Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

The Broncos will be the first truly lovely team that the Titans will lose to this year, so that sucks.

Just wait until Thursday and that'll look a little better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Remember when KC downgrading on defensive talent and grabbing a worse DC was supposed to help them fix the defense

I'm still not sure this is definitively the case. I mean it is, but going on what we knew at the time I'm not sure. I'm also not sure (especially in Ford's case) they'd be any better if they'd kept everything the same. It's mainly a matter of firing a bad DC and hiring another bad DC and changing the roster.

Obviously they should have kept one of Ford or Houston, but getting rid of Berry for Mathieu is an upgrade just based on Mathieu playing. The biggest problem is Frank Clark being trash after being very good, which would have been hard to see coming and is the worst bet Brett Veach has made until proven otherwise.

It appears that the worst thing long term about all this will be the Chiefs will either let Chris Jones walk or be tying up 200 million in a bad defensive line. Letting him walk makes sense when you put it like that, but he's by far the best defensive player the Chiefs have. Oh and he'll be hobbled for quite a while.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I am quite annoyed about many things about my team and the discourse about my team.

One of the things I'm annoyed about is the people I disagree with are probably right.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The team is actively worse than it was under Hue right now.

Phew.

I don't think you can go that far because of the two (2) wins.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Hue’s two wins last season were against the Jets and Ravens.

Freddie’s two wins this season are against...the Jets and Ravens.

poo poo I'd forgotten Hue actually won two last year, I stand corrected.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

not touched?

He was draped by the corner so I have a hard time believing this, but that's like the least way the Lions got screwed.

e:

Hot Diggity! posted:

like all of the weak poo poo to point out that's among the weakest

Yeah it wouldn't have mattered anyway since there was no way the Lions were coming up with a goal line stand.

I guess it's worth noting since they didn't even stop to take a look at it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, I missed this

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/status/1183591411796660224

Rivers god love him (I say that in the most southern way) has always been a cryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Can anyone give me a rundown of the bad calls? I spent the evening studying and working on a paper instead of watching football.

Two illegal hands to the face calls on Detroit on drive killing plays by the defense. Neither actually involved a hand to the face but the GB tackle sold them well. Actually I take that back, he sold the first one well but the second one was just called for no reason.

There was also a clear missed DPI on Green Bay that would have set the Lions up for a nearly game sealing field goal at the least. Detroit didn't challenge but if they did they wouldn't have overturned it anyway I'm sure.