Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I need new workout shorts or something. It’s been too drat hot that I put off playing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

Decided the game didn't know any better and got thru 2 stages anyway, but oh god gently caress mountain climbers

Perhaps the game & I were both right AND wrong all along !!

I think my last session ended around that same part.

Is there some kinda trick to doing thigh presses without losing grip on the ring? It’s not even that hard to do but the dang thing slips and I think I’ve seen people on twitch playing that have the same issue.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I beat the arm guys parachute thing yesterday. The day before I tried twice and I guess I was making bigger movements than I needed. It was annoying me because I wanted to complete it but physically hurting lol

Landing the last drop is a big points thing and I missed it my first tries which didn’t help.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
The difficulty setting it keeps bugging you about will also tweak the amount of reps.

I increased mine because I felt like it was good but not as challenging after I got to like level 50, but then I unlocked the ab stuff where you are laying down like flutter kicks and whatever and after a few sets of those I could barely get through the end of them. So I guess I need to work those muscles more but it also was giving me more reps at the same time.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I recommend a tri-fold thick exercise mat over a yoga mat. It's so much more comfortable and I haven't had any sliding issues.

I gotta get one of those. It was worse in summer when I was sweating more, but I kinda worry more about what my downstairs neighbors are hearing as I jump all around. Thankfully for them it’s just for a short while in the middle of the day.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
It’s such a mixed bag covering strength training stuff, aerobic exercise, and flexibility/balance. I was able to go for longer sessions when I kept doing the same stuff every time, but the campaign throws new things at you. So I let the difficulty go up a bit and am doing more exercises I found difficult to do instead of going for endurance.

I was thinking the other day it would be cool if they made a eShop game in a different style that used the controllers. Like make a rhythm/dance game, or just some kind of yoga focused relaxing thing.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I passed level 100 the other day and I am at the stage with the stone statues. I went to play one of them and I ended up doing like 80 squats and hit my limit. Barely finished the level and called it a day afterwards.

I think its good to get that stuff in and the core exercises, but my sessions have been light on cardio the past week or so.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I guess I didn’t read that properly and yesterday I beat it with one or two stages left.

I had to do that moving platform squat area like 4 or 5 times to get it right before I got to him.

I’m not so worried about not getting xp in this game. Even if I fail and have to redo a level I still get the workout. I’ve only failed a level once, and had to abandon one time when I was feeling ill and couldn’t finish it.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
For a long while I didn’t realize when it asks if you want to stop and do the cool down it was based on the 10 minute mark. I had been increasing the difficulty level instead of going for longer sessions till someone on here pointed that out. Now I’ve started shooting for 20 minutes and keeping the same difficulty level.

The skill tree has a lot of garbage on it for me at this point. I have a selection of exercises that are in the 400 and 500 damage range but there’s ones on there in the 200 I have to waste skill points on just to get something else I might not even need.
Not a big deal for battles, but I would like to get some better ones that aren’t drat squats all the time. I’ve been slacking on the core exercises and had to make sure. I put some in again.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I took so long off that because I’m on Finalia or whatever it is (guessing it’s the last level unless there is a surprise) it made me do like 80 squats after not working out for a few months. I was super sore for 2-3 days but I got in like 3 or 4 sessions so far this past week. I’ve just been going back to previous levels and knocking out unfinished quests and stuff.

I basically set a to-do on my phone every day that goes off and reminds me to work out. Some days I was going to skip and I just said what the hell might as well and worked out anyway.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I beat the final boss last week. The workout was nearly 30 minutes long (in game exercise time). I kept wanting to give up but the game gave me second chance after second chance so I kept going. I had half a heart left at the end.

Now I am going back and doing 20 minutes or more of clearing out the side quest kinda stuff. The annoying one I can't do is those fan things where you wack the disks the robots throw at you. The tracking seems so slow when it does them back to back.

I'm just going to leave them and go back later for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I am getting close to beating the new game plus. I didn’t 100% everything because the fan walking game is annoying and I didn’t have the patience for it.

I’ve been doing more VR fitness to get in cardio but still will throw this game in for the resistance exercises. I wish the stuff outside the campaign built the warm up and cool down.

I wish they would do some kinda DLC with new story and exercises. When you max out tue skill tree some of them are just more powerful and the you end up missing out on some muscles unless you make a point of doing them.

Anyway, it’s still good and got me into working out regularly. Especially how I’m tracking it with my Apple Watch I’m keeping up my streaks.