Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I love how good Zachtronics games are at reinforcing how stupid I really am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

I can't wait until the chromatic aberration effect goes away.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

it's a terrible board game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

It's like if you gave The Witness good writing.

You have my attention.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Picked up Filament. It's loving hard. Wow. Or I'm just a dumbass. Good though. Wish there was more music. The 1st floor song is really starting to get on my nerves.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

It's on sale at GMG for $12 btw. Wish I had waited 12 hours to buy it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Womyn Capote posted:

Even at 15 bux I can really recommend Intergalactic Fishing on Steam. A lot of it might be nostalgia for the old ANSI fishing games of the early 90s.

Oh man. This is just what I needed.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

whoa, sick deadcells-like you got there

A person having a stroke on youtube posted:

Stay away from this game is not good at all Look at the metacritics and you will see the one who got the reviews they managed to accumulate a score of three which means you have to put a lot and not to lose your hair more 0 times blocked the reviews I can no longer give a review what is there see and ready It's not a good game is a game like Mario game where you go lose and breastfeeding from the beginning of the year go the summer of the loss and take you from the beginning So something you can't because not everyone has the same gameplay the same agility the idiot who started this game is just as idiotic as the three-point game😥🤦🤥😞😱🎮
stay away from this mess if you don't want to break your nerves today

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

xcom but as pmc war criminals is an interesting concept but i don't know that i'd ever actually want to play it.
:emptyquote:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Blind Drive came out a couple of days ago. It's a game played entirely with audio. You are hijacked and blindfolded and forced to drive 2 Fast 2 Furious just using audio cues. Apparently a great game for non-sighted people as well. Pretty cool idea and I love the fact that it's so accessible.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Gonna vote against this one because a key item you get off a boss is panties that are described as being stained yellow.

Color me surprised...

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Play posted:

Super Robot Wars 30 is a tactical RPG featuring famous mechas from anime and games from Bandai Namco. Seems to be a series maybe, I've never played any of them.
You could say that. There's like, ~50 games in the series at this point.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Did they even have video games 30 years ago?

Nah. We just rolled a big hoop down the road with a stick.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

gently caress that poo poo

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Oh man, Exo One is finally launching on 11/18! Been waiting on this for a long-rear end time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVRaIAq0YH8

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

So, it's like a retro-er Deathstate without the polish?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

treat posted:

I don't know what Deathstate is but I'm gonna say this vampire poo poo is easily the better game based on how I bought it yesterday morning then spent 54% of my workday getting no actual work done. It fires those idle game synapses as you rapidly grow into a powerhouse and it feels real satisfying when you're carving through clouds of monsters like butter and sucking up gems like a shopvac.

Deathstate is good and IIRC goon-made.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

codo27 posted:

Are there any shooters out there that aren't BRs or CoD that are worth a gently caress right now? Fast paced, action oriented is what I'm looking for. Tried Halo, didn't like the ttk

I mean, boomer shooters are pretty drat big right now. Dusk and all those, ya know?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Yeah. I'm kinda stuck on the trick where you swap cards from a second deck and then later have to remove those same cards because I can't remember for poo poo.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

This game is real loving good. It's the perfect bite-sized roguelite shooty game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Oenis posted:

It's also way harder than the 10 minute demo. The second miniboss (the bull rush demon) is one hell of a bullet sponge and I find him impossible to dodge unless I have the movement speed perk. Also it used to be way easier to become unkillable with the heal from fire damage perk. Haven't finished a run in something like 10 attempts. Maybe I'm just bad, but it's still fun as hell. Post strats if you got 'em.

Grenade launcher, split shot and splinter = monster popcorn. Do not get reaper bullets with it though.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1814170/Lingo/

Not exactly a 'fresh' release, but also a pretty unknown game. Despite the fact that it looks like it was built in minecraft it's got solid gameplay, playing like a mixture of antichamber, the witness, and a crossword puzzle. As one of the 2 people who have actually gotten the mastery achievement, I'd say it's worth the 5 dollar summer sale price. 4/1

Seemed interesting so I picked it up. The controls are a bit wonky. If you press forward and strafe at the same time, then release forward you just stop moving. That really fucks me up for some reason. Some of these puzzles are really obtuse as well. Do the pictures on the wall mean anything or are they just intended for orienting yourself?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Eschatos posted:

Potionomics is extremely good. Check it out.
How much dating sim/vn stuff is in it? That's really not my bag.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

The Case of the Golden Idol is so drat good. I wish it were 4 times as long, but it's totally worth it regardless.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

A change I'd love to see on Goblin Bet would be for the bettors to be able to somehow influence the skill choice of the monster they bet on. Maybe give a list of of the skills under the char sheet during the fight and you can cheer for one of them. Most cheers = better RNG chance to pick it or something like that. Last night I got to watch a warlock attempt to club something to death instead of just eldritch blasting its rear end.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

my bad

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Aces & Adventures just released at a nice discount. It is being touted as a Slay The Spire + Poker deckbuilder. Seems solid - gonna give it a go.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Sucks that they don't give owners of the original a discount or a free upgrade, especially considering that mp never really worked.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Balatro
No reviews but people really liked the demo. 10% launch discount.
I played the demo for about 10 hours. Don't sleep on this, it's really good.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

God drat I miss Asherons call
AC was the first MLM someone ever tried to sell me.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Looks like it's kind of like Fights In Tight Spaces, just dice instead of cards and no slick graphics?
No, it's more like the Dark Souls of VN high school dating games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007