Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kirios posted:

Freddie Kitchens has to be a one and done coach. He's horrible.

He became the head coach 'cuz no one who they were interviewing for the head coach spot would take him on as their OC.

IT'S loving BRILLIANT!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean would you have hired Fat Mike without an OC

It's ridiculous to be hiring a new Head Coach and forcing that condition upon them, especially a head coach whose background is offense.

"Hey, here's this guy you've never worked with, who really isn't anything special - if we hire you, you HAVE TO keep him in the second most important slot on your coaching staff."

WTF is that even?

I mean, did Dorsey really do that? Or was that a Jimmy Haslam thing?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kirios posted:

Hindsight and all but I'd significantly prefer Fat Mike over Fat Fred.

Pros and cons.

Fat Mike has experience and won a Super Bowl one time.

However, Freddie will do it for a poo poo ton cheaper AND is easier to dump after one year if it doesn't work out.

Listen, I'm a Packers fan, I'm not saying Fat Mike was going to be the solution to all of the Browns problems. I'm certainly glad GB got rid of him.

BUT, at the same time, telling anyone that in order to be Head Coach there they had to keep Freddie loving Kitchens on as OC is just stupid. It's a dicey move in cases where the OC or DC the team wants to keep is actually really, really good. Doing it for literal schmoe Freddie Kitchens is just so loving self-defeating it's a move that only the Cleveland Browns would make.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Feel like I need to say preemptively I think Fat Mike vs Fat Freddie is a wash. Dude lost out on the Jets job to Adam Gase in interviews.

I know nothing, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fat Mike was out there demanding Belichick or even Jon Gruden money.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh god, "Cowgirls" is trending on Twitter right now.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vertical Lime posted:

would you believe dc is 2 games back

What? That can't be right... *checks standings*

Oh my god. :vince:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

sweet thursday posted:

I enjoy Cowbums because it's not gendered or sexist and it reminds you of bums when you say it, which stink, and cow bums at that, which famously stink so bad they contribute to global warming

I think the biggest burn on the Cowboys is that they are the Cowboys and Jerry Jones is their owner and there's really no living that down.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

iwentdoodie posted:

Jason Garrett as the coach is worse

Yes, but why has Jason been there for almost 10 years? Jerry.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

adaz posted:

I'm not sure if this is true but heard the cowboys have the best record in the NFC over the last 10 years

Well when you're always 8-8...

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

I honestly can’t tell if they think the league is actually rigged or just blowing off steam. Like I don’t think the league gains much from giving the pack a 10-6 record and a first round bounce

Aaron Rodgers is a star player. I think that's all it is. Goose sales on jerseys that are already going to sell. You can't make a star out of someone like Mariota, but once a player makes themself a star, ride them as long as you can for as much money as you can.

Also, international gambling through shell corporations. And probably human sex trafficking.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which the league making sure star players don’t get hurt is a conspiracy I’ll believe

Absolutely is. Cam Newton said so. He got hit and asked why no flag, and Ed "Guns" Hochuli told him, "you ain't old enough for that flag." I don't think for a second that Cam made that up. It's too odd and specific.

Like, a hit on a QB is either legal or illegal. There's no clause about age that has poo poo to do with it.

Sneeze on Tom Brady, you get a flag. Maul Cam Newton, and it's cool.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

AsInHowe posted:

If Cam were white, the call would've been made.

That's likely part of it, too, sadly.

I remember Aaron Rodgers getting mugged a few times before the Super Bowl win and thinking it was bullshit the he didn't get a flag. After the Super Bowl, though... things were definitely a bit different.

So, yeah, race is a factor, age is a factor, super-star status is a factor - ain't none of that poo poo in a rulebook. And if there's so many refs in the league, and every ref is somehow on the same page about it? That's a fuckin' conspiracy, man. :tinfoil:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

Weird fact: Rodgers' last four interceptions have all come off of drops from the receiver

I'm pretty sure his only 2 INTs last season where off the hands of Jimmy Graham.

Rodgers good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ironic Twist posted:

Matt Patricia is like if a shower drain was a person

He's worse. Shower drains don't rape people.