Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don't worry, winning this isn't actually a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in fact, regarding the yospos demographic, it's probably likely that less smarts is correlated with more happiness, more satisfaction and contentment with life, and less of a likelihood to want to drown in sweet sweet beer every day from now until you die

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this

or that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ps this is a name and shame thread. fishmech clearly has the most wikipedia urls memorised. that was a given. the rest aren't quite as clear :hmmmm:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

well, it's definitely not me.

how are we defining "smartest", anyway?

knows things

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like what? put a jigsaw puzzle together

my father in law loves sudoku. presumbly he's good at it.. but does this "exercise" his brain like it's talked about around the sudoku table? I presume the sudoku circuits in his brain are fine. idk if it makes him go supermarket shopping coz he doesn't enjoy it therefore doesn't do it .. wtf?

people call me smart, it's a wide (maybe shallow, but at least wide) knowledge base, especially around science stuff, that makes me seem like I know what I am talking about it real life. and picking up new concepts isn't that difficult, and no problems using computers. makes you the smartest person in your suburb

here in yospos tho, there are dozens of people like that too, only better and can see through my sad facade

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the trick isn’t just to say that persistence is the key to success, it’s somehow to instil a work ethic too

I can only imagine how I might actually have some success in life if I wasn’t a lazy piece of poo poo. thankfully I can get away with doing less work to achieve the same outcomes when it comes to learning compared to others, coz getting my degree and registration involved a lot more “it just comes easily to me” and not so much “I just studied my rear end off”. imagine being one of those people who were both. imagine living a life better than treading water. lol actually imaging a better life is probably bad for my mental health

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

animist posted:

i am a moron

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the human brain is amazing in that someone could be an extremely competent and talented driver for example but also thick as pig poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

lol saw this in the thread list and i was like "echi" but then i was like wait i think this thread is old and sure enough it was and not only that but i posted in it and said it was echi that time too

i guess my point is that im obviously dumb