Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Night Runners just released its free demo on Steam.

Night Runners is a Tokyo Xtreme Racer like game where you build your car and attempt to get away from your debt to the Yakuza. It takes a look at the more slimy, criminal side of the Japanese street racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Bootstrap Island just came into EA,.for those looking for VR releases.
As far as I can tell it has some sorta 17th century robinson cursor kinda thing going on, I guess.
I just do some art for them, haven't played it past very early alpha.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

bitterandtwisted posted:

Fwiw you can change the settings so abandoning a run doesn't lose any loot

Does this option also change so when you die you keep all the loot you had?
Lack of ability to quit on saving is one of the main reasons I haven't gotten it either. It is espeially weird when dev is saying autosave on quit is super cheesable and goes against the core design of the game. Despite me not being able to remember a single roguelike that doesn't save on quit, no matter how cheap and lovely it is and you being able to turn off even player damage and death.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Someone posted a workaround in the reviews. Load the steam store in your browser. You can hit f12 in type this in the console tab to add just Red Alert 2 to your cart. It shows up bugged in the checkout screen but it goes through fine:
code:
addToCart(799317);
You can see the equivalent numbers for the other games at here, as the subID under "Packages included in this bundle".

I would suggest that you guys support indie developers and buy that potion game, but you can't hear me over the sound of all the tesla coil zapping.

I was gonna get the bundle to play through all the games again but they install bloatware as well.

Gonna just pirate them all since I have legal copies anyway from better times.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

The Outpost reviews seem to be bad mostly from people misunderstanding the game and not playing past first 10 minutes. I am curious about the game and will be checking it out.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Hwurmp posted:

how simulatory is it, on a scale from Flight to Goat

That's quite a narrow scale as goats really be like that and flight sim is no falcon.
(Goat sim 2 was a travesty and spat in the face of known goats behaviors. The studio really lost their way.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Looks good. Added to wishlist and will be waiting for it to grow a bit