Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1194029874110963713

Wow, Warren is really stepping up on this one.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1185670890249322496

God, he's so close

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/380kmh/status/1224039218520952834

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
With sword and board? Looks like a low level paladin to me.

And don't you hate it when you're playing a game and the first and worst armor they give you is the coolest looking one?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

She's like a wax sculpture of herself. She keeps her pickled, screaming heart in a jar, or believes she does, when in fact her child drank it years ago upon finding it under the sink while searching for the choicest vintage. Fortunately, no apparent harm has come to Zackleign.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cocaine Bear posted:

It's because he's legit sorry and has evolved as a person. Everyone else just gets caught and sees nothing wrong with their words or actions. Jim Jeffrey's has a similar arch and he openly admits his poo poo used to be misogynistic and bad.

Wait, did Jim Jeffries knock it off with the misogyny? Because he's said some rapey poo poo and I've been waiting for the accusations to come out, and it didn't occur to me the pendulum might swing the other way.

Okay, I read a couple interviews and a review and it looks like he's better, but not necessarily good. It kind of feels like he's aiming for the Frankie Boyle approach, a veneer of grim, grossout nihilism hiding a progressive perspective. I assume there's some genuine good intent in there, or he'd go for the guaranteed paychecks, do as the Daily Telegraph wills and get back to the hate. But like, the Guardian paraphrases something from his show about how Jim wishes he was gay because then he could punch his partner, and I guess context could make that better, but it sure sounds like his old stuff.

The past few years have given both celebrities and subcultures plenty of opportunities to show us who they really are. Juggalos passed, my family failed, clearly if I had any common decency I would join the Juggalo Family instead. I haven't, and that's one more instance of a person's cringe reflex getting in the way of a their sense of decency. The revolution of the proletariat is inevitable and it's called the Struggalo Circus (and furcon but that's a different story).

Here's Shaggy 2 Dope gracefully acknowledging the music group's increasingly lesser role in their own subculture, though he expresses hope that his newfound family will hold onto their sense of solidarity in the form of antiracism:
https://noise.thehardtimes.net/2020/05/28/up-the-juggalos-shaggy-2-dope-on-the-lefts-gradual-embrace-of-icp/

A hero of the revolution posted:

While you touch on some antiracist themes in your music, do you see ICP as a political group?

We’re not a political group, but we’re just not racist motherfuckers. I hear racist poo poo, but I’m out the loop on that poo poo. I don’t understand how somebody could be. That poo poo just doesn’t compute with me. I got a three-year-old daughter and we never pin words on anything. There’s nothing political to that, that’s just how we came up. But I hate racist people. It’s a waste of time and the dumbest poo poo ever.

As we move forward, where do you see the Juggalo’s place in the big picture?

I’ll tell you, you can take [Insane Clown Posse] out of the picture and ship us off to Antarctica, and Juggalos will still be here. They’re their own thing now. There are entire bands and products that are sold to Juggalos that don’t sound like us, and have nothing to do with us. When we’re dead and gone, that’s going to live on. Hopefully people will carry it on in a proper way and send out the same kind of message we represent now.

Meanwhile, Gwar is almost being cool but still a little timid (this matters to me, you see). Blöthar the Berserker floats the theory that the reason the moral watchdogs were giving poo poo to Cannibal Corpse and Gwar back in the day was because they really wanted to come after NWA and Ice Cube exclusively, but then the jig would be up. He points out that liberals are supposed to be the thin-skinned crowd, but they seemed fine with Obama getting literally eviscerated onstage every night, whereas the conservatives get all mad nowadays when Trump is out there giving Blöthar a bj as a part of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr50wO0mpYk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kith posted:

why is his left hand metallic

Medusa's butt turns you to lead.