Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Problem description: I'm trying to figure out how to get a bluetooth speaker to take priority for outputting my computer's audio when it is turned on. I have this Tribit bluetooth speaker in the bathroom to play podcasts or whatever when I'm in the shower. It is paired with my computer, and if I manually select it as my output device under sound settings, it works. However, if I turn it off and then turn it back on again, the hooked-up speakers retain priority and the bluetooth speaker doesn't output anything unless I manually select it again via the sound settings. So, I'm trying to get to a state of the world where if the bluetooth speaker is powered on, the computer uses that for audio output, and if it's turned off, it reverts to my plugged-in speakers.

Attempted fixes: I've powered on/off the bluetooth speaker, I've tried unplugging and replugging in the usual speakers. I think I've clicked through every menu in the settings possible to find somewhere I could rearrange the ordering of sound devices.

Recent changes: I just moved from a laptop to a new desktop computer that I built. I didn't have this problem on the laptop, so I figure there must be a way to fix this.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

System specs: Ryzen 3900X processor, X570 Aorus Pro Wifi, these hooked-up speakers, and this bluetooth speaker. If more specs are needed for this, just let me know and I'll add them!

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU