Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
After a weird mismatch of shipping dates, I will finally get to try it out later. I have been on a large weight loss diet and want to vary my exercises, since everywhere is needlessly closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

clopping and cumming posted:

“Needlessly”?
The governor got sick after breaking his own rule on having parties with dozens of people in a closed space and closed businesses right after. Businesses were open for months before then.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mordiceius posted:

Are you trying to say that all businesses should just be open... during a pandemic?
It was ok when the governor thought so, for half the year. I am just saying he got sick for breaking his rules.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Had to set it to Moderate exercise because I was starting to get faint. Stomach wasn't feeling the best, but all the moves except one were done correctly. That Knee to Chest routine wouldn't count as Great and it was hard to do. I'll look up a video.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a setting to adjust the screen size? The edges are stretching out by a few inches and I can't see my health or level.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Thanks

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I had to toe lock my feet to master the Knee to Chest.
That heart monitor is worthless. I used breathing exercises to get over being dizzy after the 15 minute mark and the rate is around 60 each time I measure. I can wring out my shirt after beating Dragaux. A much better overall workout than World 1.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Lester Shy posted:

Just picked this up the other day and I'm really liking it. I've lost about 90 pounds over the past few years from diet alone, but I've always struggled to incorporate exercise into my routine. The stationary bike was just mindnumbingly boring, and going for a walk everyday is nice, except when it's freezing outside, so this is a good way to get in some exercise every day.

How many active minutes do you all try to do each day? I'm only into the third world right now and I'm generally just following the game's suggestions on when to stop for the day, which usually comes out to about 12-15 minutes of active time. It would feel more natural to do a whole world at a time, but I don't know if that would be too much.

Edit: Oh yeah, my friend code is SW-7035-6911-2618 if anybody here uses the social features on this game.
Great job.

I noticed that there are experience medals waaay off on some mountains and the pathing won't let me near it. Is that a NG+ area?
What exactly can I vacuum/blow for benefits besides rings, wood panels, xp medals, and souls of animals?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 13, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the process of connecting your Nintendo account? Not the one where you need a Wii U or 3DS. I would like to get a friend code as well.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am curious how much numbers matter after equipping new clothes. It is like there was no change unless Dragaux would have oneshot me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Friend Code is SB-7378-2371-4164

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 16, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is it normal to be extremely over leveled in the story mode?

Will that come back to bite me somehow?
The first set of clothing upgrades give you about 5+ levels in stats and Dragaux still took out more than half my hearts in one hit. You get more out of your stats by sucking down smoothies, which you can stack.

Lester Shy posted:

How many active minutes do you all try to do each day? I'm only into the third world right now and I'm generally just following the game's suggestions on when to stop for the day, which usually comes out to about 12-15 minutes of active time. It would feel more natural to do a whole world at a time, but I don't know if that would be too much.
I decided on when my legs give out. Dashing really is the hardest exercise to do with this big body.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It took three days to completely recover from planking. There was what felt like a small ball of lingering pain that would scream if I tried anything to it. It only started hurting after waking up the next day and sliding off the bed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

organburner posted:

That means it's working. Or you hosed something up.

Pain is good except when it's bad.

Now do mountain climbers and planks in the same session.
I did that yesterday. I can get used to planks at some point. Not only did I almost fail that introductory mission in the world with the masters, I also forgot to calibrate and my squats almost caused a redo. I'll remember to calibrate from now on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finished off Armando with two planks. My arms were not good enough for his missions. My levels are turning enemy attacks into fractions of a point and two healing moves that won't be needed for a long time at this rate.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Shoes are a hindrance for me. Try out shoes and another pair of socks if you are hurting and/or try the alternate moving method which is like mini squats. Might help to add another day between sessions. Gains, not pains.

I switched to weaker clothes to make up for the reduced challenge and I can't risk dropping my attack now that gold enemies have appeared. Feels good to see enemies are now a threat. I understand what the four exercise marathon stage expects of me. I have to spread my legs to get a deeper squat and mountain climbers need me to stretch out for a better score. World 5 is like the start of getting a real workout and I am next to the difficulty the game started me out on.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 26, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think it was called Dolphin Pose.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It should also increase the expected time needed to complete stages.
Spitballing here: Might also affect the density of objects you need to destroy for certain stages and their scores. The Mountain Climber introduction needing far fewer points.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do I have to farm early stages for bananas or will the store eventually sell those sesame smoothies?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am noticing some exercises are capped a bit below max level or require several levels to raise. I was worried level 30 would be too much so soon. Better to work on endurance than upping reps.
I have the recipe for blueberry pop and still no apple juice. I can probably crush apples into a pulp with my thighs at this point.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I tried something different today and grinded on a stage with bananas, the one with the thief birds, since bananas only exist in one world. It had a bit of everything in it to make it a great workout for burning over 400 calories a session and trying out the harder exercises on the two easy encounters (Use your old equipment and weakest skills for maximum reps). You can also farm phosphophyllite for upgrades or money. It's always leg day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can not bother using Ab Guard or wear starter gear. Enemies take out 2-3 hearts per hit near your level.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Multitask mode gave me a ton of stuff. I won't be ignoring that mode anymore. That is way too much.
Decided to do that drat robot game and got a perfect. Things are looking up.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 3, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can shoot the chest to stop it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Always be blowing or sucking. Work those arms during leg day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am going to get that title for Mountain Climbers and forget it forever. drat thing just doesn't register correctly to be useful and hearing wet slap sounds is distracting.
Those hornbill enemies can summon rares and I got three levels from one stage because of them. Maybe kill them last so they also buff up everyone so you get more reps in.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hear 15 minutes is the sweet spot. Have the difficulty be the same. Push on either if you don't feel satisfied.

Don't worry about being overleveled. I am approaching 15 levels above and I am wearing my basic gear. If I want more challenge, I can refuse to block.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finally got a chance to use my weakest healing skill at World 7 and was disappointed it healed as much as what five monsters can do to a no effort block. I am at my minimum aside from using the starter skills to lower my damage further.
Does that peach drink count as a free revive after you lose all your hearts or do you have to drink it before you fail?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dragaux managed to take off five hearts in one hit. That would have been real bad if it wasn't a battle where he healed me. Might have been able to keep me in a heal spiral if he kept it up.
I finally got an Arm Rush and it is everything I didn't know I wanted. Only got 70 hits because I was so worn down at that point.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Decided to start over to measure my progress from last month and got twice as far and at my usual level. Everything was easier to do and the stretches didn't wear me out.
Doing the offline reps don't reward you any ingredients until you unlock them. I guess they are also unlocked according to game progress.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Chair poses are going to take forever to get the title for them. Doing so many is probably making my knees hurt so much the next morning. I should take an extended break and swap them out.
The experience tracker for the Dragaux stages are awfully inflated. World 3 is over 7000xp and I didn't get nearly so much nor take 17 minutes to do them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If your knees hurt after Chair you’re doing it wrong... make sure your knees aren’t going past your toes. You also aren’t trying to do a full squat where your thighs are horizontal. Definitely look up a YouTube vid to see a good example so you don’t hurt your joints!
Must be the sensor then. It wants me to go too low to pose.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The stated levels for World 4 are off. The stage before Dragaux is mostly right, then the alternate path put it several levels down, but the fights are with boosted enemies compared to World 3. Just a nitpick.

edit: found out

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 24, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I have been spending an hour with ring presses during leg days and I am feeling great. It now feels like the arms are getting as much of a workout as the legs. Mood has also been improving after a workout instead of feeling down and exhausted. Also hit the halfway point of my weight loss and overcame my plateau.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't do anything special since it is just for arms and mechanically do them while watching a movie. I alternate a couple positions to get around any tiredness and continually work them without stopping. I picked an hour because that is my limit.

1. Standard two-hand wind blow you do to break boxes. Try it over your head.
2. Pushing down on either side of the neck.
3. Ab presses. Tighten that gut first.
4. Press the ring on either thigh.
5. One handed press with the ring against your shoulder and flexing. Be careful with this one or you can sprain it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Mountain Climbers are getting easier. Just need to get the timing down to get through them faster, because my old way is not fun at all.
I didn't want to use items beyond the sesame and milk pudding as a self-imposed challenge, but the special enemies keep running away after one turn and I am not strong enough to OHKO them. Might as well ignore them for now.

Are people talking about the later versions of Dreadmill being terrible?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was fooled a second time into doing an hour session because of those course timers not working as I expected. Had a boss fight last twice as long, probably because it had a weakness and my skills could not take advantage of it, blue having 70 points fewer than any color and not keeping up. Healing skills also skew your time, so you might as well extra minutes for each one.

I have some questions on getting better:
Can I open the skill tree some more?
Are rainy courses intentionally harder to run in?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I have what looks like one last Dragaux stage in the world that introduced the statues. Am I going to be able to buy everything that needs the statue parts after finishing the last stage?
The rapid-fire squat stage was horrible.

As a mention: The advanced Dreadmill stage was not stopping at all.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 20, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think someone posted the names of muscles are used for the music.

I noticed that there are a dozen exercises I have barely done and made them my set. One of them is Overhead Squats and I hate it so much.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Crush men's skulls between your thighs.