Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm assuming Aizawa was very similar at his age

Excellent time to segue into My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, a spin-off series that right now has been covering Aizawa when he was at UA. It's generally a story about unlicensed heroes but it tends to go into backstories for how characters met or their relationships with one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Yeah, All Might wouldn't have let Overhaul go, All Might also would have moved so fast and so absurdly shut down Overhaul that he wouldn't have been able to blink and process just how badly he got poo poo on. Deku's not on that level. Mirio is able to go intangible but he'd not be able to do so AND protect Deku and Eri.

Basically, as others have said, Mirio made the logical call, but Deku's unbending nature to refuse to let evil exist is what makes him All Might's successor.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

The "genetic material" joke has been made enough times that Horokoshi specifically (and reluctantly) confirmed that no genetic material can pass OFA unwillingly, not even that kind. The real question is what happens if you want it to transfer over.

:stonklol:

Well, it'd be a One for All smash.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

One for All stockpiles the strength of whoever holds it. Toshinori being a huge gym bro just means that the muscle stockpile grew all the faster.

I’m still holding out that near the end Deku learns to portion out OFA understanding that twenty 5%-Might’s can do far more hero work than one Deku alone. All Might was a sole indomitable source of hope but he worked himself raw trying to do everything constantly. Plus splitting the power means the next holder(s) don’t explode themselves.

That implies the power is splittable. There's never been any indication that it is. When All-Might gave the quirk to Deku, it wasn't that Deku took part of the quirk and All Might lost it gradually. All Might lost the quirk, and the power he had was residual echoes of OFA.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think that would work for Mirio. Remember he can't overlap matter.

He also can't see, and he wouldn't be able to like... get any tools in. So I don't know how he'd be good at the surgery at all, in fact he'd be loving awful at it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Half of Dracula posted:

He could just not make his eyes intangible. Or any of himself except his hands and arms.

And how would that help? He needs to hold the tools, so his hand needs to be solid, which means there still needs to be an incision, which means there's no added benefit for Mirio doing it than anyone else doing it. Like I know there's a desire to hot take every hero with "Wow you could do so much good if you used your powers for X instead." But no Mirio has no additional benefit as a surgeon than anyone else.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ijyt posted:

Just watched episode 76, the Overhaul fight was incredible as well as the music choice, this threads reaction to episodes never ceases to amaze me.

ADTRW is a bubble.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kung Food posted:

Didn't she copy Camie's mirage and Ochaco's float ability during the crushing of UA?

No. She's just a Ninja. And that she DIDN'T copy Float was important as that's how Deku sussed out she was an imposter when she fell from a height.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why Horikoshi put Grape Quagmire in his manga, but I don't like it.

Because he finds him funny to write and enjoys writing him, as he's said.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I very much understand people being afraid because... you've watched/read shonen manga before, and they all tend to do the same thing Oh, your father/mother/abusive figure, just wanted the best for you, and it was your childish rebellion that didn't understand them. And that's happened enough to very reasonably make people skeptic. But... also like... Endeavor isn't like those characters. Endeavor has admitted that he was a bad dad, and that the abuse he put on Shoto and Rei and everyone? Was abuse.

Also, while Shoto hates his dad... he doesn't wanna see him die. It doesn't mean he forgives him.

This episode's less ALL IS FORGIVEN! and more Endeavor literally fighting the representation of his horrid self.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

christmas boots posted:

Well there's the thing where Shoto claims that his mom was basically purchased and forced into an arranged marriage and that never really comes up again or gets corroborated by anyone else.

Shoto also thinks he's cursed to damage the hands of people he gets involved with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

You do know Ryuko isn't real, right? She's a fictional character. Made up. Real people decided to make her naked and give her that conflict, and only draw her cutting buildings in half after she "overcame her embarrassment" with being naked.

Do you think Kojima's justifications for why his characters have to be naked are real, too?

Who cares why Kojima justifies his characters being naked, "I like big naked titties" is enough of a justification to draw big naked titties. Everything else is set dressing.