon the year the raiders lost to tampa

That's only tangentially related the weakness of the AFCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Also interesting to note that the Chargers suddenly cant run the ball the last two weeks.

Oh, Gordon has been the primary back the last two weeks.

Huh.

The Steelers front 7 is really, really good. Not 49ers 4 Top10 draft picks good, but pretty close.