Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
And the thing about Jones is that, as good of a pass rusher as he is, he's flat out awful as a run defender. And you kinda need a DT to be able to do things against the run.

that being said I don't think Spags is that much worse a DC than Sutton was, if at all. The Chiefs just kind of stink all around on D and trading for Clark was a huge mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LiquidFriend posted:

I think at this point, you gotta look at Andy Reid.

He's a good coach, but I don't think he's putting out his best effort this year. The Chiefs had the showings of a not spectacular, but at least a solid enough Defensive unit to get forward.

This Defense has gone in reverse instead and the Offense is right along with them. It's easy to blame Spagnuolo, and he's not good, but poo poo maybe look at the guy that's doing a 4:1 pass run ratio with a QB that has a gimpy ankle.

This isn't a fire Andy Reid post, but heck I really don't know what they're going to do.

They really badly miss Eric Fisher more than anything else on offense, I think. He's a solid LT in a league where that's hard to come by and obviously a huge sight better than Cam Erving, who's only really adequate in spot duty. I do agree that the Chiefs probably should run the ball more, since Mahomes isn't 100%. But their o-line is mostly just kind of junky right now from injuries and your best bet is for them to get healthy by December.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

The score makes this game look like not the absolute rear end beating it actually was.

2018 was a fluke and these are the real Chargers.

Maybe next year we can draft some offensive linemen. You know, the thing that Telesco hasn't drafted in the first three rounds in 6 years

They drafted Fluker in the first and promptly ruined him because Mike McCoy was a dogshit coach, ergo, never draft offensive linemen in the first ever again. Gotta blow another first drafting a CB from a Texas school who's made of glass, etc.

Honestly it should've been obvious that the season was hosed once Russell Okung went down, because Telesco did basically nothing to address the o-line outside of taking a guy in the 3rd as a project, and when the gently caress has that worked out for the Chargers in recent years?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Keenan Allen

I meant o-line but that's fair, certainly.