Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
This remake of Alpha Centauri is going in strange, new directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

What in the world does this mean

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I heard Germany was a land of contrasts, but **** was better.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Lmao at how small the Berlin metro area is

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
WHO GOES ON THE SHIP?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
gently caress it Racist Cop it is

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I will physically saw off Florida from the Union.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

happyhippy posted:

She still has the bullet in her leg ONE YEAR after it happened.

0wns

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

By gawd he's got a chair lmao :bahgawd:

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I never really think about having provider networks and direct access to emergency care.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

How is homeopathy even traditional? It was invented in the 1790s by Europeans and only even appeared to work because the homeopathic societies had clean water that didn't have sewage in it, so giving people with cholera the homeopathic treatment of "not other people's body waste, in your water" for a few weeks would cure them.

I don't want to research it; but, was there a market for homeopathy branding of any sort in Europe circa 1800?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Okay, perfect response. But my degenerate butt wanted to know if there was a prototypical homeopathy-brand millionaire way back when that wasn't astroturfed by nobles.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
You're right, I jumped the gun on assuming mass media branding.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

zoux posted:

It's kind of interesting that homeopathy never caught on here like it did in Europe. We got other snake oil stuff, but idk if homeopathy is even a top ten crackpot medicine scam in these here united states

Oh it loving did.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
No! How could I have fallen for The Moscow Times!

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 16, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

America is huge and the race for land was unique.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

bowmore posted:

I kind of get what they are saying with this, challenging the dominant idea of the western medical model being the only way. Enforcing beliefs on non-western people about ways to "do medicine" is an extension of colonialism and you'd ideally work with people to show them evidence and let them integrate best practice with their own way of doing healthcare

Stop it right now.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
How old is their PR squad?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

This wasn't directed at me but the answer is very obvious: they have a captive audience with no other options. It's similar to concerts, sporting events and amusement parks or anywhere else where you can't bring your own food/booze so they just totally soak you. What's someone going to do if they have a 5 hour layover in Philadelphia and get hungry or want a drink?

They also don't get paid for time spent taxiing on the runway or waiting for a delayed takeoff.

Are airports a cartel or something because that seems wild

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Kind of, because there's usually one big airport in an area (maybe two if it's a big city) so they don't compete against each other. And then each gets to choose who's allowed to set up shop inside.

That sounds like local shops kicking up (squeezing their customers) to pay up to an executive board (squeezing the shops and pilots) that allows them to operate. I'm guessing franchise owners only get a fraction of the upsell.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I challenge putiN, TO A JELLO FIGHT

Tbf, I'm covered in cat hair.

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 23, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
It's some dumb poo poo, just steal everything not nailed down.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
The workers obviously shouldn't care.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
YOU ARE MEAT WAD, WHAT DO YOU DO. SLUT.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
B R U T A L I T Y

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Henry Killinger

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

zoux posted:

Let them eat cake indeed

Two words: slide and show.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
All abort!

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Imagine management being copies of Duck Phillips. Cuz it happened.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
It's what incest looks like if you could magically take away all the birth defects.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
https://twitter.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1784661993980416066/photo/1

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Dammit

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Don't Crack Ping me, I don't wanna be Crack Ping'd

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Looking slim and well preserved!