Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I like how Eri's hair almost looks like an angel's wing in some instances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdfFVdFWl1U

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

As an electrical engineer everything Senku does with vacuum tubes warms my frigid little heart

Also, the soda recipe they use is apparently legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdMdu7CTxhc

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dub trailer for Heroes Rising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-6qcgExA4

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pakled posted:

Keep in mind this movie's set a several story arcs ahead of where the anime is right now and apparently contains spoilers for non-manga-readers.

Is it ahead of the English manga or just the anime?

SolarFire2 posted:

I'm a non manga reader and there was nothing in there that looked spoiler-y to me.

Edit: at least as far as the trailer goes.

It's just a few seconds but there is something spoilery.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Who did Jiro's singing? And was that a translation of the opening theme she was singing?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

This arc is basically the end of his screen time altogether from what I recall

He gets some in the arc after the next one, but I think that's it as far as has been released in English.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I really like how this arc shows off how smart Deku can be.

He susses out who Gentle is in, what, 20 seconds from just hearing his voice once or twice.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

worse, it would make eri sad

This

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zzulu posted:

quirks are completely magic, these heroes might as well be wizards with how insane quirks are. Don't think about it too hard

I mean, Eri is basically a My Little Pony character who got lost

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I'm just wondering if we'll ever get the second movie through streaming.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Explosion Momo........

Momo with a sensible outfit.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I've always wondered if the U.S.'s premier hero academy was just MHA-world's version of Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youth.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New MHA movie teased.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The next movie scheduled for summer 2021 in Japan.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Finally got time to watch Heroes Rising.

I liked it until the last third or so. Thought the CG storm and fire looked terrible and out of place. They really didn't need to give the villains their own super modes, especially when they didn't do a great job of explaining their motivations (or giving them names). And the last fight was way too confusing and felt more like a DBZ fight than MHA.

Overall, I think I liked Two Heroes better.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Chimera should have gotten his own movie cause he is cool as hell.

I really think they made him first because he's the only one who got any characterization beyond "is a bad guy".

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Cryogenically frozen - he'll be one of the main characters after the 3000-year timeskip

The Dr. Stone x MHA crossover

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

there wolf posted:

So I've been catching up on like a decades worth of anime this month, and so far this has been my favorite? I'm genuinely surprised how much it's hooked me, particularly because the main antagonists kind of suck? There's too much bad guys are just bad because reasons which isn't all that compelling, particularly in Shigaraki's case where he's been setup to take over a legacy but neither he nor the story seems to really know what that is. Anyway, I guess I'll go see if I can find the movies somewhere, now.

The anime also hasn't covered Shiggy's entire backstory yet and the reasons he's so messed up.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

surf rock posted:

A bunch of people kindly weighed in on my question last Sunday with their thoughts about why they enjoyed the show, so I decided to stick with it and to finish the first season at least. There are still some things that bother me about the show (mainly the action scenes being kind of bland and the amount of overlap between this and other similar shows I've seen; the first Aizawa episode felt like a bizarrely on-the-nose knockoff of Kakashi's introduction in Naruto, and that feeling never really went away), but there's more to like than dislike.

The folks who said to wait until the rest of the classmates were introduced were spot-on; they do make the show more enjoyable. In fact, here's my list of favorite students after season one, from best to worst:

1.) Tsuyu Asui - Sue's the breakout star.
2.) Tenya Ida - Good dude.
3.) Momo Yaoyorozu - Ida but with less screen time; still good.
4.) Ochaco Uraraka - Wasn't sold on her until she pressed her forehead into the glass hyping up the conversation she (accurately) imagined was happening between Deku and Kacchan.
5.) Fumikage Tokoyami - This guy's a crow; I like it.
6.) Toru Hagakure - I like catching scenes where there's just a floating pair of gloves in the background.
7.) Shoto Todoroki - Kacchan but better in terms of power and personality.
8.) Mina Ashido - I choose to believe that Majin Buu absorbed a female moth and this is what happened.
9.) Mashirao Ojiro - I like that he's just a karate guy with a tail.
10.) Kyoka Jiro - Fun that she's constantly playing with her long earlobes; that's what I would do if I had them.
11.) Kacchan - Little Vegeta! Mostly redeemed by his perfect-for-an-anime-rival voice.
12.) Denki Kaminari - His quirk turning him into an idiot after use is kind of a funny idea.
13.) Deku - He's fine. I hope he spends less time crying in season two; it gets pretty repetitive when you're watching episodes back-to-back.
14.) Eijiro Kirishima - Generic but seems like a nicer version of Kacchan.
15.) Koji Koda - I actually don't remember him; consider this guy the baseline where I like everyone above him and dislike everyone below him.
16.) Rikido Sato - I don't remember him either.
17.) Hanta Sero - Kid's face is creepy; I don't like looking at it.
18.) Yuga Aoyama - Kid's face is creepy; I don't like looking at it. I also don't think the gag is very funny.
19.) Mezo Shoji - Kid's everything is creepy; I don't like looking at it.
20.) Minoru Mineta - Deku but also a horny baby... hooray.

Wait until you meet the Big Three and the class B folks.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

surf rock posted:

Oh, I'm not saying his crying's not justified. I'm saying that it can become exhausting as a viewer (at least for me) if the protagonist is constantly in an extreme emotional state. Some episodes were better for Deku on that front than others in the first season.

That said...

I'm definitely onboard with this. A lot of the classmates felt pretty one-note so far, so I'm looking forward to learning more about them.

Poor Sato

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Stain is a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New trailer for S5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AkQ0GxQTQM

Some spoilers, obviously.