Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

Sports are supposed to be fun, right?

What in the world is fun about making your offense stand around, twiddling their thumbs, while you fish through your Waffle House menu looking playbook to pick out a call that amounts to "run the ball up the middle for 3 yards"? With 2 seconds left on the play clock? Down 7? With a loss staring you at the face? Who enjoys that? Who is it for? Who benefits at all from this? Who does this make look good? What does this accomplish?

Man, gently caress this. I’m sick of lazy offensive coordinators and schemes enamored with their own steakheaded, will-bending delusions. I’m a software copywriter for a living, meaning I take complex engineering and simplify it for the customer for easy use. Meaning I am absolutely averse to BS…because it either works for the customer, or it doesn’t. HURR DURR OUR GUYS JUST HAVE TO EXECUTE no. No no no. The gameplan is stupid and wrong, and you’re stupid and wrong for doing it. I don’t care how sexy you think your 47-page playbook and your pin and pull and your route trees and everything you bring to the table is…if you’re decreasing the amount of possessions you have and PLAYING RIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF WILL MUSCHAMP!!!!!, then I can’t help you.

I hate football like this. I don't get the point.

This team is facing 4 losses unless they play, and more importantly coach, like they care.

make this the op haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU