Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

This team is built to lose by 14+ to Florida. I can feel it in my bones.

Two weeks ago I'd have called you crazy. Now? Let's see how we do against LSU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

ayyyyyyy, whoaaaaa, johnny langan ova hea, tryina throw a football like scadoosh!

This made me giggle like a little girl, thank you

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/ramzy/status/1183198271294062592?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

Frost seemed so cocky going into the year. That program is what it is.

Invent the training table, ignore all ethical standards and profit for a decade before everyone outside Coral Gables catches up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Don't ever post Crowder in here.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LSU is good.

Gator is good but less good than LSU.

gently caress.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

nachos posted:

Before last week I would have been satisfied winning one from auburn/lsu/uga. Now I’m gonna be big mad if we lose to Georgia

Mild success will do that every time.

:negative:

But you know what? UF is mostly fun to watch again. Just think about the McElwain offense and despair. What a dark time that was. Such a disappointment.

I dunno if we will ever get a ring w Mullen but the offense just works. I’m down with it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

honest question

why dont they just play emory whatsisface full time

ur game manager smart guy QB throws picks in the endzone anyway so whats the point

That turnover was bad but he was pressing when we *had* to have a TD.

He led several TD drives over 70yds.

Emory is good but he’s not a known quantity through the air and we just can’t loving run block. Period.

Trask has been really really good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

drat well have yall considered getting a guy that throws 60 tds a year it seems to be working for us

I should have considered not responding in earnest to scionix oops. It’s late and I’m vulnerable rn thanks for listening.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

No, keep him.

I'm not huge on moral victories, but playing LSU close on the road at night is a respectable performance. Especially when missing some key guys and fielding a young secondary. A few more pieces coming together would make this a drat strong team.

LSU will have trouble against Bama's superior offense and secondary.

If we had played that well against Auburn it would’ve been at 21-28pt victory.

We just didn’t have the depth to compete right now and I’m cool with it. We basically had to score on every drive and just didn’t quite get it. But poo poo we had several sustained drives of 70+ yards and did well on third downs. That alone was unthinkable two years ago.

DL got banged up too early to have any hope of stopping their offense too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Achernar posted:

Yeah that's the usual arc, seems to be working at Clemson so far though. (I honestly don't know how involved Dabo is with playcalling)

He almost lost his job before he decided to relinquish control of the offense. He also made a killer hire in Chad Morris.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dilber posted:

You haven't seen anything yet from him. He called the worst playcall I have ever seen.

It was a halfback pass in the snow as the QB was finally getting hot.

:stare:

I though Nuss’s FB inside fake to unblocked HB pitch to the weak side inside the 1 for a 6yd loss against LSU a few years ago was bad. I’m still furious about it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

They’ll win out

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Spacebump posted:

I can't believe Texas has now fired both Mack Brown and Vince Young.

The best thing about Texas is that they recruited two Heisman QBs as DBs.

It’s actually my favorite fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Yeah the big loss with Urban is as a program builder/recruiter and probably won't show up for a year or two if it ever does (the current QB room beyond Fields is, uh, concerning). Purely as a gameday coach it's not really a huge loss, Day is a way better offensive tactician. Urban deserves credit for being one of the first people to recognize the potential of the read option but he wasn't really some brilliant offensive mind beyond that, he was just really really really good at all the CEO-type stuff.

Yeah it’s pretty well-work territory that Gregg Brandon, Mike Sanford and Dan Mullen pretty much constructed that offense. But Meyer will forever get the credit. He coached scared in 2009 with an all-timer of a team and it showed in all the ways y’all are discussing.

Dudes probably a top-5 or -10 coach all time but he has flaws for sure.