Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Packers called a timeout. This would have been a free play and the flag isn't thrown until the snap. Not remotely the same thing.

Edit: just read that the Lions got only 58 yards in the second half

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm pretty sure breaking the huddle with too much man is the penalty

I know I've seen the breaking the huddle :flag: before

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It is on offense. On defense it becomes a penalty when the snap is imminent. I dunno when the Packers called a TO though.
On offense, the penalty is called as soon as the 12th man enters the huddle. (breaking the huddle with 12 may be the NCAA or HS rule)

On defense, 12 men is a pre-snap penalty (i.e. throw the flag, stop the clock, and don't let the offense snap the ball) if the extra defenders are "in its formation for more than three seconds, or [...] in its formation and the snap is imminent." If the extra players are running toward the sideline (but don't make it before the snap) it's an offside-style free play. The pre-snap penalty is a 2012 change.

So the Packers didn't really have anyone in formation, since they were so confused, and then they called timeout before the snap, hence no flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU