Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I admit I wasn't expecting Deku's costume to be 'Bunny Meets Kick-rear end.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Late to the party, but throw me in the 'Deku's devotion to Bakugo is making him look bad.' camp.

Also that's what Magne gets for cheapshotting Pixiebob.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

As someone who's job requirements include 'Mandatory Reporter' this episode bugged me just a little. It's a good episode it's just.. C'mooon.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

I was also thinking it's weird that pro heroes aren't mandatory reporters in this world but I looked it up and apparently Japan doesn't have a mandatory reporting law irl.

Laws or not, it's just weird that someone would be like, "Hmm, you show clear signs of abuse and this person is obviously causing you distress.. Whatever, run along now."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also there's a very reasonable chance it could end up with one or both of them as a literal smear on the wall as it happened to somebody in this episode

If only one of them could phase through walls..

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Two Tone Shoes posted:

If they commit to the fight the Mirio wrecks them. His whole gimmick was being unstoppable in a fight. All Deku would have to do is run, which he's very good at.

That's what I'm saying. Deku can run, Mirio can phase. It doesn't need to be a fight, they can grab the girl and disappear before Overhaul can get his gloves off.

Also I've not read the manga, but I have a feeling that saving the girl then and there would have saved them a lot of trouble down the line. She's clearly an asset to him, and they would have done better to deny him said asset.

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 11, 2019

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh hey, look at that, the text explicitly validated Deku's instincts to save Eri and explicitly categorized Mirio's play to wait for a better moment as a mistake - albeit a reasonable one brought on by lack of intel. Who could have predicted

I'll take my victory lap now.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

I'm a non manga reader and there was nothing in there that looked spoiler-y to me.

Edit: at least as far as the trailer goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

pointlessone posted:

It wouldn't be highschool without at least one hormone driven jackass? At least he's played completely as a horrible pervert that gets shut down at every turn instead of just being the perv who gropes girls at every scene he's in.

Yeah, the perverted over-hormoned highschooler is a trope as old as anime itself.