Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

nice.nice

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Now that's a niche reference.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

fool of sound posted:

Both of you cut it out.

I'm picturing your avatar saying this and it's a light in the darkness.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I can't find any information about how long it's been stuck. At least five hours, but how long had it been wedged before this tweet?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Florida becomes the Doggerland of North America. Fishermen occasionally haul up titanium hips and anchors catch on the rusting remains of Cadillacs.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

litany of gulps posted:

Haha, there's some lovely building in Dallas that was doing the same thing a few years ago. A local museum had to build a light blocking ceiling to keep the reflected light from melting its art

Yep. They never bothered to fix it, because gently caress you.

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-ent...e-ll-see-a-fix/

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 30, 2021

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I'm not sure if it came up in this thread or another, but the mathematics/economic theory behind the Laffer curve is solid. The abuse of it by conservative politicians lies in where they place the inflection point where marginal gains from tax increases become negative. The true inflection point is nowhere near where a lot conservative economists claim., but the underlying idea (that increasing tax rates do not linearly increase tax revenue, and that at some point tax increases may actually result in negative marginal returns above a certain point) is well-founded. It's just another example of conservatives abusing statistics/economic theory for self-serving gain, especially when they conflate decreasing marginal returns with decreasing returns in an absolute sense.

Nah, it's fundamentally garbage at a deeper level because it relies on the "Homo economicus" model of the rational actor, and assumes that the only reason anybody does anything is for financial gain and personal profit.

Of course that's a problem with classical economics as a whole, but that's a much larger conversation.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

What's going on in this video?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

trucutru posted:

The white house must have the best drugs.

Since JFK at least if not before.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

How are u posted:

All signs point to her being exactly that dumb. There was a deep dive article on her last year and the best conclusion they could come up with is that she fully and completely believes that she's playing incredibly good politics, and that she sincerely believes that she is on the path to the Presidency.

I you have a link I'd like to read it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

1. Photo of a printout.

2. They actually don't have that warning:

3. The vast majority of car engines built for the past 50 years are made with hydraulic self-adjusting lifters. They don't NEED valve adjustments because they do it themselves as the engine runs - more precisely than any human could do the job.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 21, 2022

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

How could anyone have seen this coming?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jesus Kentucky Fried Christ

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Meritocracy at its finest.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Mississippi, goddam.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Beastie posted:

Kick them chocks

Right into a loving fire pit.

Nah, belt-sand the sticker off and use them to whack every member of the ground crew in the crotch like nunchaku.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Is his head really that ginormous or is there some sort of perspective trick happening?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gyges posted:

I thought it was agreed that she was trying to maximize her sweet post electoral lobbying career.

Lobbying requires you to have built up relationships and influence among your colleagues, which Sinema has spectacularly failed to do as well.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Which one of these guys tasered himself in the balls and then had a heart attack?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
And Peter Thiel's weird thing about blood transfusions doesn't help.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Everyone needs a hobby.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

squibble posted:

Ok, it might be my covid fog that's the problem but I'm just not understanding what this is all about. What's the equivalence?

Just my impression, but the White House press corps is pissy because they were told there would be no press at the wedding but pictures from a pre-wedding photo shoot were published in Vanity Fair. Obviously this is exactly as bad as all the lies the Trump administration told, because it thwarted the desires of journalists to feel like they're actually friends with the people they're reporting on. Or to feel important. Something like that.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Wow, this is fascinating. And kinda creepy. This guy cycles between cognitive dissonance and doublethink a couple times here. You can feel the discomfort when faced with a reality that contradicts his political beliefs, then he slides right into the comfortable, familiar topics on which he can exercise doublethink as a coping mechanism.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gyges posted:

A Star of David Swastika hybrid, where the interior of the star was a swastika.

It's one of the symbols that the Raelian UFO cultists use, though I doubt Kanye knows that.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Double-tap.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Ted Cruz consoling a police officer who didn't intervene in the Uvalde shooting

"I know how you feel, buddy - I'm an enormous chickenshit too."

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

zoux posted:

Well look who finally came around

Jewish values like, hm, how about the 46 times the Torah commands not to oppress the stranger?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
^^ JESUS GODDAMN CHRIST that smile. ^^

poemdexter posted:

For a split second, I confused Maya Rudolph and Maya Angelou and got super confused. The real question is what shoes will Maya be wearing?

And does she make Tucker feel funny in his tidy-whities?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PT6A posted:

"Persons experiencing Frenchness"

If you used that phrase around me I'd think it meant "tourists in Paris getting lovely service".

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rebel Blob posted:

I'd bet money on that he's hiding a holdout pistol in an ankle holster too. Guys like that imagine that they are going to get the real-life chance to act like the star of an action movie. Have to be prepared to pull out a hidden gun during the climax, when the smug bad guy thinks you are disarmed!

That'd be his drop gun.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
No, I want as many people as possible to watch that. Because it's hilarious.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Maybe this AI poo poo does have some use after all.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/1636819185501126656

Alright dude who named this animal, stop being extra

quote:

Other vernacular names include snot otter,[9] lasagna lizard,[9] devil dog, mud-devil, mud dog, water dog, grampus,[10] Allegheny alligator, and leverian water newt.[5]

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

IT BURNS posted:

Any English major or logic goons wanna sentence diagram that? The second pic would probably be a new geometric shape.

I suspect it would summon Pazuzu.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Heartwarming to see that junkies care so much for the community that they'll recap their syringes and dispose of the sharps in another, presumably biohazard-appropriate container.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

That firefighter's about to have more busted taillight stops than he's ever had in his whole life.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

cat botherer posted:

VAT is dumb and functionally equivalent to sales tax. Not having it at the feral level is one of the few things America gets right.

Freudian typo?