Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Georgia is still 100% in the playoff if they win out

That’s a significant if

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The Texas offense, despite having some pretty big receivers, nearly refuses to throw passes between 0 and 20 yards past the line of scrimmage. Also, our secondary has no idea how to tackle.

Oklahoma is going to be destroyed in the playoffs.

Is there any possibility that this is an Ehlinger issue rather than a scheme issue?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Tech’s defense looks gassed

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Qwijib0 posted:

bold strategy, posting your hot take at halftime, down only 4

I’m usually against snap judgements, but he seems to have a pretty strong body of evidence in this case

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'd rather ISU not be ranked. We have a history of falling on our face when ranked. Although if they beat Texas Tech this week, they should move into the rankings.

Not that these carry a lot of weight, but ESPN has ISU favored in every game except for OU. Even OU they're giving ISU a roughly 20% chance to win it. I absolutely know for certain that ISU will somehow tie Baylor for 2nd place in the Big 12 and miss out on the championship game.

Baylor/Texas/ISU three-way tie for second is a fun scenario. Is the convoluted point margin thing still the tiebreaker?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Komet posted:

Questions:

How long can the Big Ten continue with its current conference alignment? Maybe Minnesota will surprise Wisconsin and win the west (doubt it), but there's no real competition in the west.

The east has the best team in the league in Ohio State, then Penn State and Michigan (we'll see who #2 is after Saturday), and a Michigan State team that has real problems this year, but has been great in the recent past. Then they also have two dogshit teams in Maryland and Rutgers. Something has to give soon in order for the divisions to remain competitive and engaging. I think the Big Ten expected Nebraska to turn the corner by now, but they haven't. Will they ever?

I still think Maryland has upside in football (don't know about Locksley long term) and is competitive in other sports, and there's still significant revenue in the DMV for the Maryland fanbase. However, it's hard to see Rutgers as anything other than a routine 0-9 doormat. Indiana was bad for a long time and other teams like Illinois and Purdue have had some bad stints in recent years, but Rutgers has no history in the conference and they don't have much of a fanbase. How long can the Big Ten continue with this Rutgers charade? I'd trade Rutgers for WVU in a heart beat. Or VT. But I think WVU would gladly leave the Big XII to play more regional games.

I guess you could swap the two Michigan schools for Illinois and Northwestern and even things out a bit, but imbalance is just kind of inherent to the divisional structure.

Honestly, I don't think they're even that bad this year. The West certainly isn't has comparatively weak as the worst years for the Big 12 North or SEC East. Iowa is the second or third best team in the West and took the second and third best teams in the East to the wire in back to back weeks.

Edit: If you do want to tinker, I think this one could have reasonable year-to-year balance, as well as maintaining some geographic coherence

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 15, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is this the first week of Wednesday Fun Belt?

edit: no

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ohio State/Northwestern has been moved to BTN due to Northwestern

Too explicit for standard cable

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Who is ~they~ again? Those dastardly... coaches?*

*coaches' personal assistants

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Good luck getting your nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cnidario posted:

I have a strong suspicion that A&M is going to lose to Ole Miss tomorrow

Dadgummit

Offense showed some signs of life against Bama. It’s not outside the realm of possibility, but I think we’ll be okay.