Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's been too long since I've heard about MY BABIES

It has not been too long since I remember praying they would remove "I'd like to see you in 10 years" from the anime but god damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

pointlessone posted:

It wouldn't be highschool without at least one hormone driven jackass? At least he's played completely as a horrible pervert that gets shut down at every turn instead of just being the perv who gropes girls at every scene he's in.

Telling a 6 year old girl she's gonna be hot in 10 years is I think way over the line for "funny perverted high school jokes"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Deku is the ninth exponential factor of an energy stockpiling quirk so maybe Nighteye's future vision was unable to properly observe the overwhelming energy when he went 100% for a sustained period of time

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The_Doctor posted:

Finally watched this week’s ep, and holy poo poo, Mineta’s line. :stare: You can definitely do a read that he already finds her attractive to some degree.

I’m really curious about the item that All Might used. It looked like some of that snap on armour that Batman action figures get.

I'm sure it's just a reference to the many one-off armour suits that Superman gets and how he eventually just goes back to the old red, blue and fists

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Here lies nighteye, he never scored

What do you think that tickle machine was about buddy

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Adder Moray posted:

Eh

Gentle hosed up his own life even before he got that guy hurt. He was an under achieving poor student (even though we see that when he actually puts his mind to it he can be very capable) who couldn't be satisfied just learning to do a regular job instead of continuing to fail in his hero course in school. And now he's willing to ruin the efforts of other school children, who have actually put in the work that he wouldn't when he was their age for the sake of a dream he'd forgotten until a classmate didn't remember his face.

Gentle's and La Brava make for a great story arc and great characters, but as a person? Gentle's a poo poo.

Never thought "actually Gentle should've accepted the fact that he's a loser, give up on his dreams and be a normal pleb instead of maybe Hero Society is wrong if it can't figure out a way to recognize some people suck at structured learning like school and tests but are clearly extremely capable at Heroics" would be a take in this thread but here we are

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
To be fair catching people doesn't seem particularly hard for him he just happened to throw it in front of a random bird dude who flew in from nowhere

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Blood 'n guts is different because parental abuse or suicide from social isolation are far, far more relatable to the average reader.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Glad they made my boy Hawks as flashy as ever. He's the best hero because he has the most idealistic goal: to make a society where heroes can complain about being bored because everything is peaceful.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tokelau All Star posted:

Great fight. Great season!

Great post-credits sequence too. I love One For All as a concept, such a brilliant idea for a superpower. Is there anything analogous in Marvel/DC etc?

It's just Avatar. Heck we even have Zuko.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hunt11 posted:

I don't know what you are talking about. The explanation for that image will come when they do the wrap up stuff for what just happened in the next season.

What they're saying is that both manga and anime people can only speculate what that Hawks image in the ED means

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nephthys posted:

'gadget hero' isn't really Horikoshi's strong suit. :rolleyes:

How dare you besmirch Hatsume Mei like this

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

there wolf posted:

Fairytale also has a shitton of fanservice for the male characters to balance it out a little more, too.

One guy getting naked all the time for a joke doesn't balance out one girl getting naked against her will for horny tho

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hell yeah if you're gonna stick Erza naked in chains in a dungeon then I better see some got dang barely censored chained down adonis belts

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Any point it was trying to make about fanservice and nudity as nonsexual is extremely undercut by the show also having a mother bad touching her daughter on screen solely to emphasize to the viewer that she's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Onmi posted:

Who cares why Kojima justifies his characters being naked, "I like big naked titties" is enough of a justification to draw big naked titties. Everything else is set dressing.

Broke: Kojima's endless in universe excuses for horny
Woke: Yoko Taro just saying he does it cause he thinks it's hot