Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean would you have hired Fat Mike without an OC

It's ridiculous to be hiring a new Head Coach and forcing that condition upon them, especially a head coach whose background is offense.

"Hey, here's this guy you've never worked with, who really isn't anything special - if we hire you, you HAVE TO keep him in the second most important slot on your coaching staff."

WTF is that even?

I mean, did Dorsey really do that? Or was that a Jimmy Haslam thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Sam Darnold is real good

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at think Sammy shouldn’t have played. He owns.

I love our QB and his beautiful spleen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
THe cowboys lost to the new york jets

See yall next season

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lmfao

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the titans are the loving worst

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

LabyaMynora posted:

It's ridiculous to be hiring a new Head Coach and forcing that condition upon them, especially a head coach whose background is offense.

"Hey, here's this guy you've never worked with, who really isn't anything special - if we hire you, you HAVE TO keep him in the second most important slot on your coaching staff."

WTF is that even?

I mean, did Dorsey really do that? Or was that a Jimmy Haslam thing?

It's been all but confirmed that it was the condition laid down and that was what led Mike to turn down the job. Who laid that down we don't know. Remember Mike called his own plays in Green Bay so it's safe to assume he wanted to continue in Cleveland.

We don't know if that was a condition for other interviews though

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hindsight and all but I'd significantly prefer Fat Mike over Fat Fred.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Can someone post the clip of Witten dropping a pass that was right to him, like he didn't give a poo poo? I think it was from the 1st quarter.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The play he stopped to challenge was also the EXACT loving play he ran right after. The first time it was going to be a loving TD.

Kitchens is the dumbest fucker.

Some real galaxy brain level “they’ll never see this coming logic”.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Feel like I need to say preemptively I think Fat Mike vs Fat Freddie is a wash. Dude lost out on the Jets job to Adam Gase in interviews.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Shindragon posted:

49ers defense was just beautiful today. The goal line stand, and not letting the rams convert any of the 4th downs. Well ok last one was just all Goff. I mean soft/prevent D and he overthrows an easy TD on 4th and 6. Lmao.

Want to re-iterate this, the 49ers defense looked like world beaters today. Multiple clutch plays, nobody could get open Goff was under consistent pressure and just all around good

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kirios posted:

Hindsight and all but I'd significantly prefer Fat Mike over Fat Fred.

Pros and cons.

Fat Mike has experience and won a Super Bowl one time.

However, Freddie will do it for a poo poo ton cheaper AND is easier to dump after one year if it doesn't work out.

Listen, I'm a Packers fan, I'm not saying Fat Mike was going to be the solution to all of the Browns problems. I'm certainly glad GB got rid of him.

BUT, at the same time, telling anyone that in order to be Head Coach there they had to keep Freddie loving Kitchens on as OC is just stupid. It's a dicey move in cases where the OC or DC the team wants to keep is actually really, really good. Doing it for literal schmoe Freddie Kitchens is just so loving self-defeating it's a move that only the Cleveland Browns would make.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

just saw CMC's statline from this week

is that...is that some sort of record?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Feel like I need to say preemptively I think Fat Mike vs Fat Freddie is a wash. Dude lost out on the Jets job to Adam Gase in interviews.

I know nothing, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fat Mike was out there demanding Belichick or even Jon Gruden money.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh god, "Cowgirls" is trending on Twitter right now.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Winning against KC feels good but it’s all worthless unless we can beat the patriots.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Rabble posted:

Winning against KC feels good but it’s all worthless unless we can beat the patriots.

The bigger problem is thanks to the AFC being bad and the patriots playing in the ever-terrible afc east even if you beat them they are likely to get the #1 seed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Kirios posted:

So I looked at the Sunday Night game tonight and...no thanks, I'll go do something else with my time.

Do the Chargers even have enough guys healthy to field a team?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

how are the bills 2nd in the AFC what

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

really queer Christmas posted:

the afc is rear end my dude

Yudo
May 15, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

He became the head coach 'cuz no one who they were interviewing for the head coach spot would take him on as their OC.

IT'S loving BRILLIANT!!!

So he is the second coming of Jim Zorn?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Chiefs live and die by mahomes and he's been hurt.

Houston is absolutely great as long as the opposing team doesn't possess a pass rush.

Ravens might just be good against bad teams? Unclear.

Behold the mighty afc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They don't have to play the 49ers Juggernaut

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Cowboys honestly are fine. They're in a weak division and have the talent to put together a postseason run even if they have a weak season. They just have to watch out for those Eagles.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

would you believe dc is 2 games back

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

LabyaMynora posted:

Pros and cons.

Fat Mike has experience and won a Super Bowl one time.

However, Freddie will do it for a poo poo ton cheaper AND is easier to dump after one year if it doesn't work out.

Listen, I'm a Packers fan, I'm not saying Fat Mike was going to be the solution to all of the Browns problems. I'm certainly glad GB got rid of him.

BUT, at the same time, telling anyone that in order to be Head Coach there they had to keep Freddie loving Kitchens on as OC is just stupid. It's a dicey move in cases where the OC or DC the team wants to keep is actually really, really good. Doing it for literal schmoe Freddie Kitchens is just so loving self-defeating it's a move that only the Cleveland Browns would make.

I don’t know if the Browns dump Kitchens or not after this year. I mean yea he’s bad but we’re still paying Hue, and that’s 3 coaches then to pay at once.

Then again it could be the smart thing to do. Browns aren’t known for their intellectual decision making.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I said a couple of weeks ago the 49ers Dline was going to make QBs poo poo their pants and boy is Goffs pants full of poop right now.

Also Christian McCaffery is a cheat code right now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Well its not like they can catch up, its not like there are 10 more games to play.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vertical Lime posted:

What? That can't be right... *checks standings*

Oh my god. :vince:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

adaz posted:

The bigger problem is thanks to the AFC being bad and the patriots playing in the ever-terrible afc east even if you beat them they are likely to get the #1 seed

I should have been more clear. We’re gonna have to beat the Pats in the playoffs to advance. And yes, the pats probably get 1st seed and home field advantage.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I am quite annoyed about many things about my team and the discourse about my team.

One of the things I'm annoyed about is the people I disagree with are probably right.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

LabyaMynora posted:

Oh god, "Cowgirls" is trending on Twitter right now.

I enjoy Cowbums because it's not gendered or sexist and it reminds you of bums when you say it, which stink, and cow bums at that, which famously stink so bad they contribute to global warming

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

sweet thursday posted:

I enjoy Cowbums because it's not gendered or sexist and it reminds you of bums when you say it, which stink, and cow bums at that, which famously stink so bad they contribute to global warming

I think the biggest burn on the Cowboys is that they are the Cowboys and Jerry Jones is their owner and there's really no living that down.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Silly Burrito posted:

The Saints broke the Cowboys.

Returning the favor from last year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

ARCDad posted:

I don’t know if the Browns dump Kitchens or not after this year. I mean yea he’s bad but we’re still paying Hue, and that’s 3 coaches then to pay at once.

Then again it could be the smart thing to do. Browns aren’t known for their intellectual decision making.

The team is actively worse than it was under Hue right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The team is actively worse than it was under Hue right now.

Phew.

I don't think you can go that far because of the two (2) wins.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hue’s two wins last season were against the Jets and Ravens.

Freddie’s two wins this season are against...the Jets and Ravens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LabyaMynora posted:

I think the biggest burn on the Cowboys is that they are the Cowboys and Jerry Jones is their owner and there's really no living that down.

Jason Garrett as the coach is worse