Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

you guys ever think that we can buy candles that would have made the sun king himself weep with joy.

for like, a few bucks?

it pretty neat to think about candles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Why are candles romantic? Is it the soothing nature of the fire, is it the long things they tend to stand on? Is it because you don't need regular light and it's darker so you tend to be more open about what approaches you can take?

ChubbyChecker

Heather Papps posted:

you guys ever think that we can buy candles that would have made the sun king himself weep with joy.

for like, a few bucks?

it pretty neat to think about candles.

woaaah

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Goons Are Ghouls posted:

Why are candles romantic? Is it the soothing nature of the fire, is it the long things they tend to stand on? Is it because you don't need regular light and it's darker so you tend to be more open about what approaches you can take?

Real answer: the flickering of the light softens features and makes everyone look less severe and harsh, as opposed to bright white light.

Also, wine

Goons Are Gifts

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Real answer: the flickering of the light softens features and makes everyone look less severe and harsh, as opposed to bright white light.

Also, wine

I find you extremely attractive right now tbqh

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Goons Are Ghouls posted:

I find you extremely attractive right now tbqh

That's just the wine talking

Goons Are Gifts

In vino veritas :heysexy:

google THIS

Jack tried jumping over a flashlight but people weren't impressed so he had to up his act.

death sext

My favorite flavor of candle is sage. Maybe get some citrus and lavender up in there, hell yeah. Bonus: I can wave it around the room to keep ghouls and goblins away

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Ghouls posted:

I think it's the element of danger that if it tipped over or touched a drape that your house could catch on fire.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

up until now the candle has only effectively worked on two of our senses: sight and smell. my latest product fixes this: i present the world's first candle that, when lit, cries like a hungry baby

google THIS

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

up until now the candle has only effectively worked on two of our senses: sight and smell. my latest product fixes this: i present the world's first candle that, when lit, cries like a hungry baby

Not a baby but there are candles that crackle like a fireplace to make it more difficult to tell if it ignited something it shouldn't by sound alone

Finger Prince

google THIS posted:

Not a baby but there are candles that crackle like a fireplace to make it more difficult to tell if it ignited something it shouldn't by sound alone

Also probably smells like burning wood, which is definitely something a candle should not smell of.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Scented candles don't taste as good as they smell, but maybe not as bad as you might think?

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Scented candles don't taste as good as they smell, but maybe not as bad as you might think?

Worth a try.

nut

firmly in the "beyond" section

Heather Papps

hello friend

google THIS posted:

as dumb as they seem they actually are pretty rad

the "NEW WICK" technology is quite soothing and lovely to look at, and the one i tried didn't smell like burning wood.
on a scale from 1-5 i would give this style of candle a definitely more dangerous then standard if you have a cat or a baby maybe just friggin' turn on a youtube video of a fireplace jeez alright big ups to my man jack be nimble

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

Covering myself on hot wax. From now on I'm living life as a candle.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Covering myself on hot wax. From now on I'm living life as a candle.

Will you be burning it at both ends?

Escape From Noise

Barking Gecko posted:

Will you be burning it at both ends?

Probably.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fully sexual power outage with human casualties

Because gently caress pg&e

Barking Gecko

PG&E fucks themselves. No external input is required.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Barking Gecko posted:

PG&E fucks themselves. No external input is required.

This is the truth

I hope they are all eaten by angry bears

Heather Papps

hello friend

candlethread resurrection: the re-alightening

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

This is the truth

I hope they are all eaten by angry bears

i am trying to learn animal friendship but it turns out bears are surprisingly hard to turn into my willing soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Heather Papps posted:

i am trying to learn animal friendship but it turns out bears are surprisingly hard to turn into my willing soldiers

All humans, especially those who are wealthy and powerful, should regularly spend a few days not being at the top of the food chain.