Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Texas looked pretty bad. We were lucky not to lose by 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:hmmyes:

Also todd orlando

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Also, our secondary has no idea how to tackle.

Oklahoma is going to be destroyed in the playoffs.

What else is new?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That catch

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow Texas confirmed a TD better than Florida

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lmao how are we still in the Top 15

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Lol at LSU jumping all the way to #2

LSU should be #1

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

They play both Auburn and Alabama, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sure it'll sort itself out in the end, but if we're just comparing resumes up to now, I mean come on.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BON_SBNation/status/1183492557130665988

Cool, cool, cool and good fire tim beck orlando

I see the twitter preview doesn't show the full headline:

Inside the Numbers: The Texas defense on pace for worst season in school history

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

The last time any team missed this many tackles through the first 6 games was Temple, 15 loving years ago.

:eyepoop:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

at which point you have 1 loss lsu at large, 2 loss sec champ florida, and then 2 loss auburn with a pretty great resume and 2 loss bama who is still bama

Sounds like we got our 4 playoff teams right here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

How does this high school team perform, out of curiosity? Anyone know what he's talking about?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

If I remember right, they usually do pretty well. Don’t know about the onside kick thing, but never punting is definitely the right choice.

I don't know the stats at all, but the onside kick makes sense to me.

It seems like if the offense gets a first down, they're wayyyyy more likely to score in some way. If you go 3 and out after a failed onside kick, you are punting, even with your great field position.

Maybe that's just because I've been watching the Saints and Longhorns for too long. Teams with lovely defenses who totally don't get stops if they don't get a 3 and out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

This might be kinda fun. If there were more of us and we had the slightest possibility to be organized I'd say we should vote bomb it to get our favorite guys there but that's not happening.

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1184179828964188162

2012 Collin Klein immediately jumped to mind a someone I'd like the hear Spencer Hall talk about, but I don't remember what else was going on that year.

e: poo poo he was actually third in Heisman voting in 2012, yeah I don't remember that at all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

I wonder what happened to Vince Young, he wasn't all that terrible in the NFL looking at his stats.

Cheesecake Factory can humble even the greatest among us.

Most recently he got fired from his job at the Longhorn Network for not showing up to work enough. Now he likely had to do very little for that job anyway, so he must have really worked hard to half-rear end it enough to get UT to fire him.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 15, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Banner Society's Watch Grid for the week:

Pretty bad week!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

i see a game worth watching at pretty much every major timeslot, it’s not like a banner week but entertaining football is certainly reasonable

Yeah, I shouldn't compare every week to last week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Coco13 posted:

Full dissection is here, but the basic concept is two receivers on opposite sides of the formation run to each other, usually around 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Ideally, the receivers are so close they can low-five. It's creates a lot of traffic in an already heavily populated area for the defense to sort though.

Ohhhh, so it's a euphemism for offensive pass interference

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Hey guys, happy best blocked punt in history day. Namaste.

Weird, it's not Sept. 25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIflqthSVw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

Dislocated hip iirc

How does that work?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Well you see, the hip is a ball-and-socket joint. Dislocation occurs when the ball comes out of the socket.

Sounds more like a leg dislocation to me. I'll write the AMA so they can update the manuals.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yates posted:

We ran mesh all the time in 3rd/4th grade flag football with my daughter's team. We called it "Lefty" because the 2 receivers were to slap left hands running by each other. We ran it about about 3 yards because some kids can't throw and everybody had to play QB for at least a half during the season.

NCAA implement this rule

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RestingB1tchFace posted:

They wanted to give Alabama another top #25 win. But the Gophers didn't do themselves any favors in the non-con schedule. Super tight games against SDSU, Fresno, and Georgia Southern. All ten wins teams from last year......but still. The Big Ten wins have been much better with two pretty dominant performances in the past couple of weeks. And two very likely wins in the coming weeks with Rutgers and Maryland.

Good shot to climb into the top #15 by the time Penn State comes to town.

Big 10 easier than G5, got it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnidario posted:

I have a strong suspicion that A&M is going to lose to Ole Miss tomorrow

Dadgummit

Insha'allah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau