Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hey guys, happy best blocked punt in history day. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Mesh is bullshit and should be banned.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mesh is how I win NCAA 12 championships

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Regnevelc posted:

Mesh is bullshit and should be banned.

Hello Don Brown

Mesh rules and is the best route. And the best mesh is the one where a RB runs a wheel route that no one loving covers.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Hello Don Brown

Mesh rules and is the best route. And the best mesh is the one where a RB runs a wheel route that no one loving covers.

They’ve been running a bit more zone this year and they are starting to defend it well.

It helps that Daxton Hill is our nickle back this year.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Big news everyone

https://twitter.com/lsufreek/status/1185018970748936192?s=21

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

That is a blessed tweet if I've ever seen one

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Hey guys, happy best blocked punt in history day. Namaste.

Weird, it's not Sept. 25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIflqthSVw

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

I’m sorry brother, you can have the NFL one but this is the best college football one.

https://youtu.be/Dqv48MwEbaQ

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bring back Lisa Lispino.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m sorry brother, you can have the NFL one but this is the best college football one.

https://youtu.be/Dqv48MwEbaQ

What horrible injury was it that guy got at the bottom of the pile?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Grittybeard posted:

What horrible injury was it that guy got at the bottom of the pile?

Dislocated hip iirc

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

Dislocated hip iirc

How does that work?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

How does that work?

Well you see, the hip is a ball-and-socket joint. Dislocation occurs when the ball comes out of the socket.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Well you see, the hip is a ball-and-socket joint. Dislocation occurs when the ball comes out of the socket.

Sounds more like a leg dislocation to me. I'll write the AMA so they can update the manuals.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

We ran mesh all the time in 3rd/4th grade flag football with my daughter's team. We called it "Lefty" because the 2 receivers were to slap left hands running by each other. We ran it about about 3 yards because some kids can't throw and everybody had to play QB for at least a half during the season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yates posted:

We ran mesh all the time in 3rd/4th grade flag football with my daughter's team. We called it "Lefty" because the 2 receivers were to slap left hands running by each other. We ran it about about 3 yards because some kids can't throw and everybody had to play QB for at least a half during the season.

NCAA implement this rule

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yates posted:

The one year I coached 5th grade flag football with my friend we just took our two fastest kids, made one QB and the other RB and ran a speed option on like every other play and man little kids cannot defend an option for poo poo. We were like 1995 Nebraska.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Please excuse the language but

I don't give a drat

about the whole state of Alabam

a

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don't give a drat

a

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Hell, same

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

NCAA implement this rule

Works for volleyball

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PostNouveau posted:

NCAA implement this rule
It would make the A-11 even better.

11 possible QBs and receivers standing in the huddle :getin:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

iospace posted:

I wonder why they weren't ranked last week when A&M was at 3-2 :thunk:

They wanted to give Alabama another top #25 win. But the Gophers didn't do themselves any favors in the non-con schedule. Super tight games against SDSU, Fresno, and Georgia Southern. All ten wins teams from last year......but still. The Big Ten wins have been much better with two pretty dominant performances in the past couple of weeks. And two very likely wins in the coming weeks with Rutgers and Maryland.

Good shot to climb into the top #15 by the time Penn State comes to town.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Who is ~they~ again? Those dastardly... coaches?*

*coaches' personal assistants

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RestingB1tchFace posted:

They wanted to give Alabama another top #25 win. But the Gophers didn't do themselves any favors in the non-con schedule. Super tight games against SDSU, Fresno, and Georgia Southern. All ten wins teams from last year......but still. The Big Ten wins have been much better with two pretty dominant performances in the past couple of weeks. And two very likely wins in the coming weeks with Rutgers and Maryland.

Good shot to climb into the top #15 by the time Penn State comes to town.

Big 10 easier than G5, got it.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

Big 10 easier than G5, got it.

Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska. Nothing particularly tough about those teams. Minnesota gets Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin in November.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They also have Northwestern in there who isn't good but has a way better defense than anyone they've faced so far and could really gently caress up their lovely oline. They could start 8-0 and end 8-4/8-5 depending on the bowl pretty easily. Which isn't a bad season if you're Minnesota but probably wouldn't feel great

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Before my dumb team gets annihilated from the face of the earth let me say gently caress to buckeye.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Good luck getting your nut

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

They also have Northwestern in there who isn't good but has a way better defense than anyone they've faced so far and could really gently caress up their lovely oline. They could start 8-0 and end 8-4/8-5 depending on the bowl pretty easily. Which isn't a bad season if you're Minnesota but probably wouldn't feel great

It took how many years, but Minny is finally back at the Glen Mason level

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don't give a drat

a

I hit the subscribe and notify button

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

MourningView posted:

Northwestern is also bad. They lost in a pillow fight against Nebraska who the Gophers absolutely dismantled this past weekend. There are no unwinnable games on the schedule.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I have a strong suspicion that A&M is going to lose to Ole Miss tomorrow

Dadgummit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RestingB1tchFace posted:

There are no unwinnable games on the schedule.

you trailed into the fourth quarter in like 2/3 of your games but sure Wisconsin is definitely winnable if Jonathan Taylor and half the oline decide to quit football sometime between now and then

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Northwestern is also bad. They lost in a pillow fight against Nebraska who the Gophers absolutely dismantled this past weekend. There are no unwinnable games on the schedule.

my guy wisconsin and penn state are just straight up better

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cnidario posted:

Dadgummit

Offense showed some signs of life against Bama. It’s not outside the realm of possibility, but I think we’ll be okay.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnidario posted:

Dadgummit

Insha'allah

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

November is much harder than anything we’ve faced the rest of the season but the Gophers have been getting better with every game so I’m not unconfident and even if we went 8-4 the last time we went 8-0 the USS Arizona was still afloat so that’s a victory in itself.

Also if you all want to read something funny but very bleak, check this evaluation of Illinois out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Before my dumb team gets annihilated from the face of the earth let me say gently caress to buckeye.

Are you going to the game? Good luck getting up there.