Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sports are supposed to be fun, right?

What in the world is fun about making your offense stand around, twiddling their thumbs, while you fish through your Waffle House menu looking playbook to pick out a call that amounts to "run the ball up the middle for 3 yards"? With 2 seconds left on the play clock? Down 7? With a loss staring you at the face? Who enjoys that? Who is it for? Who benefits at all from this? Who does this make look good? What does this accomplish?

Man, gently caress this. I’m sick of lazy offensive coordinators and schemes enamored with their own steakheaded, will-bending delusions. I’m a software copywriter for a living, meaning I take complex engineering and simplify it for the customer for easy use. Meaning I am absolutely averse to BS…because it either works for the customer, or it doesn’t. HURR DURR OUR GUYS JUST HAVE TO EXECUTE no. No no no. The gameplan is stupid and wrong, and you’re stupid and wrong for doing it. I don’t care how sexy you think your 47-page playbook and your pin and pull and your route trees and everything you bring to the table is…if you’re decreasing the amount of possessions you have and PLAYING RIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF WILL MUSCHAMP!!!!!, then I can’t help you.

I hate football like this. I don't get the point.

This team is facing 4 losses unless they play, and more importantly coach, like they care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dilber posted:

Ah, welcome to me years ago. James Coley is a bad OC.

As an OC, he's a great recruiter.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the Huskers are a comically fat man tumbling down an eternal staircase

Frost seemed so cocky going into the year. That program is what it is.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In 2OT, Coley drew up a run up the middle on 2nd and 10. It's already insulting that Kirby's plan with all his resources was to just promote a dude to learn being an OC on the job, but it's even more insulting that the guy is whipping out stuff that even fans drunk on the couch know is a stupid idea.

I'm dead serious this is an 8-4 team unless poo poo gets straight. I don't trust this offense against anyone other than Tech. That includes Kentucky next week. South Carolina literally didn't need to gain a single yard after the first quarter (and truth be told, they didn't really!) to win with a converted WR at QB because UGA kept taking a rail gun to its own junk.

I can't get over Coley waiting 39 seconds to get the play in with only a couple minutes left and UGA down 7, with the clock just oozing away. Why?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, and for those still doing the "Richt did THIS after this many games, Kirby did THAT after this many games," this is Kirby's UGA/UT '04, only this SCAR team is orders of magnitude crappier. Just, blech.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

I also wonder why we don’t run tempo more. Even adjusting for bad play calling, we are a whole lot better when we run hurry up. Even if it’s hurry up to the line and then just drain clock or whatever but going fast we actually work well.

Also, Jake Fromm likes running tempo!!!!!!. But no. Fun must be punished. We must exert our will. Even if it takes the fans and the team completely out of the game.

I blame every turnover on our stupid ploddy pace. It makes the team less mentally sharp, so: mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The best possible theoretical outcome of the Orgeron experience, where he gets solid coordinators, then lets them do their thing while getting out of the way and eating gumbo and crushing Dixie Light Steve Austin-style, is exactly what LSU's getting. Kudos.