Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I want to see those for Schmidt. (Is "punchably" a word?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I'm actually buying healing items this time around. Holy crap

The drops feel oddly clustered. I bought a couple of revives, then ended up in an area where every right seemed to drop a few.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Uff at a certain optional duel at beginning of Chapter 2.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Do Arts ever become good? I remember nuking enemies in 2 with Emma, but with them not lowering the break gauge they don't seem worth it.

At the very least they become good when using Rean's 2BP order and your guest party includes Emma, Alisa, and (later chapter 2 spoiler): Olivier Lenheim.

A lot comes down to whether you have the art element that particular enemy has weakness against, and some enemies do have very high DEF.
Also I am curious at how the 2nd-level bells work out.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Logicblade posted:

Whoever Cedric's VA is did a drat good job.

I loving hate Cedric.

Did noone teach him that steroids are bad?

Fie will be so disappointed.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Is it even possible to have 7 superb dishes by the time you hit Crossbell for that quest?

I managed it later in the day, and I was mostly money/ingredients limited.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
One thing I'd like to mention WRT to builds that took me a while to notice: the break quartz series is a thing.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Ash's quartz is pretty useful, too.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
There is also the odd difficulty effect where portions where Rean is with old class vii or supposedly-overpowered allies can be much tougher since you can't Sledgehammer.... especially against enemies with power-up state.
Like Gaius's order is 4BP, and has a smaller break bonus. Yeah, it also throws in a big heal, but that doesn't help me if I am at 3bp, does it?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Characters should not have two nicknames, pick one of the almighty conflagration or the blazing demon and stick with it.

I think it's supposed to be based on which form he is, but I agree it's confusing, especially since it feels backwards? And also the most appropriate title for Shirley is not one of the two she has, but one Ash coined: Little Miss warcrimes.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Death Priest posted:

I've been meaning to ask for a while but is this game dropping frames like crazy for everyone ? Trying to figure out if my ps4 (not pro) is about to kick the bucket.

Yep. It also makes my PS4 (not pro) sound like it is about to kick the bucket, so I am not sure if it should be a cause for relief.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

How good are Ash and Musse? I just got them but I find myself sticking to the characters I already have.

Take a look at their master quartz, at the very least.

Edit: Ash also gets a very nice advanced break craft, which combined with Rean's vortex and of course Sledgehammer can chew through boss's break gauge very quickly.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 1, 2019

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I wonder what Freddie's ultimate food creation does? Its description is the same as his 4th, so it's probably a mistake.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Finished it.

Never saw a game have a "don't despair" disclaimer at the end, and, uhm, kinda need it, plot wise. This one finishes with things in a way rougher spot than either Sky FC or Cold Steel I....

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

End of game spoilers:

I don't believe Olivier is loving dead!

...By which I literally mean that I don't believe it. Except for Loewe no major character has ever died in this series. After Crow's treatment in this game, there's zero chance the victims of the final fight don't just pop right back up in CS IV.

Are you saying The Faceless
wasn't a major character?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

What's everybody's VM strategy been so far? My big thing is getting a Blyx or two on the back row and throwing blazes at them while also buffing them with my Knight Master. Have yet to find a fight I couldn't win with that strat so far.

Speaking of VM I lost it when (chapter 3) Rutger revealed that he had been holding back a winning hand the whole time, even in the loving MINI GAME the villains find a way to pull that poo poo.

I just used the ranger master, which is probably not too different in practice?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Is it just me, or does Ash kind of suck? Like, his stats seem fine, and his Brave Order is really good and pays for itself, but his crafts never have a chance to actually hit the area they say they do, and cost too much. And then for some reason his default placement is in the back?

His single-target craft does great break damage. Yeah, the AOEing is a weakness, though, especially with how many group boss fights there are.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

They have, but I didn't know jaeger meant that. Neat little nod, though.

I just wasn't completely sure since that first scene is all of 30 seconds and I legitimately could not remember what he looked like. He must have been wearing a different outfit, too.

He didn't have the overcoat with the giant Zephyr logo on it the first time you see him, for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
'cause the series likes to see Rean suffer?