Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Purely for the record, I have little to no antipathy for the refs themselves because how the gently caress can you expect consistently great work from a bunch of high school principals and lawyers and poo poo.

The most important people in the game being paid part-time by the league is a loving embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YodaTFK posted:

Yeah, it's the refs fault the Lions had to settle for 5 field goals.

I mean, 5 field goals would've been enough if the game had been called correctly, so what the gently caress are you talking about?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It applies to the Saints/Rams game as well.

lovely officiating and play can happen in the same game.

Yeah and they actually did something about that, because the Saints are a real team.

This happens to the Lions at least once a year, usually more than that and people just go "eh you should've played better" and everyone forgets about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't be so poo poo that you can lose on 1 bad call. This can be true along with officiating being poo poo.

How about 3+ bad calls?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You mean like the Browns Raiders game last year? Dude it still applies. Just because you're a Lions fan that just got jobbed doesn't mean your redzone offense wasn't utter trash.

MJeff posted:

I mean, 5 field goals would've been enough if the game had been called correctly, so what the gently caress are you talking about?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't have 12 men on the field, Packers settle for a field goal, Lions win despite incompetence

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1183915271091900416

Both don't be stupid and refs suck are true

You're trying, I'll give you that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Saying "refs are bad, but" lets the NFL off the hook. I'm tired of the NFL getting let off the hook for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Q_res posted:

It allowed the Packers to run the clock down and ensure Detroit couldn't get the ball back after the FG which they would have if that play had been called correctly.

It's not like this Matt Stafford guy is known for comebacks or anything....