Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

You sure do pick great stopping points. I can't wait to watch the second video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mayumi is sweet but also radiates intense boomer energy...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So we have the machine, and then we have The Machine.

I have no idea what the “mystery object” actually is but the angel line is probably just some kind of Evangelion shoutout.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Oh that was not a very fun time with memory dreams.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

42 is always a good answer.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hm. If I draw attention to what Boss is talking about with the left mysterious mask, it'll be an obvious meme. If I don't, it will be a mystery to TheMcD...

Perhaps I will need to reject my goonanity.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

This entire video is the best.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm so glad Iris knows about the Berenstein Effect.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

This is fantastic.

Not sure what that last action could mean, though...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm catching up, and I'm not sure what it says about me that when the Make a Pentagram puzzle appeared I saw the solution just about immediately.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m thinking there’s more to this.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

This is certainly more wholesome than what happened in the other route.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I should hope non-Somnium Aiba is better at driving than Somnium Aiba if she does have to take the wheel, lest we forget what happened when she unleashed the Drift King.

...Oh no.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Akasaka from HQ sounds like David Lodge. David Lodge as Jeralt, in particular.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Everything in this Somnium was kinda... dot-matrix-printer-y.

Like a comic book.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Date... needs sleep.

Gotta wonder whether Ota saw Aiba looking around after Date collapsed though.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

...I cried, just a little bit. That kind of thing almost never happens with a video game.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tau Wedel posted:

It's also interesting that it was Pewter specifically who analyzed the DNA from the cigarette, rather than the anonymous forensics lab that handled the blood at the warehouse. Perhaps I'm just being overly paranoid, but I can't help but notice that in the other branch Iris was also kidnapped and taken to the warehouse, and Pewter was responsible. Can we actually trust his analysis, here?

I believe we can, since in this timeline Renju is dead and in that timeline Renju asked him to do that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

52-X notes:

6:53 Yuri!!! on ICE references!

8:30 A Pandora's Box from Mars is the catalyst that begins Kamen Rider Build.

11:40 Kamen Rider Den-O's catchphrase.

16:53 Kamen Rider W's catchphrase.

17:25 No. No, he is not. The catchphrase is Kamen Rider Gaim's. It's. It's not good. I can't articulate why beyond pacing issues (since I didn't watch most of it), but it's bad.

I've heard one of the left side plates has different dialogue if you punch it, though, so maybe there's still something to catch up on!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I do like that the music for PSYNCIN' IN THE SUSTaiN is very, very obviously built on the theme of Matsushita Diner.

Hwurmp posted:

no no Ota's Somnium was a few videos ago

:golfclap:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

1234567890num posted:

Seems like the somnia on the dead Renju timeline has the philosophy of "You need a lot of time to do these stuffs, but here's your timies. Get to it :colbert:" While the somnia on the alive Renju timeline has the philosophy "There's a huge time sink at the end and the timies are all hidden. Better hope you found a good one! :buddy:"

Also, it's easy to found Hitomi running around in circles if you're also running around in circles in the dark. Hooray for kindred spirits! :hfive:

All the Somnia really have kind of a gameplay identity, from what I can tell:

SINKIN’ IN THE BRaiN (Date->Himself): No time limit

PSYNCIN’ IN THE PaiN (Date->Mizuki): Time limit introduced but otherwise not unusual

PSYNCIN’ IN THE VILLaiN (Date->So): Somnium divided into discrete areas, all Mental Lock hints are identical (“Make an escape path”)

PSYNCIN’ IN THE MaiN 1 (Date->Iris): One puzzle, two solutions; all Timie previews are ??? (until/unless you Make Something Else)

PSYNCIN’ IN THE MaiN 2 (Date->Iris): Extremely high object count/pentagram

PSYNCIN’ IN THE VaiN (Date->Iris): Two completely different puzzles

PSYNCIN’ IN THE SWaiN (Date->Ota): High average time cost per action (as a sign of Date and Ota’s poor compatibility)

PSYNCIN’ IN THE SUSTaiN (Date->Mayumi): Most interactions and the Mental Lock hints are dialogue (“Why?”, etc.) instead of actions

PSYNCIN’ IN THE CAPTaiN (Mizuki->Date): Certain actions alter the time cost of subsequent actions

PSYNCIN’ IN THE CURTaiN (Date->#89): Nonlinearity and In Somniet Prisoner Object Interacts With You

PSYNCIN’ IN THE MOUNTaiN (Date->Hitomi): What’s a Timie, can you eat it? (Basically no Timies anywhere)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Bloody Emissary posted:

Edit: His fixation with fireworks feels weird; like it should have been foreshadowed sooner somehow. Even though it's something that doesn't really need an explanation per se, the game is good about laying down clues for all its other little details, so it really stands out as this noticeable yet unconnected thing.

The fireworks thing does come up at the end of Mizuki’s route when Saito’s psyche is in So’s body, but not... really in other places, no.

Araxxor posted:

Boss may not have been the villain, but she's still a horrible person. :v:

I’m not sure how you’re getting this read, exactly. She did some terrible things, yes, but with... this resolved she has a chance to do better.

On the other hand, she’s a cop, and one involved in presumably warrantless searching of people’s subconscious minds. In this age those two things alone are big red flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Speaking of Date's car, supposedly it's a 1989 Ford Falcon.

And yes, that is how the stone mask works.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 8, 2020