Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Seahawks... good?

Nah

Russell Wilson... good?

Yeah that makes more sense

Brown's are a botched abortion from a meth addict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The officiating will stay bad until morale improves

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1183485989257469953

also you loving suck Freddie

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

He became the head coach 'cuz no one who they were interviewing for the head coach spot would take him on as their OC.

IT'S loving BRILLIANT!!!

I mean would you have hired Fat Mike without an OC

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

He took a timeout on a play that would've given them a TD to challenge a play that he then lost. The next play the Browns turned over on downs. It was at the goal line.

The play he stopped to challenge was also the EXACT loving play he ran right after. The first time it was going to be a loving TD.

Kitchens is the dumbest fucker.

Kirios posted:

Freddie Kitchens has to be a one and done coach. He's horrible.

The above and the Browns are the most penalized team in the league. Bakers ridiculous regression aint helping.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

It's ridiculous to be hiring a new Head Coach and forcing that condition upon them, especially a head coach whose background is offense.

"Hey, here's this guy you've never worked with, who really isn't anything special - if we hire you, you HAVE TO keep him in the second most important slot on your coaching staff."

WTF is that even?

I mean, did Dorsey really do that? Or was that a Jimmy Haslam thing?

It's been all but confirmed that it was the condition laid down and that was what led Mike to turn down the job. Who laid that down we don't know. Remember Mike called his own plays in Green Bay so it's safe to assume he wanted to continue in Cleveland.

We don't know if that was a condition for other interviews though

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Feel like I need to say preemptively I think Fat Mike vs Fat Freddie is a wash. Dude lost out on the Jets job to Adam Gase in interviews.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

ARCDad posted:

I don’t know if the Browns dump Kitchens or not after this year. I mean yea he’s bad but we’re still paying Hue, and that’s 3 coaches then to pay at once.

Then again it could be the smart thing to do. Browns aren’t known for their intellectual decision making.

The team is actively worse than it was under Hue right now.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

poo poo I'd forgotten Hue actually won two last year, I stand corrected.

Don't forget the tie.

Hue Jackson 2018: 2-3-1
Freddie Kitchens 2019: 2-4

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

LA loves reboots for 4 months at a time

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Lions got jobbed

Matt Patricia should get jobbed every week

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

What a stupid loving argument.

It applies to the Saints/Rams game as well.

lovely officiating and play can happen in the same game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

Yeah and they actually did something about that.

If you mean made officiating worse then yes they did

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

This is so dumb lol.

Teams have to play perfect and if not then its their fault the nfl is a rigged sport designed to funnel money to the rich and powerful. how dare people try and enjoy themselves in their off moments producing more numbers so old wrinkled billionaires to shove more cocaine in their dicks.

Browns blew a 20 point lead and the refs sucked. You can't blame the entire thing on the refs.

The Lions playing soccer didn't have anything to do with the refs

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

The refs are poo poo in every game, but blatant phantom calls or no calls in the most crucial situations constantly is hosed! Yes, the Lions should have turned more FGs into TDs, but in the world where the refs dont literally put the game in their hands - maybe that is enough to squeak a win. I didn't watch the whole of the browns game, but its harder to blame refs when kitchens hosed himself out of a TD to challenge a play, lose the challenge, call the same play and then get stuffed, and also for Baker to throw like 2 or 3 INTs.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1183531994338201600
https://twitter.com/SirYacht/status/1183463772347928577

Don't be so poo poo that you can lose on 1 bad call. This can be true along with officiating being poo poo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

How about 3+ bad calls?

You mean like the Browns Raiders game last year? Dude it still applies. Just because you're a Lions fan that just got jobbed doesn't mean your redzone offense wasn't utter trash.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Browns would've won the Raiders and Seahawks game if they'd been called correctly to. Doesn't mean coaches and players didn't suck. How is it that hard to accept that both these things can be true?

At this rate I want the Lions to get jobbed the rest of the season for the tantrums

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Don't have 12 men on the field, Packers settle for a field goal, Lions win despite incompetence

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1183915271091900416

Both don't be stupid and refs suck are true

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I really don't get how yall are stuck on this being an entirely binary thing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

Saying "refs are bad, but" lets the NFL off the hook. I'm tired of the NFL getting let off the hook for this.

It doesn't. Yes the refs can improve and so can the people on the field. That ended up being a game changing mistake and so were the blown calls.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

"If you didn't want to lose the game due to disastrously bad calls you should have played better" is an incredibly dumb response because every team should play better all the time, and is, in fact, trying to. The Packers should have played better so they didn't need two phantom penalties to steal a win.

What content do you think you're adding when people complain that the refs suck and it affects their enjoyment of the game and you respond with "maybe the team should have won by 40, ever think of that?!"

An echo chamber of "refs suck" is enjoyable and good content?

"The Packers stole a win" yes it's the packers fault, it's anyone else's fault for everything. You're saying I expect teams to be perfect while complaining the refs aren't. Do you see the problem? Do you think any ref outside Riveron is trying to actively suck at their job? It must be super rad for them to get death threats from angry super fans. This is all extremely illuminating, you should really have a radio show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Cool then we'd be complaining about officials taking all this time with reviews on things that aren't even reviewable currently. The officials on the field aren't actively trying to gently caress this up for us. Look at the league office and Riveron (who handles what actually gets reviewed) for the fixes. Hell the rules committee (which includes coaches) set up the PI review crap that everyone knew was going to go bad and has managed to go bad in ways nobody saw coming.