Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just that shes super strong because the trails series has tons of ridiculously strong people who are stronger than the previously super strong people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Everyone else has character flaws and/or pathos. Even McBurn, Cassius, Sharon......

Aurelia is presented similar to the psychopath from Battle Royale, without being a psychopath. Being written without a soul only works if you're presented as not having one

Edit:
A left field reveal that Aurelia is a reborn Dreichels and not Rean, Osborne, or Olivier, would honestly kind of own, though.
What on earth

Shes insanely overambitious to the point of literally never being satisfied

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

That's like a thing you put on a job interview as a biggest flaw to hide where all the bodies are.
what

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aurelia is less ridiculous than cassius or leonhardt and the game doesnt give her a stupidly angsty backstory or dedicate half the plot to everyone talking about how everything would be resolved if she was around so yeah i still dont get what people's issue with her is

and 'sue' is a sexist slur designed to limit the roles women can have in fiction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, the japanese cold steel player base would love to be part of Rean's harem.

For real. I'm pretty sure the player self insert here is Musse, not rean. Like ive been to comiket and lemme tell you they sure werent making sexy sara doujins

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 2, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Japan having poo poo taste in waifus is nothing new.
no im saying they were making sexy rean doujins

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's always been insanely common in the Japanese, the xseed TLs just edited a lot of them out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well i liked the first panel of the joke, unfortunately the last two panels sucked

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Lavender posted:

Some dialogue choices in this game are driving me nuts. I cannot believe how much they have women comment on how pretty other women are.
yeah i know its great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

In my experience, Japanese is a very dry language. When I listen to something with Japanese audio, while I can't understand it without subs, there are certain phrases and patterns which are extremely common and predictable.
What you're mostly experiencing is just 'stock' Japanese writing. if you watched a bunch of hollywood movies, even without knowing English, you'd notice a lot of similar phrases. It's the same thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you want to experience weird-rear end Japanese, listen to the JP voice acting for one of the voiced Wild Arms games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

xseed is basically dead. the series is never going back to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Really, I wouldn't call the localization garbage, its just that it clearly needed another editing pass to unify everything and snip out repetitive stuff. The underlying translation of the main stuff is mostly fine.