Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Leon Sumbitches posted:

What the hell happened around 1925 that caused such a fall in sexual assault of minors?

Could it have been prohibition? The birth of Jazz? I legit don't know

Aren't these kind of crime statistics often due to changes in the way crimes are categorised, investigated and prosecuted rather than a reflection of changes in human behaviour

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I can believe some of that for the large swings in sex offenses, but there are recorded legislative complaints from riverboat operators in the 1840s that the number of dead kids in some canals was slowing their boats down :gonk: so I think the pre family planning era also just had a ton of casual infanticide.

I don't think I'd want to live in that era, although I hear that some people in Arizona like the idea.

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤

gurragadon posted:

No electrical power. No way I'm going back. I lost power for like 3 hours yesterday and couldn't do anything.

going back in time with the knowledge to start industrial civilisation early, but doing it sensibly this time

But all you achieve is causing climate apocalypse 25 years earlier

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

edit: reminders me of one of my favorites

open png online

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 20, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Billboards seen around Mount Clemens, Michigan.

I'm guessing the second and third ones were made with AI to hide the Adolf pictures so they're only visible at a distance.

Like this one of "goats on a mountain"

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/Zb6yEij.png:nws:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
https://nypost.com/cover/april-21-2024/

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Eve Fartlow

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's funny because it can be easily read that the police response to one was far worse than the other

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
A good opportunity to repost this all-time banger.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Eva Bartlow

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fellas is it gay to have casual sex with women

It's interesting that the non-religious right wing has recreated the aesticism and self-denial of the religious right wing. But instead of stuff being "sinful" it's "gay"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
It's always weird penis stuff with these folks

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Holy poo poo I thought that had to be a fake but nope he tweeted that

I really feel like he's got something to tell us all, especially since he's pushing 38 and has no kids at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's just an arms race between the neo-nazi influencers, you have to constantly up the heat of your takes if you want attention. No one in the world believes that literal sex trafficker Andrew Tate thinks non procreative sex is wrong.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

It works - we’re sitting here talking about that fuckboi because of his engagement bait takes. Really wish people would stop posting this kind of drivel - the takes are all the same pig with different shades of lipstick and they’re all bad faith low-effort crap. We’ve seen them all a million times, and we all know these people are both dumb as bricks and playing the media engagement game. It’s not new, it’s not funny, it’s not real. These human turds are not worth even being acknowledged.

Sorry, sorry, I’ll take a breath while I wait for my number two combo please

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

It works - we’re sitting here talking about that fuckboi because of his engagement bait takes. Really wish people would stop posting this kind of drivel - the takes are all the same pig with different shades of lipstick and they’re all bad faith low-effort crap. We’ve seen them all a million times, and we all know these people are both dumb as bricks and playing the media engagement game. It’s not new, it’s not funny, it’s not real. These human turds are not worth even being acknowledged.

Sorry, sorry, I’ll take a breath while I wait for my number two combo please

He did a recent video where he says he's never had a conversation with any of the women he's been with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Scratch Monkey posted:

Holy poo poo I thought that had to be a fake but nope he tweeted that

I really feel like he's got something to tell us all, especially since he's pushing 38 and has no kids at all.

This is the same guy who recently tweeted about how real men don't use their entire penis for sex.

He knows his time in the sun is over, he's just trolling for clickbait now. The only question is how many more people he's going to hurt on his way out the door.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Nonsense posted:

He did a recent video where he says he's never had a conversation with any of the women he's been with.

Ok

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

For more context he was mocking men who discuss their day, ideas, feelings with women because there is no reason to talk to them. He is very screwed in the head but my nephews know who he is which I'm sure many young people also "know" of him. There are a lot of Tate's out there hopefully they can stopped like this guy was.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 24, 2024

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

At this point I'm convinced that guys like Tate and Jorp just suffer from depression and/or anhedonia and have decided to make it everybody else's problem.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Jorp is the most classically depressed, self-loathing man who’s ever lived.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That's probably why he's so loving funny

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

madmatt112 posted:

We’ve seen them all a million times, and we all know these people are both dumb as bricks and playing the media engagement game. It’s not new, it’s not funny, it’s not real.
So when Andy Ngo does "I'm fumbling basic arithmetic, can you do better?" mobile game ad posting, it's just for... engagement? :(

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ruffian Price posted:

So when Andy Ngo does "I'm fumbling basic arithmetic, can you do better?" mobile game ad posting, it's just for... engagement? :(

I thought that was Ian Miles Cheong?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Guess it was my turn to probe someone for posting sleeping Shaq :negative:

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

thermodynamics cheated
tate is like what you get when you have a clinically hardass abuser family, anytime he tries to demo "male strength" you can almost hear the echo of him getting the belt hard over the dumbest most authoritarian bullshit

whatever jorp's origin story is all about, most of his modern day energy is the consequence of him winking out half his fuckin neurons on benzos. he's just sorta sunken and cored out at the best of times, and what's left inside is irritable and incapable of feeling complacent with life, ever, and i bet you'll hear it come out anytime someone gets his dander ruffled properly

Ruffian Price posted:

oh no let me fumble this milkshake

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's just so hard to not be gay these days.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
"It's homosexual to be heterosexual."

lol

And dumb fucks take this guy seriously. I hope he's locked the gently caress up soon and permanently.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Katt Williams similarly has implied working around men is gay lol. Tate takes the cake though.
Internet has messed up a lot of brains.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 25, 2024

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

thermodynamics cheated
lotta american communities grew up psychotically obsessed with the appearance of homosexuality and constantly feel the pressure to prove their masculiniity, and internet doesnt even get to take credit for that, the online zeitgeist for culture purists just came in and bloomed the fungal rot

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I believe Freep already coined the term 'heterosexual gays' so Tate loses again

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Katt Williams similarly has implied working around men is gay lol. Tate takes the cake though.
Internet has messed up a lot of brains.

I think Katt Williams did a pretty good job messing his own brain up without the internet’s help

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

zoux posted:

Fellas is it gay to have casual sex with women

It's interesting that the non-religious right wing has recreated the aesticism and self-denial of the religious right wing. But instead of stuff being "sinful" it's "gay"

Wait, isn't he in prison?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Nah just Romania although after they’re done with him he’s getting extradited to the UK for some other crimes

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/12/1238086900/andrew-tate-arrested-romania-to-extradite-uk

His jailhouse Muslim turn has been interesting

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1783292236668576119

Blast from the past I haven't heard of this guy since I was watching G4 in 2001 or something.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Last time Sessler was on the public radar was during Gamergate when he was playing moral support for Phil Fish's self-doxxing meltdown.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think Katt Williams did a pretty good job messing his own brain up without the internet’s help

I am never sure how much of Williams is real and now much is an act

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

notaspy posted:

I am never sure how much of Williams is real and now much is an act

I saw a clip of him on some interview while doing a poo poo* and he was basically the second-most bitter person I've ever listened to. Kept making GBS threads on Shortman Whatshisname - you know the guy who's mates with The Rock - in a way that made it extremely clear he's real envious of them. (First place goes to Markorepairs.)

*) I was doing a poo poo and watching the clip, Katt Williams was not being interviewed while doing a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kith posted:

Last time Sessler was on the public radar was during Gamergate when he was playing moral support for Phil Fish's self-doxxing meltdown.

I remember a year or 2 ago someone shared some old racist clip and he really lost it rather than just simply say sorry and it was a different time.