Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
12-4 here we come

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1181598115926872066?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

adaz posted:

A guy with a weak spleen sitting behind an offensive line that gave up 10 sacks this weekend what could possibly go wrong.

The jets killing their franchise qb is a very jetsy thing to do

His spleen is fine that was the entire point of this saga

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't the exhaustion effects of mono tend to linger? There doesn't seem to be any sense behind letting him back out there if he's still being remotely effected. This isn't a win now situation and there's still games left for him to develop.

They can, but he has seemingly been fine symptoms wise for weeks. I think he was properly sick, i.e. with fatigue, sore throat, etc., during the Bills game and the week or so after. He allegedly looked and moved completely normally at practice last week, though I obviously have no clue what his conditioning is like (for better or for worse).

Basically, every case of mono is very different, and his seems to have been pretty tame symptoms wise (i.e., he wasn’t unable to get out of bed for a month like some people are). It was just the residual shrinking of the spleen that kept him off the field.

If his symptoms are fine and his spleen is fine, he should play. Full stop.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 8, 2019