Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Seems like Gynecology would've been a good second choice for a career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

When do we get our "Into The Deku-verse" movie!?

60 years and approximately 6 movies from now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Starsnostars posted:

If I was Shigaraki I would have sent the magician guy out recruiting, he seems like the best salesman out of all the league members.

Saves on transportation costs, too!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pakled posted:

I was also thinking it's weird that pro heroes aren't mandatory reporters in this world but I looked it up and apparently Japan doesn't have a mandatory reporting law irl.

If there’s a superpowered individual involved wouldn’t that just wind up right back in the hero’s jurisdiction?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

The whole idea was not tipping off the abuser that the police were after him. In theory, it was delaying help for a scared little girl for the greater good.

Deku's reflexive willingness to throw out months of effort to help the little girl in front of him is why he's All Might's chosen heir, but it's also a very short term view, even if you could argue that it's the most moral one.

Also there's a very reasonable chance it could end up with one or both of them as a literal smear on the wall as it happened to somebody in this episode

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

Overhaul still has a streak of that, however-see that one mook who tries to apologize, and Overhaul doesn't listen out to him, completely splatters him, and then asks "Can someone get the janitor in here?".

A good villain doesn’t let loose loving ends hang about and nothing about Overhaul so far suggests he likes leaving loose ends (he’s too much of a neat freak)

Nephthys posted:

Letting them get away with her isn't really an option for him though. She knows too much about him and his operation to risk her talking to heroes. It would probably be over for him if that happened anyway. Plus it's not like they knew what kind of person he was.

He wasn’t letting them get away and almost assuredly was about to splatter them if Eri didn’t acquiesce.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

If they commit to the fight the Mirio wrecks them. His whole gimmick was being unstoppable in a fight. All Deku would have to do is run, which he's very good at.

His gimmick was beating up children while flashing them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zeron posted:

Heroes in this setting seem to be just as restrained and law abiding as the police

Probably not the thread for this particular discussion but lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Do you want to explain this in the manga thread?

Oxxidation posted:

i think it's more that "just as restrained and law-abiding as the police" is probably not as positive an analogy as the OP seems to think

Yes it's this and not

Whatever the gently caress this idiot is doing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

oh jay posted:

That's basically Bakugo's mom. Having slightly better complexion.

Deku's mom's power is pretty mundane too; the lightest amount of telekinesis.

TBF Bakugo's mom is hella working her quirk

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Bakugo is also about as smart as Deku when things come down to it, just a lot more impulsive.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
No fear, no regrets, just good promotional images

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Deku's tie is properly tied, not canon!

Uraraka looks great though.

Uraraka probably tied his for him

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Because people were talking about how the anime was doing:

https://twitter.com/RainSpectre/status/1202044061810475008

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
She also has to know the structure and composition of something to make it AFAIK

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kung Food posted:

I wasn't thinking of her as a perpetual stuff generator, but more as a way to advance material sciences. She can produce things at a molecular level so she should be able to make really small things such as carbon nano tubes. She can also make complex things while having a genius level intelligence so I dont see why with enough research and trial she couldn't make something like a cup of nano machines.

She should be in a research lab with a well funded staff, not a fight mans

But she doesn't want to advance molecular science! She wants to beat up bad guys!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

the arguments against yaoyarozu being a hero probably wouldn't be as strong if her accomplishments in the anime to date weren't so lacking

she's one of two recommended students in 1A. in the sports tournament, todoroki nuked the entire stadium twice over. yaoyorozu came down with performance anxiety and then got pecked off the stage

Deku's visible accomplishments during that same tournament mostly looked like him maiming himself to outside observers.

The entirety of his development up to this point has just been trying to figure out how to use his quirk without maiming himself or people around him!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
On the other hand Mirio might have a future ahead as an effective (if extremely abrupt) GP or gynecologist

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bacon flaps posted:

he's a real kyon type of guy huh

Ochako kinda looks like Haruhi if you reeeeally squint

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Skypie posted:

The manga arc was plagued by Horikoshi being sick and needing breaks so it dragged on for a really long time

Didn’t help that the average chapter size was 3/4 what it would normally be so it took a third longer than it normally should have

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It’s not a fantastic arc tbh

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Even before this, hasn’t Ochako been the only one to get serious fights with a lot of screentime against Bakugo (a legitimate brawl and one of the better fights in the series) and against Toga?

IDK if it’s because Horikoshi isn’t comfortable drawing fights like that or if it’s because the series emphasizes boys getting the fights (being, y’know, a shonen) but it’s a pretty glaring flaw of the series.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Just watched Episode 77

So a key point of this arc was to Worf Overhaul and his Yakuza. They were introduced as big threats for the League to get the better of and thus establish their evil cred.

I get this is supposed to be the League finally maybe becoming serious threats but they only accomplished anything after the Heroes did all the work. Robbing and mutilating a wounded, incapacitated Overhaul doesn't prove anything. They're still the losers who got owned by Gran Torino and of course Overhaul.

They have yet to win any real fights or establish themselves as actual threats

Bruh, they got exactly what they wanted out of it and they didn’t have to fight or lose anyone to do it.

A hero is dead, the Yakuza are demolished and the VA got a bunch of experimental bullets the underworld would kill for. Who won here?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It's good Grape Boy got his weird rear end grape hair power instead of invisibility, given his proclivities.

Considering his weird rear end grape hair power totally immobilizes people it's good he's not a villain

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mineta is the worst

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Skypie posted:

Horikoshi has also said that Mineta is basically his author insert hasn't he?

I guess in the sense that Horikoshi pretty uses him as a horny catalyst maybe

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mineta’s at his most tolerable in the movie where he does something legitimately useful, (and heroic?), gets complimented on it by the female lead of the movie and instead of going into his usual horn dog spiel he gushes because he was just so happy to get positive approval

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

All For One is Deku's dad and he is defeated when Inko files for divorce and takes half his stuff as well as custody of the kids(the League of Villains are the kids).

Inko takes half his powers, gets actual AfO in the mix, becomes the next major villain

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

morcant posted:

He's like MacGyver if MacGyver was MacGyver in the stone age

As an electrical engineer everything Senku does with vacuum tubes warms my frigid little heart

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why Horikoshi put Grape Quagmire in his manga, but I don't like it.

The dark truth is that Horikoshi is horny and Grape-kun is a vector for it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Question for anime only watchers, how do you all feel about the Overhaul arc now that it’s done? Back when it was coming out in the manga I remembered it being a slog and found the anime to be a fair bit better paced about it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Does Nighteye remind people in this thread of their step-dad or something

Jesus

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

Goons go "lol you're a loser projecting" any time they see someone criticise something and it's really tiresome.

Eat my rear end there were 3 loving pages before someone dared to go against the grain

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

I hadn't said a word about it but go off I guess.

Flesnolk posted:

"Better things aren't possible."
- Nighteye

Quirk: Disingenuity

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JahRoo posted:

I believe this is just a superman joke.

Larryb posted:

And that’s not a real spoiler.

You've met Wash, now meet Whoosh

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Electro Froppy. Super Chuuni Todoroki. Dark Flame Tokyami. Timid and useless Bakugo. Badass Momo... I would love a mini-episode or one-shot about every single character in that spread.

Villain with a personality swap quirk?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

I forget, did Asui ever get hers?

Yes, unfortunately it was making a solemn declaration that she was a cop

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
In a lot of these shows it’s good to keep in mind the writer is often trying desperately not to get cancelled so the early stuff can really be throwing concepts at a wall to see what sticks.

So you have the author throwing around 20 different characters with different character traits and concepts, some of them are a bit more popular than others and end up getting more time and focus but with more time they’re able to work more on fleshing most of them out a but more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also Lemillion has done great work with the power he already has, he didn’t need another one.

If Deku didn’t have OfA there’d just be one less hero