Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm sure by now we all have our main fantasy leagues but I was wondering if anyone wanted a backup team that was less of a fantasy and instead . . . . a nightmare.

Teams will be made up of a randomized list of NBA players. You will be allowed one change a week. If we get less than the number of people interested or need to add a team to make it even or something, that team is going to get a list of players too. Trades will be encouraged in speech but possibly unlikely because I think I'm going to do three votes to veto.

On top of that, what categories we count for scoring are also going to be randomized. I'm thinking . . . three categories. E: Changed my mind on this I saw how many drat categories there are, what I will do is I will roll four d10 dice and that is how many categories we will do.

Also you're going to have to trust me because I think I'll have to hit the random button and also I'll also have to enter the rosters

The winner will win a $5 dollar Pilot Gas Station gift card that they have to spend within six months of receiving it or be BANNED from these forums.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
yes

I would like to join that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cool, glad to have you. I think the way to do this probably so I don’t have to collect a bunch of email addresses is to PM you a link once it’s ready.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also I don’t actually have a way to actually ban anyone for not spending the Pilot Gift Card. If you want to squander the opportunity to purchase six 44 oz sodas that is on you.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Im in

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Auto draft or truly random? I want the Kings wet dream, nothing but centers and power forwards.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't want to say "truly random," so I don't get yelled at by a roving STEMbro, but I am going to put an alphabetical list of all the current nba players (available at nba.com) and put them into random.org 's list randomizer, then go from top to bottom dividing every group of 13 people in the output into a team. Then for each person who signs up, I am going to roll 5 d10 dice, and they will get the team that corresponds with what they roll. In the unlikely event of a duplicate roll, the second roll willll be re-rolled for.

So yeah you could definitely end up with more than 4 centers for sure.

The problem will be that I am pretty sure that the fantasy sites only let you play like a max of 5 bigs a day, although I could be wrong and this could end up being a grand mistake.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm in.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Cool, glad to have you. I think the way to do this probably so I don’t have to collect a bunch of email addresses is to PM you a link once it’s ready.

i willl do

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Counting down til the draft currently in the chat at random.org

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm down for a slot if available.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ll jump in. I don’t have PMs or a real fantasy league so I’m going to try super hard. If it’s not too much trouble you can email me at no2sportsfan at gmail

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
We have 6, maybe 7 so I think that's enough to start, but I'll give it until 2:00 PM Arizona Time (Pacific for two more weeks, so 5:00 PM Eastern I guess) tomorrow to see if anyone else wants to join. We may or may not miss the first week of the season because I don't know how long it's going to take to drop all this in or what happens when you start a league late.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I did a simulation of the dice rolling and it was dumb and I realized why right away, if you're rolling 5 dice there's a minimum you can get and also it will always trend to the average. So I will switch to a virtual 1d45 (the number of teams you can create out of the 590 NBA players listed at NBA.com) which seems to get more random results and actually makes it possible to draw any of all 45 teams.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm in, my only basketball fantasy league shall be a ridiculous one.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Perfect, welcome aboard.

There's no reason I can't do this rolling now, it'll save me time when I try to get this up before the season actually starts tomorrow, and if more people join I'll just do their dice rolls as they go.

A.S. and S. Jung if you were just joking and don't really want to play it's fine I can throw your dice rolls back in the pool.

Roll(1d45)+0:
30,+0
Total:30 El Toasto

Roll(1d45)+0:
16,+0
Total:16 The Maestro

Roll(1d45)+0:
38,+0
Total:38 piratepilates

Roll(1d45)+0:
20,+0
Total:20 spacejung

Roll(1d45)+0:
26,+0
Total:26 dejan

Roll(1d45)+0:
3,+0
Total:3 Punkin Spunkin

Roll(1d45)+0:
12,+0
Total:12 Dave

Roll(1d45)+0:
36,+0
Total:36 Aggressively Stupid

Roll(1d45)+0:
40,+0
Total:40 Movie Majick

Roll(1d45)+0:
32,+0
Total:32 Stevie Lee

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Natural 20? Of course i am in

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If there's room for another I'll jump in on this

Ranch Du Bois
Apr 23, 2018
im in since i already screwed up my other fantasy league

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

If there's room for another I'll jump in on this

Sure!

Roll
(1d45)+0:
22,+0
Total:22

Ranch Du Bois posted:

im in since i already screwed up my other fantasy league

Welcome

Roll(1d45)+0:
21,+0
Total:21

Hmm I hope this dice roller isn't broken since it seems to just be filling out the 20s.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
I would like to join this league is there is room. I haven't played since the yahoo leagues in 2000 when I picked up Shawn Marion, Rashard Lewis and Kevin Garnett and advance statted my way to victory.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
Hello I have played fantasy basketball exactly one time before but I would like to permanently ruin my perception of it by playing this nightmare version

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I want in on this, nothing could be worse than my showing in that last GM one three years ago or whatever it was oh god

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Y'all are in. That brings us to 17 people total (including me), next number of team size is 18 so we can take one more person I figure, but if someone doesn't show up before I finish inputing teams I'll roll a team for a bot so we have enough people. Okay going to start sending links out and after that teams will start happening.

Oceanlife:

Roll(1d45)+0:
20,+0
Total:20 -- already taken, re roll

Roll(1d45)+0:
37,+0
Total:37

Ordinaire:

Roll(1d45)+0:
7,+0
Total:7

rivetz:
Roll(1d45)+0:
35,+0
Total:35

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I sent the first few invites out, can someone let me know if it works or not because I have no idea how it is going to assign people to teams just from that link. The tams are all still blank at this point though so I guess it doesn't matter.

E: nevermind I tested it, it works.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ranch Du Bois and Oceanlife, I need some way to send you this link, if you're paranoid you can email c3po1fan at the gmail website.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

if you're not at the cutoff i will be team 18

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

if you're not at the cutoff i will be team 18

Perfect. I'll shoot you the invite.

Roll(1d45)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

I'm realizing a kind of flaw to this is I have no idea which team is who. Can y'all post or PM me your team names?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am Team Doc. Doc Team. Team Dic.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tropang Talk 'N Texters

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Mmm taco Falafel, here

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Kawhi did he leave?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
In as your local Curbside Mattress Takers

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i'm 1017 brick squad

Ranch Du Bois
Apr 23, 2018
I shall be the Dementia Brain Boys

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
I emailed you. ChristianTipling at the gmail website place.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
Hot Dog is my team

Edit:
:dogcited:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Oceanlife posted:

I emailed you. ChristianTipling at the gmail website place.

Sent your way!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

yeah eltoasto is my gmail as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
lil mambas gonna make yall crawl