Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was Wake Forest ball. Wake got robbed and is still a top 25 team, qtiyd

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

wisconsin will eventually get exposed because their quarterback is trash

he is not actively losing the game and, hell, i will take it

his stat lines look a lot like Tolzien stat lines and I am a-ok with a repeat of 2010

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

nachos posted:

Before last week I would have been satisfied winning one from auburn/lsu/uga. Now I’m gonna be big mad if we lose to Georgia

Mild success will do that every time.

:negative:

But you know what? UF is mostly fun to watch again. Just think about the McElwain offense and despair. What a dark time that was. Such a disappointment.

I dunno if we will ever get a ring w Mullen but the offense just works. I’m down with it.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
honest question

why dont they just play emory whatsisface full time

ur game manager smart guy QB throws picks in the endzone anyway so whats the point

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

honest question

ur game manager smart guy QB throws picks in the endzone anyway so whats the point

That turnover was bad but he was pressing when we *had* to have a TD.

He led several TD drives over 70yds.

Emory is good but he’s not a known quantity through the air and we just can’t loving run block. Period.

Trask has been really really good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every time I see that replay I'm mad. That was Wake Forest ball.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LeeMajors posted:

Emory is good but he’s not a known quantity through the air and we just can’t loving run block. Period.

drat well have yall considered getting a guy that throws 60 tds a year it seems to be working for us

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

drat well have yall considered getting a guy that throws 60 tds a year it seems to be working for us

I should have considered not responding in earnest to scionix oops. It’s late and I’m vulnerable rn thanks for listening.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm very upset that my team will likely drop out of the top 25 because they're absolutely a top 25 team. Now granted that's like a top 10 offense with a trash-rear end D, but it's still true.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was relatively impressed with Ole Miss's Plumlee, if he develops at all as a passer he might end up being pretty good.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou got a homecoming win and are 1 game away from being bowl eligible. Not that it matters, I'm sure the NCAA will ban us for the horrific crime of some guy cheating on a test or whatever 5 years ago.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU-WVU was weird. It was close until the 4th quarter, but ISU looked like the better team most of the game. Then finally ISU pulled away and the end score looks like a blowout.

Solid game once ISU realized they should catch balls and not bobble them around into the hands of the defense.

It’s Brocktober baby. Breece Hall burning his redshirt looks like it might be the difference between some chance and no chance at beating OU and Texas.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Every time I see that replay I'm mad. That was Wake Forest ball.

That fourth down play? Yeah, it was.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I dunno if we will ever get a ring w Mullen but the offense just works. I’m down with it.

Really all Mullen needs is to hit on one QB prospect, e.g. Cam, Deshaun, to win a title.

Scionix posted:

honest question

Mullen is very conservative with his QB room. IIRC Dak didn't become the full-time starter at Mississippi State even after it was clear that he was better than the other dude

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Vols won! Good for them!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Fire Tim Beck in a pottery kiln

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LeeMajors posted:

I should have considered not responding in earnest to scionix oops. It’s late and I’m vulnerable rn thanks for listening.

it was a real question u weenie

not the 60 td part but you know gotta flex when u can

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

That fourth down play? Yeah, it was.

The last onside kick.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Washington is not a good team this year. Offense keeps coming out flat. Disappointed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU wins another crummy Iowa night game

Defense is legit as hell, on to Michigan

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

EmbryoSteve posted:

Washington is not a good team this year. Offense keeps coming out flat. Disappointed.

bold strategy, posting your hot take at halftime, down only 4

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Qwijib0 posted:

bold strategy, posting your hot take at halftime, down only 4

I’m usually against snap judgements, but he seems to have a pretty strong body of evidence in this case

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LeeMajors posted:

I think Emory will end up being the better QB if hes given the chance.

I'm not a florida fan (wife is) but from the limited experiences with him on the field he seems like a better college skills QB. Could probably give the rest of the SEC fits with his speed, and open up a hellacious air raid style offense.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rank Minnesota You Cowards

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Rank Mizzou so I can laugh even harder when they lose to Vandy or some poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Rank Minnesota You Cowards

They showed a stat during the game that they're the only 5-0 team unranked during a season since 2010 Northwestern.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was Wake Forest ball. Wake got robbed and is still a top 25 team, qtiyd

Still top 25 (barely) and robbed but that kick coverage :eyepoop:

They are exciting af for fans of both teams

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 13, 2019

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

ur in my world now posted:

Rank Mizzou so I can laugh even harder when they lose to Vandy or some poo poo.

We're at an exciting point in the Mizzou season where two situations are basically equally plausible:

1. They fall apart and finish 6-6
2. Everyone else in the SEC East falls apart and they back into another unceremonious division championship

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv won against vanderbilt and commanded the game nearly the entire time.

sucks that sanchez gets any sort of positive to point to this season but whatever. if he stays it's just one more bad decision.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

PSU wins another crummy Iowa night game

Defense is legit as hell, on to Michigan

I was watching with friends and there was lots of yelling at the TV. Also had a friend that was actually at Kinnick. I thought most of our yelling was theatrical, then texted my buddy and took a look at the internet and realized.....nope....everyone is pretty much apoplectic.

That catch by Brandon Smith should be on the Top 10 for the day though. Tip of the cap.

e: Stanley made some really good passes under pressure and dropped a couple of dimes.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

xbilkis posted:

We're at an exciting point in the Mizzou season where two situations are basically equally plausible:

1. They fall apart and finish 6-6
2. Everyone else in the SEC East falls apart and they back into another unceremonious division championship

I think the best part about the second option is we still have the NCAA decision hanging over our heads. What would happen if the NCAA decided to gently caress us (likely) and we earned a trip to Atlanta for the SECCG?

It would be Peak Mizzou if we made it to the SECCG or even won the SEC and none of it mattered because NCAA sanction.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Still top 25 (barely) and robbed but that kick coverage :eyepoop:

They are exciting af for fans of both teams

That kick coverage was the worst I'd ever seen. If it was even passable Wake wins easily. Our offense is insane.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm very upset that my team will likely drop out of the top 25 because they're absolutely a top 25 team. Now granted that's like a top 10 offense with a trash-rear end D, but it's still true.

if they keep winning they'll be back in the rankings in time for their showdown with Clemson, which would be their one shot at an ACC championship game appearance. The rest of their schedule is very winnable because the ACC, especially the Atlantic division, is mostly garbage.

edit: honestly, I could see a very revved up 8-0 Minnesota team surprising Penn State. It's in Minneapolis, and Minnesota's offense is way better than Iowa's (although their defense isn't nearly as good). Then they could go to Kinnick the next week and we could send them home with their tails between their legs! Of course, if they do manage to beat Iowa and Penn State it would set us up for one of the most lop-sided battles between 11-0 teams in the history of the NCAA with their battle against Wisconsin.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 13, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

They aren't even the number 1 team in their state.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas not good, still probably has a solid 30% chance of NY6 bowl if not higher

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought for a while that Washington was going to do their typical desert self-destruct but Arizona managed to out-self destruct them that game. That was the first good defense Arizona faced this season though and hopefully it was a wakeup call to the people who got too high on a team that is pretty bad.

But hey, still, in first place in the Pac-12 south after that loss! lol.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fire taggart

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pretty okay with that result. LSU are easily the 1st/2nd best team in the country (they'll have the opportunity to work that out in a few weeks) and we more than held our own for what, 3 1/2 quarters? A few bad coaching decisions late on (I don't see why Mullen keeps bringing in Jones for weird drives) and one pick in the end zone cost us the game and hell, I'm okay with that. We didn't stomp on our own dick over and over again as we have done recently!

The defence wasn't great again but I don't think LSUs was either so that balanced out, missing our two best past rushers didn't help either. We control our own destiny and after yesterday I'd say we have a very good chance of winning out. Or I dunno losing to SCAR and Mizzou because football is weird.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Randaconda posted:

fire taggart

No, keep him.

I'm not huge on moral victories, but playing LSU close on the road at night is a respectable performance. Especially when missing some key guys and fielding a young secondary. A few more pieces coming together would make this a drat strong team.

LSU will have trouble against Bama's superior offense and secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

No, keep him.

I'm not huge on moral victories, but playing LSU close on the road at night is a respectable performance. Especially when missing some key guys and fielding a young secondary. A few more pieces coming together would make this a drat strong team.

LSU will have trouble against Bama's superior offense and secondary.

If we had played that well against Auburn it would’ve been at 21-28pt victory.

We just didn’t have the depth to compete right now and I’m cool with it. We basically had to score on every drive and just didn’t quite get it. But poo poo we had several sustained drives of 70+ yards and did well on third downs. That alone was unthinkable two years ago.

DL got banged up too early to have any hope of stopping their offense too.