Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I got through stage 1 with only dying once. Against "basic" enemies, if you hold parry and press down, this helps you avoid high attacks. It's seems more like a fighting game, where you find openings, strike and stop when the opponent starts to block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

anatomi posted:

Does Ghostwire Tokyo have its own thread yet? Haven't read/seen any goonpinions about it.

It's FarCry: Tokyo without the hijinks of Farcry. Neat theme and if you like Japan you may like this.

Overall the game is "bland". Bland story about a dude trying to save his sister, bland map where you go to a shrine to unlock areas of the map (And several, several, SEVERAL collectibles). Combat is serviceable, but you don't get to experiment much.

I think people who can buy in to the concept, and stay invested despite the blandness, will enjoy the game.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

codo27 posted:

Might I add I'm primarily looking for active multiplayer. Not SP

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodhunt is a battle royale, pretty quick and fast

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

skeleton warrior posted:

It is absolutely possible to gently caress up and not win it, and have to go back days in saves to do better.

With potionomics I'd point out the game is quite buggy. There is an issue with loading saves, especially if you had press escape to go to the title menu.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 is out on Game Pass. Developed by CyberConnect2, world-famous for Tail Concerto, Solatorobo: Red the Hunter, and the DotHack games. It's a turn-based JRPG with furries in a giant tank. Some nice mechanics like passive effects on back-line party members which power up with social links.

I haven't played Fuga 2, but one of the draws of Fuga 1 was the story, which revolved around kids going to war and being helped by a magical tank that was fueled by the blood of children. You could sacrifice one of the children to win boss battles.

The story wasn't too grim dark though, as the 100% ending revolves around all the children surviving.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Can we keep the thread on topic and talk about New Releases?

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

More importantly, there is no stat drain in Punch Club 2

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

yeah, i think it's fair to refer to that as being a sex pest.

But can we connect him to Russian Oligarchs?

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

There was more fervour and arguments generated in this thread when someone objected to a game cause it could be connected to Russian Ogliarchs, then over The Book Of Hours

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

ymgve posted:

if your entire marketing relies on staying on steam's new & trending, you're gonna have a bad time

Agreed. Feels a bit rage clicky. You could just as easily blame WWE2K24 for bumping the game off.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Morpheus posted:

Wait so the girls are guns, but they also have guns? Are the guns they have also girls?

.... I shamefully got into Girls Frontline. The actual "World building" is neat. Basically robots were a thing, mostly used for labour/maid cafes. Then war occurred, and they had to "graft" guns onto these robots, so they could participate in the war. Hence why you have "Girls" that are called the M1 Garand. If it wasn't for the gacha and the weird idol thing, Girls Frontline has a cool dystopian slant to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Lord Koth posted:

one that'd be potentially able to sell well at that

Source required on that last bit of info. Looking at the game, I would probably bounce off the demo.