Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If the Browns ran every play with Chubb and never ever passed the ball, I think they win that game. Kitchen's time-out/challenge/penalty/whatever the gently caress that was was terrible decision making. If he'd just let the next play run, they had an easy touchdown.
I figured this was a trap game for Seattle, so I'm glad they came out with the win, but the run defense was :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Fuuuuuuucck. I was wondering why Justin Bethel was on the field.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Remember when KC downgrading on defensive talent and grabbing a worse DC was supposed to help them fix the defense

I'm still not sure this is definitively the case. I mean it is, but going on what we knew at the time I'm not sure. I'm also not sure (especially in Ford's case) they'd be any better if they'd kept everything the same. It's mainly a matter of firing a bad DC and hiring another bad DC and changing the roster.

Obviously they should have kept one of Ford or Houston, but getting rid of Berry for Mathieu is an upgrade just based on Mathieu playing. The biggest problem is Frank Clark being trash after being very good, which would have been hard to see coming and is the worst bet Brett Veach has made until proven otherwise.

It appears that the worst thing long term about all this will be the Chiefs will either let Chris Jones walk or be tying up 200 million in a bad defensive line. Letting him walk makes sense when you put it like that, but he's by far the best defensive player the Chiefs have. Oh and he'll be hobbled for quite a while.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
And the thing about Jones is that, as good of a pass rusher as he is, he's flat out awful as a run defender. And you kinda need a DT to be able to do things against the run.

that being said I don't think Spags is that much worse a DC than Sutton was, if at all. The Chiefs just kind of stink all around on D and trading for Clark was a huge mistake.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think at this point, you gotta look at Andy Reid.

He's a good coach, but I don't think he's putting out his best effort this year. The Chiefs had the showings of a not spectacular, but at least a solid enough Defensive unit to get forward.

This Defense has gone in reverse instead and the Offense is right along with them. It's easy to blame Spagnuolo, and he's not good, but poo poo maybe look at the guy that's doing a 4:1 pass run ratio with a QB that has a gimpy ankle.

This isn't a fire Andy Reid post, but heck I really don't know what they're going to do.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

If the Browns ran every play with Chubb and never ever passed the ball, I think they win that game.

Okay this does bode well for the Ravens

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

LiquidFriend posted:

He's a good coach, but I don't think he's putting out his best effort this year. The Chiefs had the showings of a not spectacular, but at least a solid enough Defensive unit to get forward.

This Defense has gone in reverse instead and the Offense is right along with them. It's easy to blame Spagnuolo, and he's not good, but poo poo maybe look at the guy that's doing a 4:1 pass run ratio with a QB that has a gimpy ankle.

This isn't a fire Andy Reid post, but heck I really don't know what they're going to do.

kc blew their one chance to get past the nfl-pats conspiracy. they aren't the first, they won't be the last.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

LiquidFriend posted:

It's not like we have any real running game to speak of, but that still doesn't make what's going on while Mahomes is hurt alright. If we lose to the Broncos we should sit Mahomes until he's healthy as it's becoming clear that we can't win games while he isn't and he's just going to end up actually hurt behind that line. That's obviously never going to happen though, so I guess start firing people?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Remember when KC downgrading on defensive talent and grabbing a worse DC was supposed to help them fix the defense

I do lol

Also Cowboys are broken which is also an lol

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
The NFC east is hot garbage, Florida football is failing miserably on all levels and the Atlanta curse is kicking in hardcore.
The pessimist in me is winning.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

LiquidFriend posted:

Um injuries, some teams deal with it well others do not. Same old deal in Philly.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seahawks... good?

Nah

Russell Wilson... good?

Yeah that makes more sense

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fknlo posted:

It's not like we have any real running game to speak of, but that still doesn't make what's going on while Mahomes is hurt alright. If we lose to the Broncos we should sit Mahomes until he's healthy as it's becoming clear that we can't win games while he isn't and he's just going to end up actually hurt behind that line. That's obviously never going to happen though, so I guess start firing people?
They ran what, 11 times in a game that was never out of reach? There aren't any attempts to get it going.

chilihead posted:

Um injuries, some teams deal with it well others do not. Same old deal in Philly.
The Defense sucked before the injuries and I don't think Andy's hand is too injured to flip his Denny's menu to the running plays.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Seahawks... good?

Nah

Russell Wilson... good?

Yeah that makes more sense

Brown's are a botched abortion from a meth addict

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

our safeties are the only bright spot on defense and it might be time to give Darwin Thompson some ball and see if he can get yards that burn clock.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LiquidFriend posted:

They really badly miss Eric Fisher more than anything else on offense, I think. He's a solid LT in a league where that's hard to come by and obviously a huge sight better than Cam Erving, who's only really adequate in spot duty. I do agree that the Chiefs probably should run the ball more, since Mahomes isn't 100%. But their o-line is mostly just kind of junky right now from injuries and your best bet is for them to get healthy by December.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

Lmao the Skins won by a single point against a team that is actively trying to lose

If, like any reasonable human being, you didnt watch a single second of htis game live look upon this poo poo.

https://gfycat.com/whiteorganicallosaurus-washington-redskins-football

Instead of kicking the XP to tie the game at the end and go for OT they went for the 2 point conversion. This was the play they dialed up

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LiquidFriend posted:

We'll take a used Andy Reid, thanks.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

They really badly miss Eric Fisher more than anything else on offense, I think. He's a solid LT in a league where that's hard to come by and obviously a huge sight better than Cam Erving, who's only really adequate in spot duty. I do agree that the Chiefs probably should run the ball more, since Mahomes isn't 100%. But their o-line is mostly just kind of junky right now from injuries and your best bet is for them to get healthy by December.
Yeah they certainly miss Fisher and Cam Erving is just bad. At this point I really wouldn't mind if Pat went Peyton and just called his own plays and did his own thing.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
Go figure, the Browns stick with Hue to show everyone they are patient and not reactionary with their coaches, to entice someone good to come along, and they end up with loving Freddie Kitchens. Now we're stuck with this guy for at least a year or two until we let a ton of our rookie contracts expire, and then have to sign everyone back for $$$$.

The curse never ends.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
jared goff is booty

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The 3-2 Dallas Cowboys have lost to the 0-4 New York Jets.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
49ers defense was just beautiful today. The goal line stand, and not letting the rams convert any of the 4th downs. Well ok last one was just all Goff. I mean soft/prevent D and he overthrows an easy TD on 4th and 6. Lmao.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

J
E
T
S

hosed
THE
COWBOYS

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles bad, Cowboys worse

Hail Satan

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

footballs good again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The officiating will stay bad until morale improves

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1183485989257469953

also you loving suck Freddie

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How the gently caress did the Rams throw for 50 yards

And the cowboys get killed by the Jets

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Freddie Kitchens has to be a one and done coach. He's horrible.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kirios posted:

He became the head coach 'cuz no one who they were interviewing for the head coach spot would take him on as their OC.

IT'S loving BRILLIANT!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What happened in the browns game that has everyone talking about Kitchens

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

He became the head coach 'cuz no one who they were interviewing for the head coach spot would take him on as their OC.

IT'S loving BRILLIANT!!!

I mean would you have hired Fat Mike without an OC

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

The Saints broke the Cowboys.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ehud posted:

What happened in the browns game that has everyone talking about Kitchens

He took a timeout on a play that would've given them a TD to challenge a play that he then lost. The next play the Browns turned over on downs. It was at the goal line.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Get hosed cowboys!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
McVay has regressed in play calling so much this year. Opened this game with 8 effective run plays and then didn’t run any play action at all. Just no balance at all or creativity at all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So I looked at the Sunday Night game tonight and...no thanks, I'll go do something else with my time.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

He took a timeout on a play that would've given them a TD to challenge a play that he then lost. The next play the Browns turned over on downs. It was at the goal line.

The play he stopped to challenge was also the EXACT loving play he ran right after. The first time it was going to be a loving TD.

Kitchens is the dumbest fucker.

Kirios posted:

The above and the Browns are the most penalized team in the league. Bakers ridiculous regression aint helping.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt_yqMZ1PQk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1183526526710636545