Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sean10mm posted:

The refs will always suck rear end, I'm afraid the best we can hope for is they suck faster, and the PI review cluster gently caress is the opposite of that so it made things even worse.

if you're at home and can see they hosed up a call before the next play the NFL could do it just as quickly if they wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Can anyone give me a rundown of the bad calls? I spent the evening studying and working on a paper instead of watching football.

the refs (incorrectly) flagged flowers for illegal hands to the face twice on third down stops. one eventually led to a TD and the other led to the game-winning FG. on the first one rodgers had been sacked for an 11 yard loss on 3rd and 10. second one was 3rd and 4 and put them in FG range and allowed them to burn off the rest of the clock.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 15, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that is incredible.

Rad Valtar posted:

The second illegal hands to the face was still bad but not as much because it made the field goal at the end easier.

and left no time on the clock.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't think they actually reviewed it.

every scoring play is reviewed by the replay official.