Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I use an ip manager and generate a unique IP for every website I use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ip freely

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
google dns op due to my complete and total allegiance to this tech company and their chome browser / android OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

google dns op due to my complete and total allegiance to this tech company and their chome browser / android OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yikes

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

TheFluff posted:

this, but i put a pi-hole in between because i can stand a little bit of janitoring to get better ad blocking

same. I run pi-hole in a docker container on my synology and never have had to touch it at all.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

transgenerational gold

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

:shittypop:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

which makes no sense because it’s level 3, so it should be 3.3.3.3

they really dropped the ball on that one imho.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

cloudflare via tls for myself. quad9 with no secondary for everyone else

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i dont use a dns, instead i regularly download a host file from a public ftp that's maintained by a eccentric recluse

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

AtomD posted:

a eccentric recluse

you can say my name it's ok

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dnurtis

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I don't know op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Bloody posted:

I don't know op

im sorry what was the question again? i kinda spaced out there for a minute

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Charun posted:

cloudflare via tls for myself. quad9 with no secondary for everyone else

quad9 in the streets, Cloudflare in the sheets

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Cocoa Crispies posted:

quad9 in the streets, Cloudflare in the sheets

do you have dnssec in your house?

i am protected.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Vomik posted:

do you have dnssec in your house?

i am protected.

no, cause i don't know how to make it work with pihole

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I just started using a domain that ends in .computer for email and it breaks so many goddamn websites because their lovely regex thinks I hosed up '.com' but I don't want to stop because my domain is cool.

Biggest one so far is getting an error message thrown whenever I try to pay my rent online.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Jimmy Carter posted:

Biggest one so far is getting an error message thrown whenever I try to pay my rent online.
if you haven’t made the dad joke “that means it’s free, right? :downs:” to your landlord yet, then i don’t even know what the gently caress you’re even doing over there...

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
e: nice doublepost, dipshit

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Jimmy Carter posted:

I just started using a domain that ends in .computer for email

is it funny.computer ?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

there's nothing funny about a computer, son.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

actually,

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

rotor posted:

You're not my real dad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gentle Autist posted:

pihole plus cloud flare over https, op

same with a vpn profile to tunnel requests from my mobile devices through it when out of my home network

jammyozzy posted:

I have mine cable-tied to the underside of my desk. It has required exactly one piece of whitelist janitoring to make a streaming service work, otherwise it is extremely good.

mine is command stripped to the side of a massive tower like a lamprey. i was going to run it on my router but its nice having a gb of ram to shove rules and routing into

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i tried other dns providers but trust my provider, spectrum, so little that i use dns over https because theyd probably redirect for a dollar any day

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Jimmy Carter posted:

I just started using a domain that ends in .computer for email and it breaks so many goddamn websites because their lovely regex thinks I hosed up '.com' but I don't want to stop because my domain is cool.

or just other random TLDs like .sucks which many sites flatly refuse to accept could be a valid email

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I tried dual PisHole and recursive/fallback resolution via Unbound but I couldn't get my lovely Archer to use local IP addresses for it's own DNS (separate from using internals as DHCP-assigned DNS, which was easy). Then I just said "gently caress it" and went back to using two Pis with Quad9 as their fallback (which, being external, the Archer was happy to use).

:shrug:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 8, 2019

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
lmbo at an archer router , whadda scrub

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

docker my pihole

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

aeflux posted:

docker my pihole

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

cloudflare's DNS team is amazingly good at what they do.

the WAF team.... eh maybe not so much. they're decent at developing rules for novel exploits, but haven't bothered to clean out a bunch of old cruft that's garbage. the rule that got pissy about too many punctuation characters in sequence was a particular favorite.
DCC SEND startkeylogger 0 0 0